• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Stryks

Smash Hero
The
lakebed temple
was hard, but still say OoT water temple is the hardest one to date, also finally passed cave of ordeals!! XD...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Can someone give me directions to the cave of ordeals?
Have you warped away that big hunk of bridge in Gerudo Desert? After moving that out of the way, the cave is underneath.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
The
lakebed temple
was hard, but still say OoT water temple is the hardest one to date, also finally passed cave of ordeals!! XD...

I agree the water temple in ocarina of time was a pain in the ***. And yes the dungeons in TP were easy, i found myself beating them in just 40-70mins. The hardest dungeon in TP was
the lakebed one
aswell for me.

Im so close in 100% beating the game. :)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
One question, I'm planning to get the game for Gamecube, but before I do, there is one thing I want to ask.
Are there any dungeons missing from the Gamecube version that are in the Wii version?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
They are both exactly the same, nitro.

I found the
lakebed temple
to be very easy. >_>

Yeah the temples are pretty easy in this game, but the bosses are hella fun. My favorite so far has to be the
bone-dinosaur-guy where you use the spinner and you have to reach the middle of the sand and hit him ^_^

Though its been confirmed that their will be a new dungeons downloaded from the wii's wi fi connection for Zelda, Awesome eh?!
Is this true?

Tetaway

Smash Apprentice
I never heard of the extra dungeon thing. That's be amazing, though.

The game itself was very fun. It doesn't compete with Ocarina of Time, but it is definetly the second best Zelda game every made.

Zink

Smash Champion
I think, in terms of gameplay as well as in terms of 3-D Zeldas, TP beats OoT, but it simply doesn't have that shock value OoT had, where everything was new, and so doesn't supplant it as Best Game of All Time.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
the game gets annoying sometimes with the wii mote not responding to the sensor bar. Makes you want to beat the hell out of the wii console.
Never had this problem. Make sure there's nothing between you and the sensor bar, and that you have a fresh pair of batteries in the controller (although everything but the sound worked perfectly until my batteries completely died).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
the game gets annoying sometimes with the wii mote not responding to the sensor bar. Makes you want to beat the hell out of the wii console.
Make sure you've adjusted you're sensor bar both on the Wii system itself and also checked pointer setting through the options menu in the game. The only real problem is detection when you're trying to do a Spin Attack and the Remote occasionally not registering a swing, but it happens.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Is there a Sun Song equivalent in this game? I hate being unable to change the night to day and whatnot. :(
You need to be able to get to the City in the Sky. At whenever time you go there, when you come back, it will always be daytime.
;)

A bit late in the game, I know.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dumb glitch...

I found a glitch that cost me 20 minutes of my time.

It was in the ice "temple"(?) in the room with about ten spinning ice enemies and a single poe. The floor is completely covered in ice. There is the door you came from, another door, and a locked one. (After getting the puumpkin and cheese.)

I had just re-entered the room after getting the key and was going towards the locked door. Right before reaching it, one of the spinning bad guys slid in front of me so I hit it with the sword and unlocked the door. This happened within less than half a second of each other.

I'm not sure how to explain it. It had that camera view of Link opening the door, but all he did was sheath his sword. He just stood there afterwards. The door didn't open, the lock didn't even come off. I was forced to reset the game.

Zink

Smash Champion
Woot, finished the
Temple of Time. I hate how you use the Dominion Rod there, and then to move those statues and that's it. Never used again. Same with the Spinner- one dungeon and one or two other uses.
I also got the Magic Armor. It's really lame, because it drains your rupees all the time you have it on, and really quickly too. Then when you go broke it's useless.

D

Deleted member

Zink,
there's no use for rupees once you've bought everything, that's why the Magic Armor is useful in some situations (Cave of Ordeals)

Also, the Ball and Chain is VERY USEFUL in the Cave of Ordeals, if you throw it once into the Redeads it will kill them when the Ball snaps back.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
^ i used that technique on the
redeads even if they do scream
:) thats how i beat cave of ordeals...actually, not really.

Zink

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was thinking that it might come in handy once I get and fill the biggest wallet... I was expecting that it would just deduct Rupees instead of health, not drain them :/
On another note, Hidden Village was nice. I hate how the original sniper thing is replaced by the cat minigae, that's so dumb.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
^^^
What that works?? I always killed redeads with the hard way, or with the charged jump attack. btw where is that last howling stone...

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
I have a question about Twilight Princess. I'm considering buying the Wii for Christmas, and along with it I would buy a small repertoire of the Wii's best launch titles. Maybe as few as one game, since I don't have much time any longer to play console games.

