• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Well, I beat the game. Then, the next day, I fought the final boss again because it was so much fun.

TP is better than OoT, without question. TP's bosses were better. The dungeons were better (especially the
Twilight Temple. The design wasn't astounding (it was way too short), but it had some amazing atmosphere. That Wallmaster-esque had scared the heck out of me just because it looked like a Wallmaster. Zant is pretty creepy, too. He reminded me of Voldo with his crazy bendiness.
).

I agree with Resting Fox. Many weapons, such as the
Dominion Rod and the Spinner (Gale Boomerang to an extent, too) didn't get too much use. Oh, and I liked the Spinner. Maybe it was just the awesome boss battle. Skull Dragon > Spider.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Anyway wasn't the Temple of Time just the most awesome dungeon, regardless of how ephemeral its pleasures were? I actually had a hell of a time playing puppet master to a thing thrice Link's size and laying the smackdown on all those lizzos and pimple spiders.
Really? I actually didn't like that dungeon very much. I'm not comparing the
Temple of Time
to any other dungeon. I just didn't like it very much, though the
Dominion Rod
is sweet.

I also found another glitch in
Temple of Time.

It's in the room with the two golden scales. What happened was, I threw off the statue weight on the first scale and used the ball and chain to knock the weight on the other scale off, leaving both sides bare. (You throw the ball beyond the statue and when you pull it back, it should move the statue just a little bit closer, until it falls onto the side you're on. Then you throw it off.) I then climbed out so the two sides would be on the same level. Then, I used the spinner and was able to cross without either side falling down.

Yeah. Two glitches found by me. :)

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I saw a couple ways in which I could have become stuck in the
Temple of Time. They all involve gates, switches, jars, and arrows (or whatever else you want to destroy a jar.

I wish the Boomerang had been used a bit more, though. It's probably my all time favorite Zelda item because it's just so different.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I wish the Boomerang had been used a bit more, though. It's probably my all time favorite Zelda item because it's just so different.
Yeah, there were a bunch of items that didn't live out their worth. The classics are still
the bow and arrow and the clawshot(s), which Zelda is pretty much completely giving all the glory too. Items like gale boomerang, spinner, dominion rod, slingshot, and pretty much every bomb except normal ones :( were basically ditched after a certain amount of time.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
i got the GC version last week and it's so much fun. The only gripe I have is that there's only 2 buttons for the GC that you can assign to items: x and y. Z is for midna. I don't know what they couldn't have midna as one of the D-pad buttons since only up and right were used for items and map. It got tedious after a while with only 2 item buttons after a while, but i got used to it. Still wish i could've had the Z tho.

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'm in the 40th room of the Cave of Ordeals, I'm out of potions and I only have 3 more hearts left.

I want to leave the Cave of Ordeals to restock on items and potions, but the fairy said that if I leave now, I'll have to start from the begginning.

I don't know what she means, does that mean that if I go to the surface now, I have to start from the 1st room? Or just the 40th room? I need an answer ASAP, no not that, now!

Because if I don't get an answer now, I'll have to leave my Wii on the entire night! I don't want my Wii to overload and stop working forever! That's what happened to my Gamecube!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ok, I'm in the 40th room of the Cave of Ordeals, I'm out of potions and I only have 3 more hearts left.

I want to leave the Cave of Ordeals to restock on items and potions, but the fairy said that if I leave now, I'll have to start from the begginning.

I don't know what she means, does that mean that if I go to the surface now, I have to start from the 1st room? Or just the 40th room? I need an answer ASAP, no not that, now!

