• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nevermind my previous question.
I looked on my map and now I see that it's back at the starting area. I'll get it later
Be warned Osco,
If you find another stone, the old wolf's picture doesn't show on the map, just the new one.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Mic, I'd seen multiple
wolf markers
on the map at a time... I don't know what you're talking about.

And I haven't been here much lately, is there some reason I don't see the rep bars, or is just something going on with my computer or something?

Hey, does anyone else think that
Oocoo looks like a Pokemon reject?

EDIT: Thanks for editing those spoiler tags in there Osco, I had a brain fart there.

Sensai

Smash Master
The rep system has been done away with, Blaksheap.

And yes, I think that he looks somewhat Pokemon-ish. He's almost like a Pokemon that was too scary or just plain weird to be put in.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hey, does anyone else think that
Oocoo looks like a Pokemon reject?
Actually, my friends could never agree on how to even say the name, so someone decided it was African(?), and now her name is Oo*clicks tounge*oo.

Volrec, are you at the part with the
blocks and the ice floor puzzle?
That too me forever to figure out but once you grasp the theory, it's somewhat obvious. Just like everything else I don't understand...

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I never got the ice block puzzle done in that cave. Then again there was a lot of stuff I didn't get done. I only have 15 hearts. I'm just sad that the adventure is over, so it's kind of hard to go on sometimes.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Um, you have to have finished that puzzle to have completed the
Snowpeak Ruins, and therefore the rest of the game.
But yeah, that puzzle took me a really long time too, until I realized I'd been trying to do it wrong... like several other puzzles in the game. TP could really make me feel stupid sometimes.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Beat it a few days ago. Not bad, but I still feel like it left something to be desired. I think that something was "challenge."

Eh, is the
Cave of Ordeals
hard?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't know the
Cave of Ordeals
was a spoiler. I beg for forgiveness from all those I ruined the game for. :)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Eh, is the
Cave of Ordeals
hard?
The Cave of ordeals isn't really hard until you get to the last couple of rooms, you need the double clawshot to get to the last set of rooms. Anyways, I almost beat it, but my health was pretty low, but i got to room 46/50 I think. I had one more heart left, and I entered the room, and I saw a golden chu on the ceiling. I was extremely happy, since golden chu jelly gives you all health back, plus a small attack boost. So anyways, right when I was about to scoop up the jelly, one of the skeleton monsters screamed, so I couldn't get the jelly, and ended up dying.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
You can take out a lot of enemies from up top with the bow, or even the Clawshot. Bomb arrows will kill practically everything except Darknuts, and if you have the big quiver, you shouldn't run out, unless you're really wasteful.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
ah man I haven't been noticing this thread for so long ;____;

anyway, I finished the game (even though not 100%) and it looked awesome. Expecially the plot, as for once we get a better guide for the quest :p

Speaking of the ending I noticed no one is getting the real meaning of Zant and Ganondorf's death. It's the same for me, although I worked out some theories. In my opinion:

either Ganondorf dies, but Zant's death is shown as well in order to prove that this time he's dead for true (remember he said he would still live as long as Ganondorf is alive) or..

Zant kills Ganondorf. This would happen because during the cutscene showing how Ganondorf and Zant first met, Ganondorf told Zant that any of his desire would become his own desire. Considering this, maybe after having Ganondorf been fatally injured by Link during the final battle, Zant lost his faith in Ganondorf and desired to die together with him.

I liked the Twili race however I'm afraid they won't be back and to be honest I'm quite a lot upset because of this as I loved the concept of a dark race.

IF they come back anyway, I think the fused shadows would be involved: there is no mention about what happens them after Midna leaves and it is more than once told that they can easily corrupt the men's heart.

Oh and yes, Midna is cute as an Imp and hot in her human-like form. Zelda already looks very pretty in this one, but what can you ask more than a gothic version of Zelda?? =Q___

In my opinion anyway there are two possible explanation of Midna being dressed like that even if she's a princess. The first explanation is simply that in order to create a dark looking girl a more explicit and trasgressive dress would fit her better. However I preferr following another explanation and it's that...

