• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I hope to post a video soon. Until then...

I want to know everyone's Darknut-killing combos. Here is the one I use on a first-phase Darknut: jump attack (lock + A), shield bash, helm splitter, various attacks on exposed back (provided other Darknuts aren't winding up to strike). In order for it to work, Link must follow through on the jump attack; if he hits and recoils then he won't have time to shield bash. In the event of multiple Darknuts, use the charged jump attack. That will distract the surrounding Darknuts while Link deals with the center one. If after the helm splitter the other Darknuts swing their weapons, I use the spin attack as my "various attacks" to damage the one and stun the others momentarily.

Once the Darknut switches to phase two, I use this combo: stab (lock + forward + attack), jump attack (lock + A), various attacks. Again, the jump attack follows through and leaves the Darknut open to attacks. The stab prevents the Darknut from evading (which he typically does if you try to simply jump attack first); it is quick and reaches far.

Any thoughts?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
What was everyone's favorite boss?

I personally liked the Blizzeta battle simply because the music at the beginning was incredible. On this point, anyone who can get me an mp3 of the beginning of that battle gets a thousand internets.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just recieved my copy of the LoZ:TP soundtrack.

Made me realize how plain mediocre the songs were. I doubt I'll be hunmming them 10 years from now.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
What was everyone's favorite boss?
:)
The music at the beginning of the Blizzeta fight was nice indeed. I don't really remember all the bosses, but Argorok (the dragon from the city in the sky) was pretty cool.. the rain and lightning made it look awesome IMO. Oh, and I had some fun with the Stallord too.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think we've already had a couple "favorite boss" discussions. >_>

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Blizzeta's music was awesome, the best music in the game. I liked the battle against Morpheel (water temple boss), I thought it was very unique how you defeated him, using the clawshot. I also liked the sky boss, very unique and epic.

Sensai

Smash Master
Cashed said:
And I got the Wii version (don't really know why you care...).
I apologize immensely for giving a ****.

Typh, I know what you mean about the music...the way I see it, this is just LoZ : Ocarina Revisted. The next Zelda game I'm expecting to blow us away, like OoT did (or even) like WW did.

Buzz, there was no rhyme or reason for me, concerning your earlier question. I just went crazy. My dad was pretty bad at it. I'd walk by and he would be flailing around, doing jumping-jacks almost. Quite funny...I had to coach him through the last battle.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I used well-placed bombs in order to strip away that armor of theirs, then just wildly razed my sword when I got a decent opening. Barely worked... though I'd like to see those videos when you get the chance.

Sensai, your dad may be a hardcore Zelda player, but my dad would own him in Wii bowling.

Sensai

Smash Master
That's very probable, as my father does nothing but save Zelda and blow up Bowser. :-/

Seriously...I'm pretty sure he could beat most speed runs for the original Zelda...he's played it THAT much.

Pr0fit

Smash Rookie
I thought the Gerudo Desert music was very catchy... I was hummin that at work. Something that I loved is when you visited the Temple of Time, the music (With the monkish sounding guys singing it) was almost exactly the same as it was in OoT. I enjoyed that blast from the past

Stryks

Smash Hero
My favorite boos was the dragonb, u had to be fast with the clawshots, and riding on his back and slashing him was intense...
Agree with typh, tough there were great songs, I wont remember them in 10 years, unlike in OoT, I still humm sarias songs, the song of time and others once in a while...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
ScaryMunky...

We weren't talking about Zelda...Zelda looks GREAT and awesome. I mean, the character we WERE talking about looks awesome, too. I was just shocked, is all.

Also, the music sounds fine to me. I LOVE Kakariko Village's song and the Hyrule Field theme. Those two are rather memorable. The composition quality in this game is, for the most part, better than OoT, dare I say. But of course there are those classic songs we all love, like the Gerudo Dessert theme. Oh, how sweet that song is.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's the only part of the game I've gotten stuck on, too, and when I figured it out, I slapped my forehead.

If you want a clue...

Warp to previous areas you've been to.
If you need an even more specific clue...
Warp to Death Mountain.

Now, here's a question.

I just got to the 3rd dungeon. Does the game keep up all of this awesome stuff in between dungeons? Does the story get even better as it goes? Or does it all kinda get slapped together as you get closer to the end?

Stryks

Smash Hero
*CoughDeathMountainCough*

Yeah I liked hyrule field's song, and gotta love the songs when u fight
puppet zelda and the final battle against ganondorf
, tough I dint like the song when u go to the twilight realm, kinda borin lol...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Destiny Smasher, I'm glad you got your Wii. Unless you got the GC version in which case I spit on you for not waiting.

How is it that everyone says Midna is hot? She was elegant, I suppose, but far from attractive.

My favorite music in this game was the Hyrule Field theme. It may not be as catchy as some from OoT, but if you sit down and compare the songs, Hyrule Field wins.

For the darknuts, I lure one out to the front and let him take a swing. (he misses, of course) I then strike while he's vulnerable. I have nothing when the armor falls of. It's then that I get in trouble.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't actually ge ta Wii yet, are you kidding?
Ha, like Nintendo has enough of those things out here yet? Fat chance.
I have my own copy of TP, but I need to borrow other people's Wiis to play it.

Also...
How hot someone is is of course a matter of opinion.
As far as Nintendo characters go, Midna's true form is a lot more...revealing...and "sexified" than what they usually do. It's a little surprising to me.