Because if I don't get an answer now, I'll have to leave my Wii on the entire night! I don't want my Wii to overload and stop working forever! That's what happened to my Gamecube!
Well, you can probably leave the Wii on without having any problems, but er, yeah, you have to start over if you leave before finishing. Before you attempt it again, make sure you have as many hearts as possible and full equipment (bombs, arrows, etc.). Make sure you've learned all the Hidden Skills, because some moves can be quite useful. Also, be sure you get the four bottles and fill them with fairies, potions, etc. (I recommend at least one fairy, either Great Fairy Tears or Rare Chu Jelly, and potions for the rest.). Be sure to get the magic armor to use it in the harder rooms (i.e. Darknuts). It REALLY helps, considering how many Rupees you get from killing the enemies. Be sure to use Sense in each room, because some rooms have buried Hearts and Rupees.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The Cave of Ordeals only requires all that equipment the first one or two times you beat it. After that, it becomes easier to handle. I've been through it about five or six times now. I use one blue potion the entire time (all 50 levels). I'm sure with a bit of practice, I could do it without that potion.

By the way,
fighting four Darknuts at once was incredibly difficult, but now I can do it without dying at all (no potions or magic armor). I wanna see some vids of people playing; I'm curious as to how others handle them. I found one: video link. However, I have much better battle tactics than this guy. Maybe we should share Darknut-killing combos. :)

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
I dunno guys, for me, some things in this were a bit too easy. The last boss battle for instance. I took very few hits (and quite a few of them due to me
taking dumb hits as Milda says "go wolf!"
), and was rather insulted when, less then half a dozen hearts gone and the last part of the final battle, finding breakables that gave hearts and _a fairy._ Sadly, a lot of other boss battles also lack difficulty, have the previously stated "just do this and you win, and probably won't get hurt too!" Never in any boss battle did I get close to dying (and still haven't seen the dead screen for that matter)

And like many people, I'm rather disappointed that items weren't used often outside of the dungeon their found (minus the ubiquitous
clawshot, boots, and bow
). In many cases, it doesn't even look like they tried to do anything other than make you sink like a rock and jump from wall to wall like a monkie, shooting anything that moved and didn't have 15 layers of armour.

And despite my gripes, I still think this game is great. Far from perfect (**** random glitches), but great. Most notibly is things like the cinematic scenes, and some things are just amazing when you run into them (
the puzzles when you first get the spinner and the "wild west" minigame come to mind
). I'm grinding my way through the three-heart challenge recently, so we'll see how that goes. It'll be interesting to try to live when a couple things in the game can one-shot me to the ground in the blink of an eye.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Supersmashbdude, if your gonna take the challenge again make sure u do/have these things even though i didn't have all i still beat it so maybe u can too:

All 20 Hearts*
All Hidden Skills
The Giant Quiver (100) Arrow
The Hawkeye
All 4 bottles
Magic Armor*
Spinner
Ball and Chain
Dominion Rod
Double Clawshot
Know how to combine items
Master Sword
Hylian Shield
All 3 Bomb Bags and the upgrade for double capacity in these bags.
Giant Wallet fully loaded with 1000 rupees*

The things with ' * ' beside them is what i didn't need, try it without them.

I also have the official guide so if you have any questions, ask.

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
Yea I have a question, I finished the Cave of Ordeals, but the final room only had 3 knight things.

How can my final battle only have 3 of them, when all of your final battles had 4 of the knight things?

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I'm in
City in the Sky, and almost to the boss, I just haven't found out how to activate that giant fan to turn those panels you can Clawshot to. I saw the globe-lever you have to pull (or whatever you want to call that thing) in the previous room's cieling, but it's way out of reach, not to mention I can't know for sure if that's what it's for. I hate running all over just looking for a little switch, especially since I've been practically everywhere. Can someone help me out?

Kiris

Smash Cadet
I'm in
City in the Sky, and almost to the boss, I just haven't found out how to activate that giant fan to turn those panels you can Clawshot to. I saw the globe-lever you have to pull (or whatever you want to call that thing) in the previous room's cieling, but it's way out of reach, not to mention I can't know for sure if that's what it's for. I hate running all over just looking for a little switch, especially since I've been practically everywhere. Can someone help me out?
Go to the room where you turned off the fan directly above it, then clawshot the panel above you and lower yourself back to the room below. There's a switch on the ceiling, clawshot over to it, and put your iron boots on, and it'll activate the fan.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Thanks Kiris. I'm in that higher room right now, after going back, but I don't how soon I would have thought of that. Boy, now I feel stupid. :dizzy: :urg:

