• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
<_< How... convienent. I hate it when they add stuff like that and not mention it in the game.

Duke. :( Go frolic in Hyrule Field some more and get all the goodies. Speed runs aren't very fun.
Are you kidding me? I love speed runs, your forearm gets so tired from pressing 'a' so rapidly to get through all of the dialogue. Infact, in OoT I got a speed run of 8:32 minutes which is only 3.5 hours from the record AND I got the goron sword. Anyways, if I get going on a spead run for TP I could hold a WR even if it will only be for a few days. Although, I bet some japanese player has already has the WR down to 6 hours.

theory contradiction

Smash Rookie
^ More or less. I play quite a bit of games, frequent forums, check IGN daily. That probably qualifies me. And to clarify, 'geek' is not intended as an insult, it's just something some people are. Nothing wrong with it at all. just in case anybody got offended by some random internet guy suggesting he might be a geek :p

Oh, and I also qualify as 'stud'. ;)

But enough petty chit-chat! Let's get back on topic. I hear that this was the last Zelda game in this style. Has anybody else heard this rumor? I've also heard a rumor that the next Zelda has been in development for several months. These are just rumors, mind you. Don't spread them.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I still can't believe Zelda dies at the end.
Hahaha. Greatest post in this thread.
Well, wouldn't Link still have the shard of magic embedded in him? So he should be able to transform in later games, but it's highly unlikely.
The next Zelda game will most likely contain a differnt Link. He will look like this one, he'll have the same name, but it wont be the same person. Every Zelda game has a different Link, excluding the OoT and MM ones. Those two were the same person.
True that they could just make Link keep the same appearance and change only the Overworld like A Link to the Past
They could use the same Link, but I doubt they'd want to. And I'm not sure what happened
to the dark shard after the Mirror was broken.

Stryks

Smash Hero
We will probably have a new link, with even more detailed look, just like what happend from OoT to TP (not considering WW since its cell shaded)...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
What's this about the next console Zelda involving a different Link? Why do you say that? Granted, I'm not saying it will probably, definitely and with all certainty be TP Link in the next game, but I'm defintely expecting it. Why? Because until TP, the Zelda games had a specific pattern. Every odd game is a new Link. Generally the next even game is the continuation of his story (i.e. what he does AFTER he saves Hyrule from Ganon/Gannondorf). OoT and MM are the same Link. LttP and LA are the same Link. LoZ and AoL are the same Link. That's why in LA, you have a reference to Zelda. That's why in the booklet of AoL it mentions the events in LoZ. While I'm really not sure what to make of the Four Swords series or Minish Cap, because I haven't played them, I had assumed that the former was intended to be non-cannon (like Mario Party) and the latter to be the continuation of WW, though certain things have recently led me to question that. Regardless, Wind Waker was the first odd game not to be followed by a direct sequel. Therefore, I say it is entirely plausible that Nintendo will go back to the old formula, especially if you consider
the ending sequence, with Link riding off on Epona, presumably towards a new adventure
. I certainly could be wrong, but I'm not ruling it out.

Andy

Zink

Smash Champion
Well, I don't want to oppose, but in the timeline thread I expressed the opinion that the next 3D Zleda would be a prequel type game... there are a few places they could put it- as a prequel to OoT (there are hints to events before then) or to show the war where Gdorf was sealed before TP, or the fight with the magic enemies who used the Fused Shadows and were mentioned in TP.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I've played both Minish Cap and Four Sword Adventures, and yes, it's like another fun take at the series that focuses on the Vaati ordeals. It doesn't have much of an impact like the Links' who mainly deal with Ganondorf. Now if Vaati was in Wind Waker, that'd be a different story altogether...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Those all strike me as good, sound ideas. I didn't mean to discount anyone for holding them. I was just trying to make the point that its entirely plausible that the next game will feature the same Link. Also, I do agree that if we do see the same Link, we won't see him transform.