Arian_Kylos

Smash Cadet
I didn't actually ge ta Wii yet, are you kidding?
Ha, like Nintendo has enough of those things out here yet? Fat chance.
I have my own copy of TP, but I need to borrow other people's Wiis to play it.

Also...
How hot someone is is of course a matter of opinion.
As far as Nintendo characters go, Midna's true form is a lot more...revealing...and "sexified" than what they usually do. It's a little surprising to me.
he he...

And then there's...
the Great Fairy...
:love:

of course...
I still like Minda's true form, honestly I prefer her over the Great Fairy

my favorite boss would have been...
Stallord, with the spinner that was so freaking awesome, especially the second part.
:D

Majora Zach

Smash Cadet
Awesome game.
My favorite boss was Zant. I especially liked the part in front of Hyrule Castle when you fight him.

I also liked the Hyrule Field theme when riding on Epona.
I think it's brass and strings when you ride on Epona, and Woodwind and Strings when you're on foot.

Real great music.

Sensai

Smash Master
Mic 128 said:
Castle Town's Malo Mart. How can you not love that?
Quoted for truth.

As to your questions, DS, about plot and story line and stuff...the story is probably the best in the entire series of the Zelda franchise, although it's not delivered in the best of ways. It has one of the deepest characters that I can remember from the series, but at the same time is REALLY linear (if that even bothers you, not me so much). I'm not saying that there's not much to do, I'm just saying that you have to go to A first, then B, then C. No other way around it.

The pacing is good. There was only one time in the entire game that I got somewhat bored, and that was in the middle of the 4th dungeon. I just took Epona around and did side quests and such, then went ahead and beat the temple to what is, IMO, the best boss in the entire game.

Hope that answers your questions. If not, then ask me again or PM me or something.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You were helping them
take the injured Zora to the Shaman to heal him

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I didn't post any spoilers. Telling you to go to Death Mountain? Not a spoiler.

A spoiler would be posting about
Ganondorf dying on his feet, and then you and Zelda running away from him to look for Midna and then the game not mentioning Ganondorf again.
Seriously, what was up with that? And
never delivering the Ordon sword...
WHY!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, yea, but you mentioned the thawing out of ice.
That kinda makes it bluntly obvious, wouldn't ya think?

Ah, well, I don't care much, obviously, I already beat the game.

LOL. But you make a very good point with your last comment. I would hazard a guess that that matter becomes, oh, shall we say, trivial in comparison to the saving the world business. ;P

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
ScaryMunky...

We weren't talking about Zelda...Zelda looks GREAT and awesome. I mean, the character we WERE talking about looks awesome, too. I was just shocked, is all..
You mentioned Zelda and people's complaints about her, that's why I commented on her appearance.

Destiney Smasher said:
But for all those people whining because TP didn't revolutionize Zelda, I spit at you and say, "When did anyone ever say it would do that? HELLO? OoT was the first 3D game of its kind! We're already in 3D, people, how do you revolutionize more than that?"

Sensai

Smash Master
Cashed, good point. Given, it doesn't really matter much
(about the sword)
, but the other part does kinda leave a little to be desired.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Correct me if I'm wrong, ScaryMunky, but I wasn't commenting on Zelda but a different character. I double checked my posts, and I was not commenting on Zelda's appearance in any negative way at all. Perhaps you read something someone else wrote, or you misread something. Perhaps you didn't look at the picture?

I was commenting on Midna's true form, not Zelda at all.
And I don't think Zelda's appearance was brought up until you brought it up...So I'm a little confused as to where that came from...
Unless Midna, like, <i>is</i> Zelda or something, in which case, I wouldn't know.
But if that is true, that is very fricked up. At least it seems like it would be. Especially considering what I know of both characters so far so far.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Alright, gotta wait till Friday till I can play Zelda again.

Right now, I got to the part where
I saved the prince of Zora's, got the Zora armor
which is very sexy,
Went to the underground temple, took me a while to get into the temple with the water bombs(what? I didnt know) and Im up to the part where you have to use enough force to shoot down the stalagmites.

This game.
Is so.
Freaking.
Awesome.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong, ScaryMunky, but I wasn't commenting on Zelda but a different character. I double checked my posts, and I was not commenting on Zelda's appearance in any negative way at all. Perhaps you read something someone else wrote, or you misread something. Perhaps you didn't look at the picture?

I was commenting on Midna's true form, not Zelda at all.
And I don't think Zelda's appearance was brought up until you brought it up...So I'm a little confused as to where that came from...
lol, I know YOU weren't commenting on Zelda's appearance in a negative way, but you said people were mad about Nintendo not "revolutionizing" her, so I just said I think she's perfectly fine the way she is, just as you did.

As for the
Dark Nuts, I just keep using the back slash move. Eventually their armor falls off, and it works even better when it's off because they get stunned when you do it and stumble a bit, letting you get in some quick spin attacks and whatever else. Bit harder when there's 2 or 3 attacking at once, but it still works.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh. Well...OK. Nevermind, then. My mistake.

Oh, golly...the timeline debates...They will never end. I don't even CARE all that much anymore...
Nintendo obviously doesn't care all that much, either. But, eh. It's still cool when you get a theory that adds up and makes sense.

Top Bottom