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
So is anyone going to answer my question with the missing Darknut thing (the big knight thing)? I want to try and complete the Cave of Ordeals again, but I need this question answered first.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Er, um, I'm pretty sure there's only three Darknuts at Floor 49. Whoever said there was more was mistaken...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Er, um, I'm pretty sure there's only three Darknuts at Floor 49. Whoever said there was more was mistaken...
Super Smash Dude, I believe this also answers your question:
If you attempt the Cave of Ordeals a second time, the floor that had two darknuts now has three, and the floor that had three darknuts now has four. I am not mistaken. ;)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I had to redo the Cave of Ordeals after the 46th floor because one of the ice enemies somehow phased through the door, making him unreachable. I went in again and pwned them all. I read some FAQs on it later and was surprised at how all of them said to have max hearts and potions. I had 15 hearts, but I went in with 12 (I had damage). The only thing that gave me trouble were the 3 knights.

PS: That guy in Buzz's video is lame.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
PS: That guy in Buzz's video is lame.
I completely agree. He took so much damage that it was embarrassing. He just repeatedly hit hoping for a score. I have battle patterns that essentially guarantee hits (and evade the other darknuts if executed perfectly). The guy in the video drank so many potions... >_<

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You have to share your tech with us. All I do is lure one to the side to attack. When the sword misses, I attack a few times. The problem is when the armor falls off, and they become harder to hit.

Merry Christmas.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
so many potions drank, i only used one before the battle(i only had 17, atleast i have 20 now) none after cuz i was at 7 hearts.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm deeply confused about this game. :urg:

Why did Zant re-appear in Hyrule right before Ganandorf died? Why was it after he came, Ganon's triforce stopped glowing?

Also, what did Zant mean when he said that it didn't matter if Link defeated him because his master would revive him?

Agh!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well this is just my opinion, but since zant said he said his master was gonna revive him, it didnt matter if he died, and since ganondorf was just a few secs away from death, he must have known he wasnt gonna revive him, so he kida kill him in a way of revenge, again IMO, also ganondorfs triforce disappear cause he was diyin lol...

Samochan

Smash Master
The hidden sword skill statue on Hidden Village was plain mean. After beating like, 14 of the enemies coco howled and released the wolf, but after that all of the enemies respawed, those that he had just killed >_>. Oh, and are you supposed to use Gale bumerang to bring Phantom Zant to ground level? Since coco tried and shield attack was not working for him, so he used the bumerang and it worked, somehow... oh well, speed trick :p

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Do you guys happen to discuss Timeline Theories? I've made up one for myself, and I thought I'd share. Extreme spoilers follow. The more popular theory is that it's after Adult OoT and before WW. Here's my take. Please be sure that, when responding to this message, you know about the lore and history of all LoZ games.

This is mainly focused on TP's placement. The way I have it, starting from OoT, is:

Child OoT --> MM --> TP

Just a partial timeline focusing on these three games.

Notice that I placed TP after MM. I think this makes the most sense - Ganondorf wasn't sent to the Sacred Realm, and there was no mention of Ganondorf escaping there in the first place, so I'd like to assume that he's been alive all this time.
In other words, I had actually assumed that the Ganondorf in TP is the same Ganondorf from Child OoT's timeline.

The sages are.. well.. different, yes. I can't explain this too well, but if it does indeed follow Child OoT's, then the sages haven't even been discovered yet - the sages of this timeline may very well be different from the sages of Adult OoT's timeline. It might even be that there were sages from the beginning of OoT's story in the first place, and they were killed off before Adult OoT's story started. A little sketchy, I know.

The following is pure conjecture, but this is what I want to believe:

During the events of the beginning of OoT, there have been already 7 sages. If we were to assume that the Imprisoning War IS OoT, then we know this to be true, since the sages have been looking for the chosen one to wield the blade of evil's bane, and the temples obviously have existed since back then. Following Adult OoT's timeline, I believe that the sages were killed off in those 7 years, which can help explain how the temples might have gotten cursed. This is why I believe Adult Link had to search for the new sages - it reminds me of how Wind Waker played it off that the sages were killed by Ganondorf, and new ones had to be found. It also leads me to believe that all the sages might be related by blood one way or another. They obviously aren't immortal since Ganondorf has the power to kill them.

