• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yep. I beat the Death Mountain dungeon even when my shield was on fire and was destroyed. Currently, I am in the Arbiter's ground dungeon and I am hunting the poes in the dungeon. And I managed to reach the wolf, I found out that the wolf was hiding on the side that the goron was on. And I got the wolf at the gerudo desert too. So that just means that I need to find two more wolves.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I like leaving my sheild off if it burns away from some reason. It's pretty funny; I end up doing that in as many Zelda games as I can and see if there's a big difference. You know that part in OoT when Bongo Bongo emerged from the well? While protecting Sheik from the shadow, Link put his sheild up (his spin attack charge-up stance), and that's when Link got owned. But watching his defend with his hand look funny, and the part that blacks out and you hear Link in pain made more sense, but in a stupid way. :)

Sensai

Smash Master
It's also one of the very few useful moves that you learn, IMO. The last move, and the one before it too, were incredible let downs. There just aren't many that you use very often, and then at least one that you only use half of.

[Edit:]

And Volrec, I very seldomly get on AIM, haha.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah so...my sister was on the second temple, i was getting to the temple of time. I played on her file to help her, then went to save, and accidently saved over my own file >.< Oh well. I'll play through the game fast this time.

Sensai

Smash Master
That sucks. Ouch. God bless that blows so much...

My sister accidentally erased her game after about 10 hours put into the game. She got back to the same spot in 5.

And my dad's playing through again. He started yes'aday.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I feel like restarting the whole thing. You know why?
I used a bit of a guide when I got confused. A gamefaqs guide though
And I vowed not to use any kind of cheat or guide for this game.
I've stooped down low.
Forgive me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I never ever used a guide for TP, I foun many of the puzzles challenging, but not tough enough to get a guide... the game gods are mad at u volrec, I will sacrifice 5 cats so they can take it easy on u XD...

Sensai

Smash Master
Whew. Cats.

There are many many MANY times that I felt compelled to use a guide (my parents got me a nice golden-paged hardback one for Xmas), but I never did. I would read parts that I had already passed in the game, but never go back and do anything.

If you use a guide, you're only making yourself have less fun with the game. Seriously.

smashman90

Smash Lord
True, but if you remember how to do the puzzles the next time you would start a new game then you are pretty much using your brain as a strategy guide. Besides, strategy guides can be useful because you might find items that you may have never have known or alternate methods to beating enemies. And I have been known to use guides for various games(mainly for things like secret items, difficult puzzles) but I can still enjoy those game regardless if I use guides or not.
, I am in the Temple of time and I just got the dominion rod (hurray me, woohoo, yada yada):laugh:

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
It really annoys me when people hate on people that need to refer to guides in a game and say stuff like "you're not letting yourself have as much fun" or "it's basically someone else playing the game for you". Ever think that the person is using a guide because they're stuck? Stuck so much that it's just not fun anymore and it has gotten so boring looking for a way to advance that the person doesn't want to play anymore? That's how it feels sometimes and that's why we check guides; so we can progress and actually have fun with the game instead of giving up on it due to sheer boredom. I didn't use a guide as much as I usually do with a Zelda game, but when I did it was because I was totally stuck with absolutely no idea what to do next.

I finished this game a couple days ago. Having not played OoT (I know! I fail), this is the best Zelda game I've played closely followed by LttP. I still need to do alot of the sidequests, which I'll probably get to soon enough after I finish my summer holiday hw.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Sometimes I use a guide when i get incredibly stuck, and it's not because i'm really stuck, just i'm doing something ********.
Like when you're going to death mountain, and that goron is in the way, i kept getting knocked off until i died because i didn't realize you had to leave. IUwas so sure there was some way to do it that I didn't consider the possibility that there really WASN'T a way to do it.

Sensai

Smash Master
I can understand what you're saying. To be frustrated does suck (sometimes, I'll get there later), and I can understand people wishing to use a strategy guide. However, that's different then using a strategy guide. Using a guide makes it sound like you use it throughout, without thinking or even attempting. To use a guide when stuck, I can understand.

But I, actually, enjoy being a little frustrated at the game. For example (spoilers!)
in the Water Temple when you have to shoot the hookshot to change the flow of water. That didn't occur to me at all to do, and I finally got kinda short-tempered and just started shooting things around me with my new-found weapon. Same with that Goron at the beginning of the Goron mines. I had no idea I was supposed to turn back. I was going to gather more hearts so that I could waste them, too.
(/spoilers)

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
I beat Tp on Thursday. I also have the magic armor. I need 9 more poe souls! And I have 18 hearts. I CAUGHT THE HYLIAN LOACH!!!!!! 4 OF THEM!!!! YEAH BABY!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That's a spoiler? He named a fish.

I wish there was a way to now which souls and heart pieces I've obtained. It would make using a guide a whole lot easier.

