• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So how long until the next Zelda game comes out, anyways? Anytime I beat one I'm left staring at the screen wondering what the HELL to do with my life.
Get a job, you bum. :p

Just kidding, but it's rumored that the next Zelda game on the Wii has already been in production for a year or so. With Phantom Hourglass coming out for the DS and assuming that the next Zelda Wii doesn't take as long to make as TP did, things are looking up for Nintendo. :)

Sensai

Smash Master
Good job Smashbros...I'mma go do that when my dad gets off of Zelda.

Rockettrainer said:
Just kidding, but it's rumored that the next Zelda game on the Wii has already been in production for a year or so. With Phantom Hourglass coming out for the DS and assuming that the next Zelda Wii doesn't take as long to make as TP did, things are looking up for Nintendo.
But the thing is, do we really want it to be made quickly? Look at the only (so far as I know) Zelda game that have been produced quickly (by Zelda standards, of course): Majora's Mask The game was so bad that it is the only console Zelda I didn't beat, 'cause it was terrible.

And even if it is a year in production already, which might actually have some truth behind it, it is DEFINITELY not coming out on '07. Why? Because '07 is already filled with good games from Nintendo, meaning they don't need to release more. With Wario for Q1, Metroid for Q2 (probably), Brawl for Q3 (probably), and Mario for Q4, there's no need to release an outstanding game this year.

All those dates, save WarioWare, are maybes. Metroid was said that it would be in the 'next big batch of games', meaning probably after WarioWare, maybe as late as Q3. Either Brawl or Mario has to be a system seller in Christmas, obviously, so I used a educated guess and figured that Mario's more of a flagship to Nintendo, so that'll be the one they save til Xmas.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
But the thing is, do we really want it to be made quickly? Look at the only (so far as I know) Zelda game that have been produced quickly (by Zelda standards, of course): Majora's Mask The game was so bad that it is the only console Zelda I didn't beat, 'cause it was terrible.
Are you kidding me? It's arguably the best Zelda game, ever.

What wasn't there to like about the mask system, the story, the characters, the constant pressure hanging over you, the freakishly large amounts of side-quests, the moon, and most amazingly the Skull Kid?

I find it ironic that the Zelda that was probably made the sloppiest is my favorite.

Sensai

Smash Master
Dammit! I thought I had cleaned up my Wii typing. I'm so ashamed...

Jeah, but seriously: the Wii predictive text blows.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's convenient... but it sucks.

I still use it anyway... even though I've only used the browser twice since I've got it.

Anyway... back on topic.

Zelda... good stuff. >>

Sensai

Smash Master
I've ended up using it a LOT more then I thought I was going to...

Back to topic!

Spoiler:

This is only for people who have beat the game, so if you haven't and you don't wanna ruin things, then stop reading now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the game when Ganon has been stabbed and is laughing at Link and Zelda that 'this is not the end' and that the history of the worlds will be 'written in blood', there's a split second screen where Zant twitches his head to the side, ultimately killing Ganon....

What the hell is that?

-------------------------------------------------------------

/spoiler

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Honesty, I have no freakin' idea. It appears that Zant finished Ganon off, or that Zant taunted him in his death. How is that possible? Midna tore him to pieces. The only explaination that makes sense is that Zant never actually died, but I dont like that theory at all.

Sensai

Smash Master
This whole post is a spoiler for peoples who have finished the game.

My dad's close to finishing the game, so when he does I'mma be watching that shi-aite again. Commonyoshi, that was also what I was thinking, but even if that is the case...why? It doesn't make any sense.

And it also doesn't help anyone figure out the Zelda timeline. Speaking of which, is there a topic for that? If not, I would love to make one and see what everyone thinks about that...

When I say close, I mean he's in the Sky Temple...roflrofl PWNT!!!11!!1~

Skler

Smash Master
Funny isn't it? The thing wouldn't even try to attack.

About people saying
Zant kills Ganondorf by the random neck breaking scene, I'm pretty sure Zant said that as long as G-dorf is alive he can't die. Zant isn't killing G-dorf, G-dorf dieing is making Zant die.

Sensai

Smash Master
Spoilers! Yippy!

That vid was alright...I didn't even notice it, nor did anyone else in my family. I had a *****ING time with that mini-boss, as it was so closed in, y'know?

So, Skler, you're saying that maybe it's just showing Zant dying first? That makes sense, I suppose...

Then the question becomes as follows: Where did Zant go after Midna Al Capownt him?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm watching my friend play Majora's Mask right now... while I'm on my laptop.

It's so weird that it's such an old game now.

As for the
Zant and Ganon
thing... I bet it was what Skler said-- but then again, why would it show
Zant before Gannondorf?

And does anyone else hate it how he dies standing up? Yeah... that angered me.

Sensai

Smash Master
Spoiler:

You know how he goes through phases? My sister was watching me, and everytime I beat a phase she would say 'Oh he's pissed!' When it got to him standing up at the end there, she was like 'OH MY GOD, YOU'RE SO DEAD,' only to realize he was dead.

And no, it didn't bother me at all.