Now, back to the topic at hand - if we go back to Child OoT's timeline, we can assume that the sages were never killed off - I believe the sages in TP were the same sages that were in OoT before being killed off by Ganondorf during those 7 dark years. This time, however, Ganondorf had finally been captured and punished for his crimes. 6 sages were part of Ganondorf's punishment in TP, one of them killed off.

With that in mind, and to support my theory, I have to assume that Child OoT's Ganondorf, before he became the King of Evil, is the same Ganondorf that was sent to the Twilight Realm. It also helps explain why no one in TP knows about the story of the Hero of Time, while it was known fairly well in WW - the events of OoT's Adult timeline never happened.

About the Triforce being in possession of the chosen ones... this is the chink in my theory. There's no good explanation that I can really come with, and it's the only part that makes this theory fairly invalid. I don't like the explanation I'm about to present, but here it is anyway.

Now, as for the Triforce of Power being given to Ganondorf, I also have to assume that Ganondorf didn't recieve the power of the gods until he was impaled by the sage's sword. It was, as mentioned, a divine prank, but nonetheless, Ganondorf is a chosen wielder for the ToP, opposed to stealer. Actually, I don't like this idea at all, but for the sake of tying my arguement together, I have to assume this. In any case, I refer back to the word chosen. Even if the Triforce is in the Sacred Realm, there are the chosen ones in the game that are meant to wield the power of the gods. Even if Link never received his in Child OoT's timeline, he definitely had the potential to do so, and so I believe that potential is passed down his bloodline. It's quite the same for Zelda, but it's harder to explain in Ganondorf's case. As far as I can explain it, Ganondorf had the largest desire for power to be able to conquer Hyrule - it was because of the nature of his heart that he was given just that part of the Triforce, according to OoT. Being now a chosen wielder of the Triforce, it might have been just as it was - a divine prank - that helped save Ganondorf from disaster by somehow being granted the power of the gods.

Eh. I didn't like that at all.

As for Ganondorf not recognizing Link, Zelda, and the Master Sword in the end:

Ganondorf in the Child OoT timeline never fought with Link, and so has never faced the Master Sword. That takes care of why Ganondorf doesn't even acknowledge who he is and what the Master Sword truly was. I'm quite surprised by this reaction if it is indeed following Adult OoT's timeline, where he swore to destroy their descendents. I doubt a maniacal and power hungry man like him could ever forget those who imprisoned him. As for Zelda, Ganondorf always seems interested in her, perhaps mainly because she is the princess of Hyrule, but also because he knows she's the wielder of the Triforce of Wisdom? That always seems to be the case - he kidnaps her and you end up needing to save her in the end in almost all the games.

About the Skeletal Knight - this is an important item I need to bring up.

Here's the big assumption we have to make in order to help support this theory:

The Golden Skeletal Knight is OoT Link.

Things that help support this is that the techniques can only be passed in the bloodline, and only a true hero can wield them. That means TP Link is related to this knight, and that the Golden Skeletal Knight must have been a hero in his day - he even says so himself.

How does this support my theory?

Keep in mind, at the end of Adult OoT's ending, Link is sent back in time. He's disappeared - he does not exist in that timeline anymore. Where does he exist? Back in the child OoT Timeline, the only timeline where he could grow up and have a family - in other words, off spring.

If we are to assume that this is true, then it must be that the events of Child Timeline must have occurred with TP following after MM 100 years later.

Lastly, just the mild analysis of the creator's statements. Miyamoto and Aonuma never actually state that TP is between OoT and WW - they were vague and simply said it was after OoT, and omitted any statements saying it was before WW. This actually helps support my theory in the case that WW didn't happen in child's OoT, or as far as we know anyway, and leaves open the possibility that TP could have happened in that timeline.