Obviously Twilight Princess is high on my list. I know a lot of you will say it's amazing, or the best Zelda, and all that. And that's a very easy trap to fall into, when the hype of a game is still running high. But, I am not hyped about games any longer. I want to know whether you will still enjoy Twilight Princess in the hangover of the hype, once all the attention has gathered towards some new Zelda game. Will I play Twilight Princess as often as I do Link to the Past, or Super Mario 64? Does it compare positively to other games? Or am I better off saving my money to download Castlevania III and Goldeneye007?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok well, Ill put whats I tought of TP:

The game is excellent, it pwns ocarina yes, still after clearing it, it didnt felt much like other zelda games, tha game doesnt have much to do with the triforce or stuff like that, but more on midna, which I consider TP more like a side story in the zalda games, still with the wiimote the games feels awesome, pointing with the wiimote is easy and fun, and the game will have u hooked for a while til u clear it, but if ur like othe rplayers that want 100% of the game cleared, u wil ltake one long time... this is the best zelda ever IMO, and I recommend it...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Stupid Gamefaqs wont let me link it. >_<

Yeah I had that the first time...
argh does someone just have a list of locations?
Warning. SPOILERS, duh. Credit goes to Gamefaqs.
Code:
[spoiler]
a.) Howling Stone #1 -- N/A
b.) Howling Stone #2 -- Death Mountain
c.) Howling Stone #3 -- Upper Zora River
d.) Howling Stone #4 -- Lake Hylia
e.) Howling Stone #5 -- Sacred Grove
f.) Howling Stone #6 -- Snowpeak Ruins
g.) Howling Stone #7 -- Hidden Village

b.)The location of the second Howling Stone is on the trail up Death Mountain. 
While traverising the path, you'll come across it on a bunch of rocky platforms
with geysers all around it. It's the first large area in the narrow path.

c.)The third Howling Stone is located in the upper portion of Lake Hylia, closest
to Zora's Domain. It is near Iza's cabin on a small cliff overlooking the river
and obtainable when the water is returned to the lake.

d.)The location of this stone is found near the tower where you first meet Auru.
It is in the southernmost part of Lake Hylia nearest to the Gerudo Desert. 
You'll need to be able to transform in your wolf form at will, though, because
it requires both forms to access it.

e.)The location of the fifth howling stone is right outside of the entrance to the
Sacred Grove, shortly after you jump across the gaps with the wooden logs 
swinging back and forth.

f.)This is found along the climb up Snowpeak mountain. It is near the top of the 
mountain right outside of the cave you enter. It's on a ledge that hangs over
the mountain and is pretty hard to miss.

g.)The last Howling Stone is located behind the building to the right in the 
Hidden Village -- the place with Impaz and where you shoot the bandits near 
the Bridge of Eldin. Once you have found this stone, you'll have located them
all![/spoiler]

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Out of 10, what do you give it?
I'd give it a 9 or a 10. The only things that subtract from the game are the loose ends.
Ilia's kind of left hanging, there's no triumphant return to Ordon, and you don't get to explore Hyrule after having cleansed the evil from it like you usually do.
I think I'd give it a 10. The dungeons are wonderfully designed, as are the characters, and during most of the story, the characters are pretty three dimensional. It's also one of the darker Zelda games, which should help get rid of some of the Kiddy reputation Nintendo had (and WW didn't help, although I don't dislike it because of the graphics, but because of the vast expanses of nothingness). Definitely worth your money, though.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Congrats to Virgilijus on your purchase. Give me your number and I'll give you mine.

I haven't beaten Zelda yet, but I can already say that this is the best Zelda game ever. Period. Majora's Mask isn't too far behind.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Is it just me or did this game have a bunch of references to Shadow of the Colossus? I honestly found myself recognizing a bunch of elements like,
Link Riding on bosses and stabbing at weak spots
and the cheesy triumphant music that kicks in at certain points in boss battles. I'm not sure if they're mocking that game or paying it homage by the way they presented themselves, and I can't help but think their ambiguity expressed their ambivalence.

Oh well, though. Colossus stole major story elements from Zelda II, so I guess they had it coming.

And yeah Zink, the temples were defenitely heavily designed around their respective tools. Which is sort of alien because in previous Zeldas you usually used several items in a given dungeon. Still though, the variety they put into the item's use and puzzle solving in their given dungeons was superb. It's really just a different formulaic layout though, when you think about it, because when they're designing a new item, they ask themselves, "in how many scenarios can this be useful, challenging, and fun." And instead of spreading all those scenarios out into all the dungeons, they compressed them so as to give the dungeons more concrete thematic elements.

Anyway wasn't the Temple of Time just the most awesome dungeon, regardless of how ephemeral its pleasures were? I actually had a hell of a time playing puppet master to a thing thrice Link's size and laying the smackdown on all those lizzos and pimple spiders.
But yeah it was sad when it was over, and they Could have very well used the
Dominion Rod
in later temples, particularly the last two, but they didn't. And that's probably part of the reason why TP hasn't been widely rated as perfect. There are a lot of little nitpicks that add up.

I guess we can only hope it
[the dominion rod]
has a chance of returning in later Zelda games with even better effects. Because in my opinion that was the best of all the new items. The Spinner is just a Tony Hawk Hack.

Top Bottom