...the Twili might actually be the Gerudos! Yeah, as you already might have noticed I love doing this weird theories about timelines and so.. According to what Midna says the Twili were actually living in the light world but they were banished for trying to take over the sacred realm. Something like a punishment to the whole race for ganondorf's attempt? Also Midna looks really like a Gerudo: look at her eyes, her orange hair, her dress and that sort of jewel on her head (which featured Nabooru and the twinrovas as well). And the mirror resides in the desert, which is famous for being the home of the gerudo thieves. On the other hand the twili don't seem to be featured by the all-female and one-male-each-1000-years thing, and Nabooru wouldn't have banned them in the twilight as a sage.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Eh, is the
Cave of Ordeals
hard?
I managed to beat the Cave of Ordeals on my first try. But the last battle is the most difficult one for me. I hated to fight those 3 darknuts at a time. I think I used my potions on the first fight I had with a darknut down in the Cave. And the stage with the dragons with the shields that you have to use clawshots on will also be difficult at times.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Speaking of the Cave of Ordeals, the most peculiar thing just happened to me, just a little bit ago. I have beaten TP about a month ago, and haven't really played it since, but tonight I decided to go back and beat the cave again, because I had heard it gets harder the more times you beat it.

That was true, as the 39th floor had three darknuts, and the 49th had four, but that wasn't the shocking thing. After defeating the fourth darknut, I went through the opened door to collect my Great Fairy Tears again, but the I saw the Postman on the ledge right before you jump off.

Please forgive the horrible quality of the picture as I had to take it with my camera phone.

I then did some research, and it seemed a few people had already discovered this, as well as something almost more interesting.

As you can see in the pic, when I talked to him, he said he was looking for something or someone. I decided I would look around in case there was anything else to discover. I went back into the 49th rooms floor as a wolf, and turned on my senses to see if I could dig for anything. Nothing.

However, I soon heard the beating of wings. They grew stronger, until one of those flying dragons that you have to hookshot flew out of the 48th floor, and began to attack me.

I quickly changed into a human, and killed it. The beating of wings stopped, and I decided to tak to the postman again. He said the same thing. I go back to the room, and another dragon pops out. I kill him, and ten more, until they start coming two at a time. Each time I beat one it would make the sound as if I cleared all of the enemies in a room, and I would go to the postman and come back. After about 20 min. of this, I decided there was nothing else to see, and jumped off the ledge and collected my Great Fairy Tears. ( Not before searching the ground by the spring with the fairy in it of course).

For the record, I didn't use the torch glitch.

So, interesting huh? Who else has this happened to?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nic find GaW, this makes me want to pass the cave of ordeals again, u can find the postman in telmas bar, the ranch where the goats are in ordon, and I believe in that place at kakariko village where they were taking care of the prince zora, wit this find it makes 4 places, tough he has says stuff similair like in the image, tough I wonder if theres something the postman is looking for or something... wait theres a torch glitch??...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, there's a torch glitch where you light some torches and you can just keep going through open doors instead of fighting enemies.

Heres some more pics btw,

The last one is tough to see, but thats in room 49 with the door open to 50. I'm fighting the lizard dude.

EDIT: I was planning on taking a picture of the note the postman was reading, but I forgot, but I did look at it with the Hawkeye on, and it had nothing too important on it. It was just a bunch of weird characters. It looked sort of like Wingdings.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Whoa so I'm not the only guy who found Mr. Mailman? I was wondering what that dude was doing in a dark place like that. I couldn't figure out what he wanted, so I just left him there. Heh... the mailmen in Zelda games are always weird and funny like that.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
After a few years of waiting for the game to be released, a few months of waiting to find a Wii, and about two glorious weeks of Zelda, I have finished.

A few thoughts:

Props, Aldwyn McCloud, that was my immediate thought as well, especially if you notice that
Zant has the same red hair
. I found it very interesting that they were never mentioned throughout the entire game, though this could be because of the limited backstory they gave
Gannondorf
. I also noted that there was no explicit reference to either the
Kokiri
or the
Koroks
. Granted the
flute guy (who I initially took to be the skull kid reborn) and his leafy minions could have been intended to be Koroks
. All in all, this game really did a number on my idea of the chronology/mythology of Hyrule. I'll post about that in the Timeline Theory topic once I get up to speed on it.

I noticed some Link's Awakening love a few pages back, and I'd like to support that, as it was the first Zelda game I ever played, and I still hum the Ballad of the Windfish (which I felt was horribly butchered in MM). I'm wondering if anyone caught the small homage to it in Twillight Princess? I almost missed it myself;
the shop near the first dungeon that is run by the parrot/bird; it is possible to fill your bottle from his cauldren, then leave without paying. He then says something like, 'Stop, THEIF' or something to that effect. If you come back, he attacks you. I only went back to him once after that, but I'm fairly certain he called me THEIF.

Since we all seem to be rating our top games in the series, mine are as follows...