Well there we go. Lots of reading, to be sure, but I hope you take it into consideration. Please give me any comments and arguements - I expect my own theory to have holes in them that people will point out, and I'll be happy to debate them with you.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow,now THAT is a big chunk of spoilers right there.

Drat, can't read it because I STILL don't have a Wii yet...
You think they'll be easier to get now that Christmas is over?

So I have a question now that I've been playing Wind Waker again...

Compared to Wind Waker, how tough is the game?
Puzzles, and combat, especially.

I find bottled healing-anythngs pretty much pointless throughout the entire game thus far.
I mean, I can think of one occassion I could've used a green potion just for convenience's sake, and one time I used a fairy in a bottle.

But dang, what's the need in getting all those Heart Pieces when baddies a.) take their sweet time in hitting you and b.) barely hurt you when they DO hit you and c.) even when you get roughed up a bit in a gang-bust, there's always hearts aplenty.

I heard there's way too many rupees in the game and nothing to spend them on.
Are the enemies not too tough, do they gang up a lot, and are hearts too easy to find?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Wowser that's a lot of mind-numbing stuff. A couple things, though...

The place of Ganondorf always confused me; I assumed he was the same Ganon in all Zelda games but now I'm not sure. In OoT, he turns into a pig-like creature, weilding 2 swords and can stand on his hind legs. In TP however, he transforms into a sort of boar who runs on all fours. That's the first I've ever seen, since almost every other Zelda game's Ganon looks like the one from OoT. Also, I believe he only steals Zelda solely for the reason that she has the Triforce of Wisdom, which is necessary to summon the Goddess' power. I just thought she just happened to be a princess since it fits the story better, hero saves princess. I doubt Ganon could care less what the chosen one's rank/position would be.

You also mentioned MM in your timeline, something I never figured out comes to mind. Link beat Ganondorf in OoT in the FUTURE 7 years after being a child. Now, if he goes back to the past 7 years to his childhood, wouldn't Ganondorf still be running free? Link went to a totally different world, Termina, and forgot all about him or what? I didn't understand if, when he was sent to the void between the Sacred Realm, that also meant the one in the past, from Child Link's time, magically disappeared as well?

The Temple of Time had me curious as well. Is it in fact the same Temple of Time in TP as it is in OoT? I wonder, considering why the Sages decided to make their gathering spot be the Mirror Chamber in the Gerudo Desert, not the ToT.

The Golden Skeletal Knight being Link also makes a lot of sense when you think about it, especially when you consider that WW doesn't exist yet in this Link's timeline.

So yeah, that's my thoughts, for now at least.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Wowser that's a lot of mind-numbing stuff. A couple things, though...

The place of Ganondorf always confused me; I assumed he was the same Ganon in all Zelda games but now I'm not sure. In OoT, he turns into a pig-like creature, weilding 2 swords and can stand on his hind legs. In TP however, he transforms into a sort of boar who runs on all fours. That's the first I've ever seen, since almost every other Zelda game's Ganon looks like the one from OoT. Also, I believe he only steals Zelda solely for the reason that she has the Triforce of Wisdom, which is necessary to summon the Goddess' power. I just thought she just happened to be a princess since it fits the story better, hero saves princess. I doubt Ganon could care less what the chosen one's rank/position would be.
Yeah you're right about this, but I just thought I'd mention it too - keep in mind, his ultimate goal is to rule Hyrule, and having the princess at his side probably has added benefits to that.
You also mentioned MM in your timeline, something I never figured out comes to mind. Link beat Ganondorf in OoT in the FUTURE 7 years after being a child. Now, if he goes back to the past 7 years to his childhood, wouldn't Ganondorf still be running free? Link went to a totally different world, Termina, and forgot all about him or what? I didn't understand if, when he was sent to the void between the Sacred Realm, that also meant the one in the past, from Child Link's time, magically disappeared as well?
I should be able to clear things up for you. Ganondorf is indeed running free, but he doesn't have the Triforce of Power. This makes it easier for the King of Hyrule to seize his guards on Ganondorf if he ever made a wrong move. Remember that Ganondorf became the King of Evil because of the power of the Gods, and without that, he's simply a man. No, I don't believe he magically disappeared - just that the events from Adult OoT no longer happen because Ganondorf never entered the Sacred Realm to get the Triforce of Power.
The Temple of Time had me curious as well. Is it in fact the same Temple of Time in TP as it is in OoT? I wonder, considering why the Sages decided to make their gathering spot be the Mirror Chamber in the Gerudo Desert, not the ToT.
The Mirror Chamber is the place where they sent prisoners and criminals to the Twilight Realm. Don't get that confused.
The Golden Skeletal Knight being Link also makes a lot of sense when you think about it, especially when you consider that WW doesn't exist yet in this Link's timeline.
So yeah, that's my thoughts, for now at least.
Yep, I certainly hope it does. Keep in mind, I don't believe my theory is completely solid, and I accept that I could be wrong. However, I wanted to present this as being one of the more logical theories that I could possibly come up with.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
My musings.
Something has always bugged me about the OoT. What did getting the Master Sword and going 7 years into the future really acomplish? Link originally collected the three stones to prevent them from falling into Ganondorf's hands. At the end of the game, he is back exactly where he started. Ganondorf is free and able to collect the sacred power. Or did the Triforce get released into the world to be given to all future generations of Links/Zeldas/Ganons? That way, Ganon can no longer stroll over to the Temple of Time to get it. He has to kidnap defeat Zelda and Link. meh