I guess we won't know anything for sure until Nintendo gives us some info. Honestly, I'd prefer later, rather than sooner, because I don't wanna have to wait another two + years. They can tell me about it when its done.

nocsha

Smash Cadet
i haven't gotten very far ive only just gotten the master sword but this is the best zelda game ever and i dont even own it

Krahman

Smash Rookie
Uh I dunno if you can ask for help but...In Ordon Village I think I'm doing something wrong. It takes forever for me to catch a fish to feed seras cat. In a video this guy caught it in a couple seconds. Does it usually take a long time? Sorry I DONT KNOW WHAT SPOILER TAGS ARE.

solomonarnould

Smash Rookie
Yes I playd Okami, I had Okami before Zelda, I just like black wolves better than white ones

although Okami is like one of the awesome'st games ever, they should come out with a better one with dif graphics and better battle engine, although its still awesome that you get to use the celestial brush and do almost what ever you want with it,
Zeldas wolf is still cooler because, well first of its zelda, and second its black, third Midna
no more needed, lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Uh I dunno if you can ask for help but...In Ordon Village I think I'm doing something wrong. It takes forever for me to catch a fish to feed seras cat. In a video this guy caught it in a couple seconds. Does it usually take a long time? Sorry I DONT KNOW WHAT SPOILER TAGS ARE.
If the bobber (the large cicular thing near the end of the fishing rod string) goes down, then that means a fish is on the line, and you have to pull the Wiimote up. When a fish bites the screen doesn't flash like in past LOZ titles, or Pokemon were it says a fish is biting.

You just simply have to wait for the string past the bobber to move, or watch the bobber move and pull the Wiimote up. After doing it once, it should take just a matter of seconds to do it the secon time on. Does that help you at all?

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
I beat it once, and now I'm going through it again. Only this time, I'm using some help. Mainly just infinite arrows/bombs/oil, walk/run fast, and stuff like that, and that's only 'cause I forgot how the story went, and I don't want to spend forever to get through it again.

The only thing I remember well is when:
Gannondorf gets chained to a rock and gets impaled.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Okay. Where to start about how I felt about this game?

... hmm... well I feel like I wasted my money seriously. I started the game up with high hopes but after the first hour I was already bored. This isn't my first Zelda game and I thought to myself well they usually start out a little slow so I thought it would get better. Unfortunately it never really picked up. The early dungeons weren't the funnest and the battle system was only decent, there wasn't really much too it. The story didn't really develop and I was overall uninterested in it and I didn't really feel too much of a reason too really do anything besides save the girl and yet I had to deal with a bunch of twilight stuff but I'll forget about that.
Personally I also felt that the graphics were pretty boring, nothing really appeared to have much style in it and I think they tried to make it too realistic. The realist stuff was not only with graphics that bugged me, it was annoying to have to hide to transform and teleport every time and it really made me enjoy the game just a little less. I didn't feel the map had much too it and the areas weren't very interesting either. Which brings me to the other thing I disliked about the game it was just plain out empty. Barely anything was ever going on out on the map or in any of the towns, there were barely any side quests too do or really anything to do outside of the dungeons. The new items you pick up along the way also didn't help the game, they were so situational that I didn't feel like Link was progressing at all. I felt like I was playing the beginning of the game over and over again because nothing really changed. It was felt so repetitive and slow and there was never really anything to do in it. I just felt it was boring and empty. I felt it was the worst 3d zelda game I have ever played.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Where to start about how I felt about this game?

... hmm... well I feel like I wasted my money seriously...(removed most of it to save space)
Wow, you really dislike this game, don't you? I do respect how you weren't vulgar about it, and you did make some interesting points.
I still like this game, and hope to play it often.

I still like O.O.T. better...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Whoa, Numa Dude, I've never seen you before.

It's always weird for me when I seen people who have been here for a while for the first time. I can't believe you have 1,300 posts and I've never seen you post before.

Whatever. This game was fun, and I thought it used the Wiimote and nunchuck inovativley, but I still feel like I have better memories with OoT AND Windwaker.

Btw, I thought Windwaker was BRILLIANT. So many sidequests and stuff, I think I might actually like that game as much as OoT. I loved Windfall town or Windfall village or whatever.

And all those figurines and pictures were sweet.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one that seriously expected Link and Llia to get it on in the scene she gets her memories back?
I thought her name was Ilia? (I-L-I-A)...:confused:
She did seem quite fond of Link, but then again, so do all the girls he meets (even a fish girl) :laugh:.

Top Bottom