Sensai

Smash Master
Juke, I saw some guy who beat it in like 2 hours...he was using some crazy hacks, etc.

A speed run of this? Hell no. I think it'd be upwards of 15 hours or so....that ****'s crazy.

Stryks

Smash Hero
nah dont want to do speed run myself, IM gonna clear the game for a 2nd time, and, if im incredibl bored, a 3rd time in the future... but doubt it since soon MP3 and galaxy will be relased, im kinda sure brawl will be released til fall so that why I didnt mention it...

Juke

Smash Journeyman
Speed running the game takes about 6 hours using the current tricks and routes. The cut scenes(which can be skipped) themselves add so much time, so you'd be surprised how long it actually takes to run through the game. I did a 3 heart run myself in 13 hours. That was just for the challenge though and not time.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ugh...I can't even imagine. I don't think I have the patience (or the time) to do that. Nor the sheer will power.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So I got around to beating the game last night. The final stage of the final boss fight took me a good 20 minutes. 35 hours into the game and I still didn't get a total hang of the controls. I enjoyed the game though. The ending was depressing, too.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
But at the same time it isn't, don't you think? Because now you know
that the Twilight realm will live happily ever after since their princess returned to them and their evil imposter king has been vanquished. Well, at least until the next time the creators decide to include the Twili (is that what you'd call the residents of the Twilight realm as a collective?) in the storyline of one of their games. >_>

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt the twili will return, cause im pretty sure the twilight realm was a one time thing... I have reasons to believe that there will be a zelda between OoT and TP, Ill post the reasons l8r, its a little far fetch'd...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
So...

I've been looking at art of Midna's true form, and might I say, I am shocked. I wasn't even expecting her to have a "true form," let alone being as attractive as she is. And quite a scandalus outfit, might I add. I can't wait to see her in the actual game...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, see...

I didn't <i>know</i> that the character in the art was Midna. I had no clue. I was actually browsing Deviantart and found some pics drawn of her...That's how I stumbled upon it. I had it spoiled for myself, but, eh...Oh, well. She looks freakin' awesome.

Sensai

Smash Master
Um, Cashed, did you get the GC version, or did you end up with the Wii version? Last I checked, you were opting for the GC, right?

Or was that McFox? I forget, sorry mate.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
On the note of the my previoius post,

How accurate is this to what is in the game?
Spoiler pic

I have to admit, for some reason, I did NOT see that one coming. After the one story sequence between dungeon 2-3, I know am FAIRLY certain that Midna is of the race the light spirit spoke of--I'm also guessing that when those people were banned, they were banned to the Twilight Realm. And just as people get their forms changed, Midna's form changed. Maybe the Twilight Monsters are mutated beings that were of that people, I don't know...But the story is looking to have great potential. I'm just worried it'll slack off near the end...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it is very accurate, then I am rather impressed. That is some cool character design.
Albeit, I am a bit surprised at Nintendo's approach to sex appeal lately...First Peach and Daisy in Mario Strikers, then Zero Suit Samus is Brawl, now this? Not that I can complain one bit. I'm just surprised by it. So not only is Midna about oneof the coolest characters Nintendo has ever created, she's also got sex appeal. Did not see that one coming.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Beat this game last night. Best 30 some hours I've ever spent. And to whoever said the ending was depressing, I totally agree. :'( I was like NOOOOO!!
Oh and yes, Midna is hot. :) Now for the Cave of Ordeals and other side quests!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like how inellitext chose to highlight the word "Suit."

So I have a question: does the storyline and pacing get worse as the game goes on?
There's all this awesome stuff going on inbetween dungeons, but does that decrease as you get further into the game and then it feels more like the ol' one-to-the-next dungeon feeling?

I hope not. And I certainly hope the awesome potential for the story doesn't decline.
When I saw the scene that has the dark Links and all the weird symbolism and creepiness, I was totally weirded out, in a good way. I hope that sort of stuff continues.

And I've heard all types of things about the ending...

But for all those people whining because TP didn't revolutionize Zelda, I spit at you and say, "When did anyone ever say it would do that? HELLO? OoT was the first 3D game of its kind! We're already in 3D, people, how do you revolutionize more than that?"

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I think Zelda looks perfect the way she is. As for the pace of the game, I think the developers did a nice job of keeping it up, but you'll have to play through and judge that for yourself.

Oh.. and..
F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIED IN THE LAST ROOM OF THE CAVE OF ORDEALS!!!!!!! *sigh* .. I knew I would; I had used my one fairy and bottle of fairy tears, and I was down to two hearts going against three Dark Nuts. Heh.. I jumped down to the right unaware of the third. He made himself known by slamming me into the ground from behind, and then swinging the final blow as I slowly got up and turned to face him. >.< CURSE YOU DARK NUT! I'LL BE BACK!!!!

Top Bottom