/spoiler

Jeah, I think I may be re-purchasing Majora and Ocarina on the VC when they come out. I'd go and play them right now, but the 64 controller freakin' bugs me the hell out, and I was too dumb to get that version of Wind Waker.

/sigh

Skler

Smash Master
Well...
it might have shown Zant before Ganondorf because Ganon lost his triforce of power before dieing, and that was probably what was keeping Zant alive. Zant was prolly wherever Ganon brought him back to life when he died.

I liked the miniboss the first time I fought it to, seeing as on my game it would actually throw the **** ball and chain at me. On my friend's game the boss had some messed up glitch that just made it walk towards you spinning the ball without throwing it. As you can see, it eventually did throw it so any ideas as to what would cause such a glitch (poor AI for the boss perhaps)?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The biggest thing was the neck twitch. WHY DID IT DO THAT?

If he had died simply because Ganondorf died, Zant would have slumped over or something. Not a neck twitch. Grrr...

Sensai

Smash Master
Blaksheap, that's funny. It's not really a spoiler, either, so if you're here and you for some reason are NOT playing Zelda...you can feel free to watch it and still probably be clueless.

Spoiler:

I have no idea, commonyoshi, haha. So I'm not the only person to have noticed that, then, that's good. Maybe I'm not going crazy.

/spoiler

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Hey, do you get another weapon or tool in
Hyrule Castle? I was a bit dissapointed you don't get one in the Palace of Twilight, but it was pretty small (yeah, some realm). Although with the inventory you already have, that is asking a bit much. Oh, who knows what Jovani gives you for sixty Poes? I read it somewhere, but all I can remember is that it didn't seem like it was worth it for tracking down sixty of the things.

Zink

Smash Champion
blak: I'm pretty sure
Jiovani gives you what amounts to infinite rupees.
Where is the last Howl Stone? I want the Great Spin Attack but I can't find the stone anywhere! I'm pretty sure I got all the others in the right order.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Zink:
It's in the Hidden Village, where you have to take out all the Bokoblins or whatever they are, behind one of the buildings that's on your right when you first come in.

What good would infinite rupees do, because unless you have a guide, the likelihood of anyone finding sixty Poes before beating the game is highly, highly unlikely.

I know this likely sounds strange to some, but I was actually disspointed
any musical insturment-like uses were relegated to howling. Good idea, but it severely limits its uses.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
spoilers...

I agree... Without the instrument, where is my Sun's Song? How bout other classics? And of course messing around. The instrument is kind of vital to Zelda for me, and I missed it. I didn't miss Magic so much, but it would have been nice to have Light, Ice, and Fire Arrows, among other things.

Sensai

Smash Master
Spoilers:

The thing about the lack of instrument is that Nintendo doesn't just want to re-release the same game again. That's why people will be dissapointed with Brawl, also: they want the same game with added features. It's a new game and will thus be played like one.

/spoiler

FireBomb

Smash Lord
^That wasn't really a spoiler, but ok. Sensai can do whatever he wants.

Do they really want to not release the same game again? OoT and Majora's Mask both played almost exactly similar except for the enviorments and the addition of masks in MM, and it was still pretty awesome for a game made in 1 year. Same items, magic arrows, Epona, annoying fairy guide, bite-size Link, ocarina..y.ou know. It was the game that people want Brawl to be like: have everything the previous had and add more to the game. But I can see what you mean, TP is a totally different take after all.

Sensai

Smash Master
FireBomb said:
OoT and Majora's Mask both played almost exactly similar except for the enviorments and the addition of masks in MM, and it was still pretty awesome for a game made in 1 year.
The spoiler was that there's no instrument in TP to be played....jeah, I know, it's common knowledge, but for whateve reason, I /spoilered it. And I thank you for allowing me the omnipotent ability to do whatever I please. Mwahaha!

But seriously. Comparing MM to OoT is like comparing apples to oranges (I freakin' hate this analogy, but here it works rather well). Sure, they're both Zelda games and they're both fruits, but they're in no other way similar. If you generalize things, then they fall into the same category, but if you look even a little closer, they're polar opposites.

I'm sure everyone here knows what I mean, so I'm not going to delve into it anymore. <3

Sadly, however, everyone has to choose their favorite: apples or oranges. My vote goes for apples.

Oh...and OoT, also.

Sensai

Smash Master
Temple 3, being the water temple, is not hard at all, actually, once you realize what you're supposed to do. The boss is incredibly easy, although it looks cool as hell.

Temple 4 was fun for me, and the boss was truly epic.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Temple 3, being the water temple, is not hard at all, actually, once you realize what you're supposed to do. The boss is incredibly easy, although it looks cool as hell.

Temple 4 was fun for me, and the boss was truly epic.
True,
Morpheel
was probably the funnest boss in the game that I faced so far, unless you count
Skull Kid
a boss, because that was fun too. I didn't think the water temple boss was that hard, just took a while, although I finish w/ half a heart left:ohwell:. The Desert Temple boss was also fun, especially when you
use the spinner and go really fast around the tower.

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
The Desert Boss was kinda frustrating for me because I kept on being knocked off by the spikey spinney things and then having to climb high again.

Top Bottom