• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
DS - After playing TP on the Wii, I cannot imaging going back to using a regular controller.
Often, you'll see clouds of birds flying around things, if you kill them all, rupees will rain from the sky. When you get used to the remote, you can pick them off with such ease it's actually scary. Very intuitive. Sword fighting on the other hand, which is cool, and I like swinging around, but I wouldn't mind pressing a button for that. I could go either way on that, but aiming /w remote = win and peanut butter

ya me nethier im to used to the wiimote and nunchuck

Zink

Smash Champion
My sensor picks up easily at a normal range... might want to get that checked out.
I LOVE the
Spinner. It's basically Link's skateboard. Arbiter's Grounds is really fun once you get it. I hate how it slows down and stops though, it should stay at the same speed! I worry that it will become obselete after this dungeon. :(

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Are you kidding? I love the Ooccoo!

BTW, WTF is up with Zelda sacrificing herself for Midna? Zelda's not suppossed to DIE. Especially not only the second time you meat her! Does this mean Midna has the Triforce of Wisdom now? Is that why she can exist in both worlds now?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Do you like knowing the endings of games before you beat them?

I just beat the game now and the series of ending boss fights are pretty cool . I felt kinda cheated with the controls but whatever. This is also the only Zelda I've ever beaten without using a guide. There were some times when I was tempted but I'm glad I did it without it.

The story was a lot better than the Wind Waker but the presentation does seem to be lacking sometimes. Text just isn't the way to go anymore. Although the game did have it's emotional parts, watching a characters thoughts tap out across the screen isn't as good as hearing them. Sometimes it's even confusing when multiple people are talking but the camera is on someone or something else other than the speaker.

That was really the only thing that bothered me. All in all it's definately one of the best Zelda games. So.. when does the next one come out? :D

And um.. how is this game supposed to be between OoT and WW if G-dorf lost the triforce? I get the whole 'it doesn't end here' thing but shouldn't he have still had it? I dunno maybe the power was just fading temporarily or something.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL. Phantom Hourglass isn't gonna be this good, methinks.
Call it a hunch.

Anyways, I have finals to struggle through, so maybe it's not too bad that I don';t have a Wii yet--so long as I can get one before or early into Christmas break I'll be satisfied.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yawn, as far as storylines go, this is the best in my opinion. Link actually has relationships witht he people he meets. That alone allows for greater story possibilities.

And as for this being the last Zelda game, it's been known for years now that this would not be the last Zelda game, just the last of Zelda games as we know them.

While this game was easier, I beat it in about the same time as OoT. Probably a little slower on this one actually. While this answered alot of questions, it didn't answer the questions I felt were most applicable to the game, and thus almost feels like a missed opportunity.

However now I'm REALLY curious as the the timeline. When does LttP take place in relation to this game!? Don't forget it's main theme was using
a mirror to transport you to the Sacred Realm
. If this game happens after LttP, then does that mean that
The mirror was broken apart long before you find it? And if so, that shard that's already there, is that what was used in LttP
!? But, if this game took place before LttP, does that mean that
the mirror was restored somehow? Or perhaps this isn't even the same mirror...

Either way it's sort of annoying. What we know about the goddesses is thrown into question. I mean,
as far as we knew before they simply created Hyrule; left; and upon leaving created the Triforce. Nowhere in the history of Hyrule was it said that the goddesses also created this massive mirror at the Desert Colosus. You would think it too would've been a primary target in the Hylian Wars if it would've gained access to the Sacred Realm.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Amazing, I've never needed a guide to beat a Zelda game. I always get them after I beat it to get all the cool things. I'm always tempted but I know that if I peek at one, I'll ruin my record.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Undr, the "last Zelda as we know it" quote is something Miyamoto said before TP was going to be on the Wii. Because we would have been using a standard controller and the next Zelda would be using the Wii controller. Things changed and the quote doesn't mean anything anymore.