Edit: Adult OoT Link gathered the seven sages and Zelda together to allow the Triforce to be released into the world in the past. Without these people, the whole reoccuring Zelda/Link/Ganon thing could never have happened.

Assuming this is true, all three characters in the OoT die of old age and nothing noticable happens. However, the Future Ganon who was sealed to the Light Realm wasn't affected by the time warp and lives until Wind Waker. The Ganon of Twilight Princess is another Ganon entirely.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
My musings.
Something has always bugged me about the OoT. What did getting the Master Sword and going 7 years into the future really acomplish? Link originally collected the three stones to prevent them from falling into Ganondorf's hands. At the end of the game, he is back exactly where he started. Ganondorf is free and able to collect the sacred power. Or did the Triforce get released into the world to be given to all future generations of Links/Zeldas/Ganons? That way, Ganon can no longer stroll over to the Temple of Time to get it. He has to kidnap defeat Zelda and Link. meh
If you really want to go into it, it's technically Link's fault that Ganondorf became the King of Evil - if he never pulled out the Master Sword, the gate to the Sacred Realm would never have been opened, and Ganondorf never would have gotten the Triforce of Power. However, since Young Link was never of age to wield the Master Sword, he had no choice but to stay there for 7 years. Link, however, should now have the power to fight against Ganondorf after he releases the temples and their sages.

No, Ganondorf isn't free to collect the sacred power - only the chosen one can pull out the Master Sword, the blade of evil's bane. No other person can do it, and anyone evil will get some sort of negative effect.

The Triforce is still in the Sacred Realm, but I don't think that means it's locked in there forever. In Twilight Princess, Link is a chosen hero of the Gods. If he's been chosen, it doesn't matter if the Triforce is in the Sacred Realm or not - they're Goddesses. They have the power to split the Triforce whenever they want to, and the chosen ones are those who are picked by the God to be wielders of their power. Same for Ganondorf, who has the greatest desire of them all for power, and for Zelda, who is always granted the knowledge of the Gods.
Edit: Adult OoT Link gathered the seven sages and Zelda together to allow the Triforce to be released into the world in the past. Without these people, the whole reoccuring Zelda/Link/Ganon thing could never have happened.

