• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yes. In order for my theory to work, they HAVE to be the same person.

In fact, the scene where the sages are about to execute Ganondorf - I believe this is happening at the same time that Link is in Termina.

Samochan

Smash Master
Wikipedia states that TP happens 100 years after the events of OoT and I believe it for various reasons. First of all, in the beginning of the game it was stated that Link has never been on Hyrule before, which would be very untrue if the Link on TP was in fact the same Link of OoT. Link had never met Zelda either. Everyone also blabber about Timeless hero and Link was very suprised to find out he was the one, when if it were OoT Link, he already had been one. Also, the entrance to Temple of time was black and white, meaning the old Temple of time and I really, really doubt a Temple would become as it was on TP in 7 years, plus it was in same condition in OoT when he left the temple 7 years after he took the master sword. A forest does not grow in such a fast rate around a broken down temple. Wasn't Faron Woods an old forest anyway? And old woods are approximately 100 years old are they not? ;D TP Link could very well be the next Link after the OoT Link, but I think that the Ganondorf is the same Ganondorf. Nothing states that though, but being stuck on Sacred realm could prevent aging and they always talk about that one great evil and then go about multiple timeless heroes and whatever.

Samochan

Smash Master
Okay, stupid edit button doesn't work, so sorry for double posting this:

Also, the sages didn't know Ganondorf has the power of the gods within him, but clearly the OoT sages did know about this. Them being the new sages after the OoT sages would make sense from them not knowing Ganondorf still possessed the Triforce of Power and their foolish decision to try and finish him themselves.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I never said that TP Link was the same was OoT Link. In fact, I said outright that he was descended from him.

You also seem to be confusing the OoT Sages.

What I said in my theory is that, in the beginning of the game, 7 sages already existed. These sages are not the same sages that Adult Link had to find in his story, save for Rauru and perhaps even Zelda. I mentioned in my theory that these original sages were killed by Ganondorf in the 7 years of his rule, which is why their temples became cursed. However, in Child Link's timeline, Ganondorf does not have the Triforce of Power, and the sages were never killed, and therefore the sages of this timeline do not know that Ganondorf will eventually receive it.

The forest around the Temple of Time is the Lost Woods, and the Lost Woods have been known to switch locations very abruptly - some theorists people it has something to do with the magnetic poles.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Is this a game breaking glitch?

I'm in the desert temple. I've already gotten all 4 poes, and I'm on the basement 2 floor. THe room is the one where there's a gate you have to pull at the end, and then you have to get around to it before it shuts. There's alot of quicksand, and spike barriers.

So what keeps happening is I keep getting out of the sand at some point, but I keep walking like I'm in it. It's like i've got permanent iron boots on. Which makes it impossible to get around to the gate before it shuts again. Theonly way to get rid of the effect is to die in the sand, and then I can't seem to avoid it. I died like 6 times before I gave up. Anyone else had this problem?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I got TP on Christmas Eve, and I am sort of far in it, but I am stuck on one particular place.
I am where you have ride Epona, and protect Ilia and the other lady from the monsters on the boars. I only have 5 hearts, and it appears that their horse goes around in a circle, and does not follow the path, and I keep dying because of this. Is there anything that I can do to get them on the path again, so I can get to the city?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
ChRed2AKrisp - You've got some invisable mice-things stuck to you. Turn into a wolf and use your senses, you should see them. Simply so a spin attack to shake them off.

MetalLuigi1209 - Not sure what's wrong with the horse... I only went thru it once. Make sure you take care of every enemy around, and that the caravan isn't on fire or anything. From the start, I just let it go in front of me slightly so I could guard both the rear and front. Hmm...don't stray from it, either, I think that gave me problems, too.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
It's impossible to recover lost data.
I know, I was being facetious, at least with that kind of data.
That's what you get for being a good brother.
Yeah, tell me about it. :(

Well, when I beat the game, which should have been today, I was planning to join in on this fun but futile discussion due to the ambiguity of Zelda timelines and narratives, but now that I lost my 80+ hour save, I won't be doing that anytime soon, due to the spoilers. But I did think it was odd
that not only did the Lost Woods move, but the Gerudo Desert and Death Mountain practically switced places as far as geography.

MetalLuigi, there's apparently a bird that drops a bomb or something next to the wagon, making the horses turn. Hit the bird with an arrow or bomb arrow to prevent that.