Aside from some under-developed characters the story was only really lacking in that we aren't really given a clear indication when this takes place. The map does look alot like OoT but what happened to the story from the WW? I was expecting a more tradgic ending.

I was looking for an explanation as to why the hero didn't return or even why Ganondorf did. What happened to the rain?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'unno, I'm sure Miyamoto has other things planned. TP didn't showcase the Wii's abilities at all really. All moving the wiimote did was act like a button. The actual movements meant nothing.

I'm rather certain that they will want to create a LoZ for the Wii. TP is simply a port from the GCN.

From a Marketing standpoint and a franchise standpoint, there is no reason to discontinue LoZ. Whether it's the retelling of the same story, or simply a new story throughout the eras, there is still alot of life left in this series.

If what you're saying is true, then he was vastly over exagerating his idea of "the end of Zelda games as we know them". While NoA tend to overhype like that, Miyamoto and Nintendo do not. I still believe that his original plans for the LoZ story will come to fruition.

Anyway as for the story, we don't know if WW was referring to OoT/MM. It may have, it may've not. And also there's a chance that there are two timelines now. One after Adult OoT, and one where Link returns to being a child and leaves for MM. If you think of it like that, WW could follow MM. It ties in with the history. If that is in fact the case, then TP may've never happened to the people of WW. TP could've resulted from Ganondorf being sealed by the Sages at the end of OoT.
If that's the case, then there's a chance that Ruto is dead in this timeline.

Again all speculation.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about toward the end there. Ruto? Anyways WW certainly did come after OoT because it was thought that WW Link was the Hero of Time. The sages on the paned glass in the castle ring a bell?

Anyways, I didn't say that this was going to be the last Zelda. I said that quote was from a time when TP was still a gamecube only game. Because we would have been using a standard controller and the next Zelda would be using the Wii controller TP was called "the last Zelda as we know it".

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding? I love the Ooccoo!

BTW, WTF is up with Zelda sacrificing herself for Midna? Zelda's not suppossed to DIE. Especially not only the second time you meat her! Does this mean Midna has the Triforce of Wisdom now? Is that why she can exist in both worlds now?

No, not the ooccoo, the OoccooS

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
*sees all the spoiler tags*

Snap, I have no idea what we're talking about.
Except timelines.
I currently go with teh split timeline theory.
However, who KNOWS what TP does to this theory...I really have no idea, it could upend the whole thing.

Add to that that there are multiple split timeline theories...
I actually don't care that much about it tying the timeline together, though I'm sure I will appreciate what it DOES do.
I'd rather have a good self-contained story myself with some elements of the Zelda universe thrown in--sure looks like it to me.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
What I meant was that the sage that was killed by Ganon in TP was the Sage of Water. And if that was the spirit of the Sage from OoT, then that means Ruto is dead. As for the rest of it you'd have to know the split timeline theory.

And yes F8X, the woman could heal you blah blah blah it looked sorta suggestive. lol

TGM

Smash Lord
70+ hours possible? Heck yea!

Do every bit of the following and you will have logged in 70 or MORE hours in this game. No joke.

Dungeons:
- Fully cleared
- Map and Compass obtained
- All Chests opened
- 8/8 Heart Containers collected(boss battle hearts)
- Cave of Ordeals cleared( 50 floors)

Hyrule:
- All boulders, land and sea, blown up (they do not respawn)
- All overworld chests opened
- The road south of Castle Town is cleared
- All secret Grottos cleared (99% sure there are 21 Grottos across Hyrule)

Items:
- Hawkeye bought
- Hylian Shield bought
- Magic Armor bought(side quest)
- 4/4 Bottles collected (and filled with Great Fairy's Tears, which means running Cave of Ordeals at least 3 times)
- 3/3 Bomb Bags collected
- Bomb bags upgrade obtained
- 2/2 Quiver upgrades obtained

Collectables:
- 60/60 Poe Souls collected
- 45/45 Heart Pieces collected
- 24/24 Golden Bugs collected
- 7/7 Hidden Skills learned

