• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, Numa Dude, I've never seen you before.

It's always weird for me when I seen people who have been here for a while for the first time. I can't believe you have 1,300 posts and I've never seen you post before.

Whatever. This game was fun, and I thought it used the Wiimote and nunchuck inovativley, but I still feel like I have better memories with OoT AND Windwaker.

Btw, I thought Windwaker was BRILLIANT. So many sidequests and stuff, I think I might actually like that game as much as OoT. I loved Windfall town or Windfall village or whatever.

And all those figurines and pictures were sweet.
Did you love sailing from island to island too? That made me lose the will to live.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Did you love sailing from island to island too? That made me lose the will to live.
It took like two minutes max, dude. And theirs things to do in the ocean, like treasure hunting and killing enemies.

And getting the fish maps.

And taking pictures of squids.

And killing the squids.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
It took like two minutes max, dude. And theirs things to do in the ocean, like treasure hunting and killing enemies.

And getting the fish maps.

And taking pictures of squids.

And killing the squids.
The fun of taking picture of squid and getting a sculpture made from it or killing them doesn't last for long. Small little things like that are amusing for a few seconds, at best. Unless it's ridiculously entertaining or beneficial to the game in some way, I'd much rather go straight to my destination.

Some side quests aren't bad, but I'd much rather have had the islands in the game a bit closer together instead.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Wow, you really dislike this game, don't you? I do respect how you weren't vulgar about it, and you did make some interesting points.
I still like this game, and hope to play it often.

I still like O.O.T. better...
Well I just felt the game was lacking in too many areas to be considered a good game. Out of all the games I own for Wii this has been the least fun (though I know for a fact it would be better than those PS2 ports). I've beaten the game now and I will probably sell it soon cause I really cannot picture me going through it again.

My favorite 3d Zelda game was Majora's Mask. The whole time I was playing Twilight Princess I was hoping they were going to link it someway to that game because you had the banished tribe of shadows. But they never did.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
I don't like how it feels more linear than the others. Or maybe I just didn't explore enough my first play through...but a bad game? Not really, I've seen much worse. I do wish they would break the voice barrier. I would like to hear the character actually speak every now and then, but that's minor and doesn't have anything to do with the actual gameplay (helps with the story a little, as I am a slow reader).

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I didn't say it was a bad game. I just said that it was the worst game I own for the Wii. It was disappointing. I just regret buying it at full price. However, I regret even more about buying Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for $10.

It doesn't deserve the high scores that people give it. Personally I would give it a 6.5 out of 10. Its nice but there nothing really exciting about it, just slightly above an average game.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
I got it for GCN. I don't exactly protest the Wii version, but I don't like how Link is right-handed in that one (fandom reason).
As with O.O.T., the most boring part, I thought, was the beginning, where all you do is learn the basics. You should be able to skip parts, like the goat herding and other minorities. After that, it seems okay to me.
Maybe you'd like the GCN version? If that even makes any difference at all (then it would just be the most boring game you have for GCN :laugh:)

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Ive played it for a little while on Gamecube but it really wasn't very different. Sometimes were better but I still wouldn't raise the score much on it.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Temple of Time was enjoyable, although not as much as other dungeons. The whole "moving statues" thing was cool...It was like Wind Waker nostalgia...
Something I think they could have improved though was the length of the dungeon. Seriously, when I got the statue back to the starting room and proceeded (ie. got to the room before the Boss room), I honestly thought I'd just reached the dungeon's halfway point. So I was suprised to discover I'd reached the Boss room already.

Also, does anyone notice the simialrity between these songs? just the intros anyway....

I Write Sins Not Tragedies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JGE2XSqEo4

Ordon Village
http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/7298/4

tshahi10

Smash Ace
i didnt feel this game as i did windwaker and oot. the whole wolff parts made me think it was the samee thing over and over. this certainly felt like a dull game. however i do give themprops for creating a lot of space.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
God, this game maybe isn't a pure legend, but it isn't horrible either! I found the dungeons to be much more fresh and less repetitive in puzzles then some of the less recent titles. It's partially your own fault for overhyping the game anyways. Also, when was the last time we've seen so many new items?

Similarly, OoT and aLttP gets way too much praise. I agree that OoT is a little bit better than TP, but in no way is aLttP more fun than TP. I couldn't stand some of aLttP's gayness such as it's dungeon music and setups designed to purely frustrate you.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
nothing like ocarina of time but nothing ever will be. I think second best in the series then the twilight princess. I dunno but something about the game that wasn't memorable, maybe the bosses they wer too easy...??

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Are you kidding? Twilight Princess, for the whole game in general was way to easy, however. Ocarina of Time was clearly better and the best, though everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it is fact that Ocarina of Time has been voted countless times for best game ever. I do digress with some of you though, Twilight Princess in fact didn't come to my expectations as everyone it would when it was in development. (Of course I got it first day though) I digress with people on the fact saying it sucked cause it wasn't great compared to other Zelda games. I would souly give the Wii and Gamecube a 9.5(I don't know...maybe 10 for me)out of 10 score. Sure it wasn't like most huge Zelda fans expected, giving me the reasoning to not give it a perfect score(though I did say I am not postitive). I am just trying to say it is a great game even though it didn't exceed or meet our expectations and we shouldn't souly flame it due to that. Ocarina of Time and A Link To The Past get praised due to how great they were for that time era and now. ALttP had decent dungeons(not the best...I agree with that part) but it did have good music. Ocarina of Time...it just did everything perfectly. There is a reason for it's title of "best game ever". If anyone really got this post, I am just saying that Twiligt Princess is a great game even though it didn't exceed or meet our expectations.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
ops! i write it wrong. I mean that nothing like ocarina of time. Second best windwaker. and something about twilight princess that didn't make it memorable. probably the music, or easy boses, maybe the link, he was too grown up.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but right now I'm playing this on my sister's Wii. I'm seeing a bit of a scanline effect all throughout my playing. Is that supposed to be there?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, here is waht I was talking about before. This image is cropped and zoomed way in to make the effect clearly visible. I'm referring to them as scanlines as that's what they most closely resemble to me.

I'm not quite sure if it's an issue of the game or the Wii.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I do belive it might be the game. My game does not do that at all. Maybe you should check for a scratch or just deal with it. It is just minor anyways. You'll live on.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The TV is progressive (480p). I'll deal with it, but this appears to be a development flaw as I've heard other reports of this happening with people playing on progressive scan TVs. It's especially noticeable with smoke and fog effects. So I want to know what it is. I've seen this with a few other Wii games in varying amounts.

Top Bottom