EDIT: Well, I'll get in on the discussion anyway.
I think this has somewhat been covered, but when Ganon's sent to the Twilight Realm, he has the ToP, so the timelines don't seem to affect that. Also, if TP follows CT, then wouldn't that mean a different Ganon is released in WW...? I think... it really goes fuzzy there. Ganon really seems to be the hard one to explain, but there only ever being one Ganon really seems to be the only depiction in the games.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Just remember that the GCN version is the real version of the game. Don't go by Wii's geography because that's mirrored.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Good point, but Death Mountain and Kakariko Village are still in different positions relative to each other from OoT. I never heard if the entire game was mirrored or just Link.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
the entire game is mirrored. if not, they'd have to change a ton of animations with link9like reaching across for opening doors rather than reaching forwards and whatnot. They would have been sure to miss some, so they said heck with it and mirrored the whole thing.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Instead of nintendo switching links hand for the sword Nintendo just flipped the whole game! My guide is weird with the whole map switched in the gamecube section.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Dude, OMFG the spinner is so kick@$$. I love that boss battle! I don't care how easy it was, in fact it was easier than most of the dungeon but I still lved that thing.
especially the second part where you keep jumping walls to dodge fireballs from teh floating head, I'll definitely look forward to that when I replay the game.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
No problem, MetalLuigi.

Speaking of boss battles,
my favorite would have to be the one against Zant. It mixed a lot of the elements of the previous bosses to make one big varying battle. I really thought Zant was more...sane, but fighting him, especially that very last part in the field, made me realize how much of a freak he was.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Theories are fun and all, but what's the point? As soon as Nintendo releases the next Zelda game it will completely **** all of the current theories into oblivion, and people will have to come up with new theories until those get owned by Nintendo when the next Zelda game comes out and they ret-con themselves yet again.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I find it really unnesessary to flip the whole world around instead of just his sword hand...
It's not just his sword hand though... Every single animation in the game would have had to be changed, and some artwork too. Whenever he reaches out to open a door, they'd have to make it roll the other way... Same thing with stabbing the final blow on bosses, and everything else. It was better that they switched the game than risk missing something.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
When Twilight Princess came out, our theories BEFORE it came out haven't been "*****", it helped fill in some of the gaps. See, the magic with theories is that you aren't really right, but aren't really wrong at the same time. Even if Link dies at the end of a future Zelda game, we'll still be able to put pieces together along with the rest of the games. It's another thing that makes Zelda great, and tell stories that fit together, a rare quality in games. Half the fun of the timeline is guessing what happens here and there, the little gaps and such, and the excitement of thinking how you could possibly be right. Sweet, sweet power of theories.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
True not all theories were pwned. But many times while questions are answered even more are raised.

Look point is that zelda is big business for nintendo. They will continue to make them as long as people want them. Don't take it too seriously, because the theories WILL change as each new zelda game comes out.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Finally beat the game. I must say that it was worth the 40 hours. I'll probably go back and look for all the Poes someday, but I'm going to take a break from Zelda for now. I only hope the supposed second Zelda game will be even better than this one.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I took a long break from zelda since i got a new game i still haven't played it. All i have to do to fully finish it is get the 6 last poes and beat that annoying game in the fishing hole.

Rockettrainer, the totaka song is cool, well i heard of it long time ago. I might look for it in wiisports because his name is in the booklet.

Zink

Smash Champion
I have a few questions...
I have all the mirror pieces, although I haven't put them together yet. Is now a good time to go back and finish everything, or will there be time later?
Does anyone use the sixth hidden skill, the super jump attack? It looks pretty good.
What's up with the two Gorons near Castle Town that want hot spring water? How do I give it to them? I tried showing them the bottle but Link just poured it out. Talking to them doesn't work either.
How do you get back the Eldin Bridge? A long time ago some twilit messengers stole it, and I was hoping there was a way to get it back!

I'm a bit mad about the rarity of using items outside dungeons. Hyrule is so big, yet it seems that much of it is empty!

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Dude,
OMFG the spinner is so kick@$$. I
love that boss battle! I don't care how easy it was, in fact it was easier than most of the dungeon but I still lved that thing.
especially the second part where you keep jumping walls to dodge fireballs from teh floating head, I'll definitely look forward to that when I replay the game.
Ditto. :)

I don't understand though why so many people are complaining about the bosses being easy; yes if they're not challenging enough it's boring, but as long as they're fun, what's the big deal? Unless they just don't think they're fun.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I have a few questions...
I have all the mirror pieces, although I haven't put them together yet. Is now a good time to go back and finish everything, or will there be time later?
Does anyone use the sixth hidden skill, the super jump attack? It looks pretty good.
What's up with the two Gorons near Castle Town that want hot spring water? How do I give it to them? I tried showing them the bottle but Link just poured it out. Talking to them doesn't work either.
How do you get back the Eldin Bridge? A long time ago some twilit messengers stole it, and I was hoping there was a way to get it back!