OoT=TP > LttP=LA > MM > LoZ > Oracle Series > AoL > a flaming pile of dung > WW

I omit the Four Swords because I consider them about as cannon to the Zelda series as the Mario Party games to the Mario series, and Minish Cap because I never played it. No offense to those of you who enjoyed Wind Waker.

Andy

P.S. As for the
Ooccoo; I was under hte impression it was pronounced 'OOK-OO', as in Cuckoo without the 'c'. Certainly would have fit their use in the Sky temple

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
wow. castle town is CLEARLY unfinished and rushed.

there is no northern sector!!!!!!!! WTF? there are even archways that lead to the northern sector but are blocked by gates... and trees block a lot of potential paths. WTF!? i always loved the main town, but this time around, its sucks and is one dimentional. it looks like a busy town with a lot of depth...but nobody will stop to talk to you... very disappointing.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
yeah nobody seems to be posting on it any longer =(

I'm hoping they don't because they're busy because of Zelda XP

I only played OOT and TP however I think they're the best 1P games I ever played.

speaking of the
snowpeak ruins I think they're probably the most original dungeon of the game. Some of them are too easy and short such as twilight palace. However the twilight palace look was too good.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys I have been itching my head for days, and I just cant remember if it was mentioned here or in the game, I know link doesnt become a spirit like the other people cause he has the triforce of courage, thus transforms him into a wolf, I was wondering WHY doesnt zelda transform into an animal or something?, I dont know if it was mention or not...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont think there is ever a clear explaination for it. Perhaps it is because Zelda is just Zelda who has magical powers toward the light side. I'm personally thinking it's because they(Zant and Ganondorf) let her stay that way. The scene where Zant storms the castle, forcing Zelda to surrender comes to mind. Maybe she was cursed then or something. Cursed with the fact that she had failed her people.

I found this Zelda's story very confusing.:(

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah same, zalda and ganon lack a big role in the game, zelda didnt seemed as important as she did in OoT, or in WW, and ganondorf, well, cmon, the guy appeared face to face to link in the final 20 minutes, and u dont hear about him til 3/4 of the game... cmon...

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf and his curling rolls in the back of his head didn't seem very sinister to me. And his sword wasn't as cool as the one he wields in SSBM in his victory screen.

And that fat tramp, Telma. She looked a little gerudo'ish to me or am I just imagining ****?

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Ok, so I got a Wii just last Saturday and I got Twilight with it. I beat the game in 20 hours, with no guide. Is that just incredibly pathetic or what?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
That's an awesome time! Lol it took my brother about 40 hrs, and he used the guide a lot. It took me about 32 hours with an online guide (only used in someparts, didn't cheat too much... lol).

Duke

That's the thing. We did buy a guide but only my brother used it, it was a freaking huge book too. I also didn't burden myself with trivial things like poes, bugs ect. The only thing I would remotely go out of my way for was a heart container.

Duke

But are not necessary to win the game. Basically, you will waste more time doing those things than just emptying out your wallet and then refilling it for example
paying to repair the bridge.

EDIT: I'm going to go through it again on a speed run. I want to try to get my time under 15 hours. Which shouldn't hard at all. Maybe if I do it enough I could get it under 8 hours. Oh man, that would be intense.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
IIRC Nin Power mentioned a long time ago that Zelda's cloak protected her from the Twilight effects.
<_< How... convienent. I hate it when they add stuff like that and not mention it in the game.

Duke. :( Go frolic in Hyrule Field some more and get all the goodies. Speed runs aren't very fun.

theory contradiction

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I got a Wii just last Saturday and I got Twilight with it. I beat the game in 20 hours, with no guide. Is that just incredibly pathetic or what?
20 hours isn't a bad time for game length. MP1 took me that long the first time, and, well, not much needs to be said about MP1. Besides, it's taking most people closer to 40 hours (remember, you ARE a game geek who posts on forums...), and I doubt you found all the items and such.

Well, I'm a new member here, and I don't feel like reading through 160 pages, so I'm just gonna post my thoughts on the game without reading what's already been said.

The game is amazing. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is rock-solid, and the dungeons and items are quite possibly the best of any Zelda. Midna rocks and the story-line is quite good. There are plenty of weaknesses, though. One, the currency system is broken, which is very surprising for a Zelda game. Two, the NPC's are a bit lacking. There's not much to do in the way of side quests involving NPCs. Most extras are simply collecting items. Three, the game lacks an identity. It's basicaly a collaberation of past Zelda. The twilight realm is taken from LttP, the transformation taken from MM, and the overall structure from OoT. There's not much to seperate it.

So, there are my thoughts.

Top Bottom