Fishing:
- Fish Journal filled in (6 fish)
- Number of fish caught in Fish Journal reads 999 for each fish(at LEAST 20 hours here)
- Biggest Fish are caught (season affects size for lure fishing)
- Hyrule Loach caught
- Frog Lure obtained
- Sinking Lure obtained
- Rollgoal 8-8 beaten to unlock Rollgoal Special Edition (8-8 is the final level)

Mini Games:
- Highest score in Flying game gotten (61454 points is the highest)
- Optional: Low time in Star Game #2 (25-30 seconds)
- Optional: Perfect score in the Canoe game (there's no way to view your score)

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
holy ****, nice XYRO i hardly have stuff done i'm taking my time. +rep you. I got everthingy in majoras mask, ocarina of time, and wind waker time for twilight.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Rather Certain I've gotten all of Hyrule done as you have it listed, however I don't know how many boulders and stuff. I simply can't find anymore. Finished dungeons and items as listed. However Fishing is nuts, lol. And don't think I did all that you've listed in minigames. As for collectables I'm searching for bugs now, and along the way finding more Poes then I had expected to find.

Nice Collaboration of information there XYRO.

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can anyone answer me something simple? How do I tell which chests I did and did not open in a dungeon?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone answer me something simple? How do I tell which chests I did and did not open in a dungeon?

if you're talking about chests on the map, then if u see the chest symbol on youre map those u didnt open. The ones you open disappear from the map.

I'm on the last dungeon too paranoid_android

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
What's ******** is, when you open a rupee chest and it says you can't take it. THe cehst closes, and if you forget you've opened that chest before(fairly likely since this happens ALOT) there's no way that the game tells you. SO if you go on a chest opening spree, make sure your rupees are emptied beforehand and you'll spend hours trying to find chests you haven't opened.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I know this is really late but....I finally got the time to beat it. :) And i did. :D

4 fights at the end! Thats good but its way too easy i had 14 hearts and i didn't use up one fairy. Make 'em harder! Atleast this game was amazing.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
just a bump to get that other topic out of the top

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if this has beenbrought up yet and Im too lazy to read the entire thread but

Links spin attack cancels his regular A attack with his sword out. If you time it right it the spin attack will hit past the shields of many enemies.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I would like to ask some questions about some things Zelda left unexplained at the end of the game or didn't go into, but I'll ask one question at a time.

The goblin marauder. The axe-wielding goblin marauder talks to you at the end of the game. Now, I think it is safe to assume he is the same one you fought at the encampment in front of the Desert Temple. Why does he talk to you? Why does Midna point out that he was capable of talking? What did he mean? Where did he go? These things point at a sequel if you ask me, especially Ganondorf's final and most kick *** dieing words ever, "Do not think this ends here. The history of light and shadow will be written in blood," or something to that effect. Anyways, the goblin marauder. Anyone have some information they can throw at me about him?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Can anyone tell me where to get the bigger quivers? I'm sick of running out of arrows.
In Hyrule Castle, there is a game called the Star Game. It is by Agitha's Castle. You have to have the hookshot to do the first one. If you win, you get a quiver with 60 arrows. He then makes a second one, where you need the item from the seventh dungeon. If you beat that, you get a quiver with 100 arrows

Zink

Smash Champion
In addition,
after beating it for the first time, a trio of fangirls will gather outside the game. If you talk to them, they giggle and drop 3 hearts.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Ya, i got to get the stuff i left behind when i beat the game like the
100 quivery
thanks. I thought it was
100 ruppees or something at the star place
BTW
Can you upgrade ur wallet? Cuz 300 seems low.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Your spoiler tags are broken. Beware.
I'm still fascinated at the prospect that people click SUBMIT and immediately close the window afterward without even glancing at their own post. Can't he see that the spoiler block failed miserably? That's a large block of text. >_<

FireBomb

Smash Lord
You give her one at a time. The bug you give her will have a little butterfly on next to them in your bug collection menu, so you don't lose track of which ones you already gave her.

Top Bottom