• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Here's my 100% progress so far:

Dungeons:
- Fully cleared
- Map and Compass obtained
- 8/8 Heart Containers collected(boss battle hearts)

Hyrule:
- The road south of Castle Town is cleared

Items:
- Hawkeye bought
- Hylian Shield bought
- 4/4 Bottles collected
- 3/3 Bomb Bags collected
- 2/2 Quiver upgrades obtained

Collectables:
- 36/60 Poe Souls collected
- 30/45 Heart Pieces collected
- 16/24 Golden Bugs collected
- 7/7 Hidden Skills learned

Thanks to XYRO for the base of the Progress thing^.

Zink

Smash Champion
PA:
It's right after Goron Mines. You talk to Malo, the baby, who is near the fountain in Kakiriko. Then there's a little bow minigame where you hit difficult targets. If you win, Malo gives you a piece of heart and starts selling the Hawkeye. If you missed out, don't worry. It isn't really that helpful, and makes it harder to aim with the bow. There aren't any situations I can think of where I said "yeah, the hawkeye was perfect for this".

Juke

Smash Journeyman
I just finished the game with only 3 hearts. It took 13 hours to do. Not too much changes with only 3 hearts. I found myself seeing the gameover screen from normal enemies more often, but that is just from me being lazy/impatient. I suck at being patient so it would cost me sometimes. Boss difficulty didn't really change. The game gives you too many jars to bust open for hearts, so it is really hard to lose a boss fight.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I got it during the mini game.
When i couldn't shoot the pole where the kid was malo offered the hawkeye to me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Hawkeye isn't really useful IMO. It's too awkward to use, and you really won't need it at all unless you like randomly sniping enemies. I got it just for the whole 100% completion goal. I'm still at Arbiter's Ground...I really should speed things along and finish the game already, lol.

D

Deleted member

The Hawkeye is really good for the Hidden Village part. You can pick a majority of them off with it.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this game will be genius. Almost every one has. I'm not sure it'll be the same on a Wii controllers, though it could be even better. I think I might just get the GC version, or wait til I get a Wii if it's supposed to be better.

Either way this game was long overdue..and should be yet another classic. Console Zelda games always manage to be huge.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
I just finished TP for the Wii and I loved it! Please feel free to ask me through a PM if you have any questions about how to get past a dungeon. I don't want to spoil too much so I will say though that the final boss takes an hour to beat. I'm not telling who it is though.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Is there a Sun Song equivalent in this game? I hate being unable to change the night to day and whatnot. :(

Ronike

Smash Ace
Pretty sure there isn't sorry man

And pustillo speaks the truth. but its the best fight ever
Except for that D*** horse fight

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
crap,
I died in the cave of odeals(sp?) at the i think 48th or 49th battle. Where u face 3 dark nuts! I feel mad cuz im saying to my self "so close!" :mad:

It took me 20mins to beat the last boss i did the chance thing and i think you were supposed to.

It was cool how he died from chance: (MEGA SPOILERS IF U DIDN'T DO CHANCE!, which im not sure everyone did do it or ur supposed to)

You keep pressing A because ganon and you are clashing and pushing ur swords together then when u fend him off long enough You hit him and then he's on the floor and u press A to use the finish abilitly it shows a scene of him giving stabbed so ya.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
oh yeah, i just wandered but is the twilight princes different versions on the gamecube and wii?
Wii version:
-Use Remote to aim (i.e. Bow and Arrow)
-Nunchuk doesn't always register Spin Attack and there is lag time before you can perform another one
-Items mapped to D-Pad
-Link is right-handed
-Whole game is a mirrored version of the Gamecube version
-Has some possible game-breaking glitches

Gamecube version:
-You aim with the control stick
-Spin Attacks can be done a lot faster and there is no lag time after each Spin Attack
-Items mapping is done to X and Y
-Link is left-handed
-Some glitches have been fixed according to early reports

That's all the major ones I can think of...

Blackreighn_zero

Smash Journeyman
Wii version:
-Use Remote to aim (i.e. Bow and Arrow)
-Nunchuk doesn't always register Spin Attack and there is lag time before you can perform another one
-Items mapped to D-Pad
-Link is right-handed
-Whole game is a mirrored version of the Gamecube version
-Has some possible game-breaking glitches

Gamecube version:
-You aim with the control stick
-Spin Attacks can be done a lot faster and there is no lag time after each Spin Attack
-Items mapping is done to X and Y
-Link is left-handed
-Some glitches have been fixed according to early reports

That's all the major ones I can think of...
k,thanx cause i got the wii version for now

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I just bought the Gamecube version of the game. Before I pop it in, can anyone that's played both versions tell me how well the Cube version stacks up to the Wii? I'm still waiting for some online publication to review the Cube version just so I know what I'm getting into.

Specifically, I want to know which version feels more natural to play and how much of a hit the Cube version took graphics wise (if at any hit at all).

-Syn

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I have both Kye.

They both feel exactly the same.

I haven't noticed a differnce in the graphics yet, but I've only just started playing it.

Also, the controls for the GC version are better IMO. Havin to swing the Wii-Mote to attack was nice( I really like it), but I wish at times I had the option to have it mapped to a button.

D

Deleted member

OMG SYNIKAL I READ YOUR POST ON JOYSTIQ A WHILE AGO I WAS LIKE OMG I KNOW THAT GUY FROM SMASHBOARDS N HES ALWAYS CHANGING HIS NAMES N STUFF

There's something really satisfying about headshotting people really quickly once you get good.

And may I add that I love how lazy you can be with the controller? You don't have your hands gripped around like a clamp, you can laze about, with the wire between. I <3 it.

It's the little things, but man, I also love how you can pause cinematics by just pressing the home button, that is a feature that pwns unintentionally.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
I finally got to listen to the full jibber-jabber language at the end. Awesome talk to me.

Twilight Princess would look kinda kool in a movie.

yea.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I own the Wii version. I never beat it. I bought WW to play, since I never really owned a GC for longer than a month. WW is pretty fun, but I find myself shaking my left hand trying to do spin attacks.

Motion Sensativity :249.99

*Spoiler*

Using full gestures while playing energy ball tennis: Priceless.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
My opinion is: get the wii version its a new way to play. You might say "i'll lose to bosses because of mest up controls" well i thought the same, but i beat the game and one of the hardest things in zelda with the wii version (cave of ordeals). The gamecube one is with the controls of any other game. You'll get used to the controls in just 30mins so get the wii one, you'll love it.

D

Deleted member

I thought the
Ice Temple was the hardest, because I'm a fool and did the entire thing without realizing that I was wearing the Water Suit (8 hearts per frozen, I gameovered about 20 times.)

Yeah I'm cool. But if you want a real challenge, do what I did with 3 hearts. It's hard either way.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Some dungeons, like
Lakebed
, annoying me a lot because I ended up being stuck in the first 5 rooms for an hour. I ended up getting stuck every few rooms or so after that...shameful.

I think it's a Zelda tradition to make the water-themed dungeons almost impossibly hard up to the point where our heads nearly explode.

Zodiac

Smash Master
They weren't easy but, their were many parts that you get stuck on, their hard dungeons but not nearly as hard Ocarina of time, or the two most famous dungeons, The Water Temple from Ocarina of time, and The Stone Tower Temple from MM.

Though its been confirmed that their will be a new dungeons downloaded from the wii's wi fi connection for Zelda, Awesome eh?!

Top Bottom