I'm a bit mad about the rarity of using items outside dungeons. Hyrule is so big, yet it seems that much of it is empty!
-You'll return to Hyrule after you put the mirrors together and enter the Twilight World. You can finish everything once you get back.
-Yes, I love that skill. <3
-Hot spring water gets cold if you wait too long to use it, and if it's still hot, Link should have drinked it and recover all his hearts. If he poured it, then it's just normal water. Not sure about your problem, just thought I'd tell you what's wrong.
-The Eldin Bridge is in the southeast corner of the Gerudo Desert. You should see it sticking out of a big mesa, and when you climb it you should find a new dark portal.
-I know, but there's nothing you can do about the items usage. The only ones that Nintendo made use of the entire game was the bow, clawshot(s), and bombs, i suppose. It's too bad, I like the Dominion Rod and Spinner, too...

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Zink
There's plenty of time for sidequests after your next "journey".

Hot spring water? Did you do the quest from that old Goron in Kakariko to deliver the barrel to the Goron on the West Bridge to Castle Town? You need to donate 1000 ruppees for the bridge to be built so you can deliver the barrel tot he Goron on the bridge and refresh him. The rest is pretty simple. Then the guy will start selling bottled springwater.

Jump Strike is fun to use but I prefer Mortal Draw and the Great Spin. Man that helps afterwards and in the Cave of Ordeals.

Who had fun with the City in the Sky Boss? Climbing up those panels was tense because I'd be only able to see Argorok charging his flame attack if I took the time to look at him while trying to clawshot to the top.

EDIT: FireBomb you beat me to it.

Zink

Smash Champion
Who had fun with the City in the Sky Boss? Climbing up those panels was tense because I'd be only able to see Argorok charging his flame attack if I took the time to look at him while trying to clawshot to the top.
*zip* *zip* *zip* *fwooosh AAAAHHH*
Those silly Peahats. Whose side are they on?
PS thanks for the answers :)

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow...just finished the game. Such a good one, too.

Spoiler
If Ganon doesn't have a big fookin' sword in the next Smash, I'mma kick someone's ***.

Finished with 17 hearts, all bomb bags, all arrow quivers. Didn't find all the bugs or poes, however. I'mma have to go back and play some more later, right after my dad gets outta the Ice Temple thing.

So what were you guys's favorite temple/boss? I REALLY loved the Sand Temple's boss....

/spoiler

[Edit:]

Those simple black backgrounds don't really shout out 'spoiler' enough to me, and I'd hate to reveal anything to anyone who hasn't beaten the game...

Then again, why would you be in here if you haven't beaten the game?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Ah the dreaded LakeBed Temple... Does anyone else think that the most annoying and well-thought out temples in Zelda are always the water ones? It's like a tradition now. Water's my enemy...those are always the most complicated.

Sensai

Smash Master
Spoiler
FireBomb said:
Does anyone else think that the most annoying and well-thought out temples in Zelda are always the water ones? It's like a tradition now. Water's my enemy...those are always the most complicated.
Actually, the water one this time wasn't terrible. I was waiting for it to pull a quick one on me and just make me wanna kill myself, but that never happened.

The Sky Temple, though...that's a different story.

/spoiler

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
I didn't find
Lakebed Temple
anywhere near as pain inducing as the Water Temple *shudders*. Is it me or do all the temples have a really nice theme to them. Except
Twilight Palace
, which was pretty bland to me.

Zink

Smash Champion
I thought OoT's Water Temple was probably the hardest temple I've played in a Zelda game. It took me hours WITH a guide right in front of me. What a nightmare. The
Sky Temple
is probably the best contender for toughest temple, though. There were a lot of tough
Clawshot
sequences. Although perhaps
throwing around the super-intelligent race, the Ooccoo, made up for it lol.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
LMAO.

No offense, but you thought the levels were hard? >_< I never got stuck once.

I'm talking about every single Zelda game.

Hmm... Wait, I actually did get stuck in one part of OoT's Water Temple. It was in the room that was in the central pillar. Stupid key.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The Water Temple also had my most memorable sub-boss, Dark Link.
I was disappointed to find that there were'nt any such enemies in TP...

Sensai

Smash Master
Spoiler

When I first saw previews for TP and I first saw the whole new skills and such, it reminded me so much of in the Water Temple when you fight Dark Link. I was so syched. Then it turned out to be somebody who has almost no story at all....

What's with that guy, anyways? Any idea?

And the Sky Temple just about made me quit. I know a few of my friends who DID put down the game because of it.

DarkLink, I loved Twilight Palace. It seemed so pretty and surreal to me...

/spoiler

So how long until the next Zelda game comes out, anyways? Anytime I beat one I'm left staring at the screen wondering what the HELL to do with my life.

Top Bottom