Assuming this is true, all three characters in the OoT die of old age and nothing noticable happens. However, the Future Ganon who was sealed to the Light Realm wasn't affected by the time warp and lives until Wind Waker. The Ganon of Twilight Princess is another Ganon entirely.
Actually, in Adult OoT, the Triforce remains in the hands of Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda - as far as I know, anyway. Plus, Link no longer exists in the Adult Timeline; he's been sent back to his Child Timeline.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The Triforce is still in the Sacred Realm, but I don't think that means it's locked in there forever. In Twilight Princess, Link is a chosen hero of the Gods. If he's been chosen, it doesn't matter if the Triforce is in the Sacred Realm or not - they're Goddesses. They have the power to split the Triforce whenever they want to, and the chosen ones are those who are picked by the God to be wielders of their power. Same for Ganondorf, who has the greatest desire of them all for power, and for Zelda, who is always granted the knowledge of the Gods.
I'm really confused right now so bear with me. If I understand you right, you're saying that absolutely nothing in Adult OoT ever happened. It's as if Link had never even pulled the Master Sword out of the... thingy(?). Then why didn't Adult OoT Link simply travel back in time and never pull the sword out again? He would never have to deal with a Ganon who had the Triforce.

Here's what I think. When young Link becomes old Link and then goes back in time again, only a brief period has passed. If he spent ten minutes in the future, it's ten minutes later than when he pulled the sword out. So I believe that Ganondorf followed Link into the temple and went immediately into the Sacred Realm which, for my theory to work, is completely seperate of Hyrule's timeline. Young Link cant sit idlely by anymore, or else Ganon would return to Hyrule with the Triforce of Power and kill him, leaving no one left to stop his reign.
Actually, in Adult OoT, the Triforce remains in the hands of Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda - as far as I know, anyway. Plus, Link no longer exists in the Adult Timeline; he's been sent back to his Child Timeline.
So you believe that there are two different universes now? Twilight Princess is in one universe and Wind Waker is in another? I liked my theory because it tied all three in one timeline. It makes my head hurt less.
Sorry for my slow response. I was REALLY confused. I hate time travel. :confused:

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm really confused right now so bear with me. If I understand you right, you're saying that absolutely nothing in Adult OoT ever happened. It's as if Link had never even pulled the Master Sword out of the... thingy(?). Then why didn't Adult OoT Link simply travel back in time and never pull the sword out again? He would never have to deal with a Ganon who had the Triforce.

Here's what I think. When young Link becomes old Link and then goes back in time again, only a brief period has passed. If he spent ten minutes in the future, it's ten minutes later than when he pulled the sword out. So I believe that Ganondorf followed Link into the temple and went immediately into the Sacred Realm which, for my theory to work, is completely seperate of Hyrule's timeline. Young Link cant sit idlely by anymore, or else Ganon would return to Hyrule with the Triforce of Power and kill him, leaving no one left to stop his reign.

So you believe that there are two different universes now? Twilight Princess is in one universe and Wind Waker is in another? I liked my theory because it tied all three in one timeline. It makes my head hurt less.
Sorry for my slow response. I was REALLY confused. I hate time travel. :confused:
The problem with that is the Master Sword has already been pulled out in both timeline's, and the gate has already opened - the three spiritual stones are in place. The reason it works out in the ending is because Zelda sends Link back before they even met, and so it's before Link discovered the other two spiritual stones while he has the first one, and the door leading to the chamber with the Master Sword is still left untouched. I believe, however, that young Link of this time still remembers everything.

What happened now is what is called the split or dual timeline theory. There are two different outcomes from OoT - Adult OoT, where Ganon is defeated and sealed in the Sacred Realm, and Link is sent back to the past: he no longer exists in that timeline. Then there's Child OoT, the time where Link was sent back to renew his childhood, where Ganondorf never got the Triforce of Power, and where Link goes on to Termina to follow Majora Mask's events.

According to Nintendo, Wind Waker follows Adult OoT's ending hundreds of years later. That means that they acknowledge the time split. This also helps the storyline in that Ganondorf was sealed in the Sacred Realm, and the Link of this story is a reincarnation, rather than someone from the bloodline - it would have been impossible in Adult OoT's ending, because Link never had any offspring in that timeline.

Twilight Princess, however, takes place 100 years after OoT - they never specify which timeline it follows. However, they also omitted any mention of Wind Waker, which is confirmed to follow the Adult Timeline. As I said before, this leaves open the possibility that the timeline follows the outcome from Child OoT.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
My brother was at
the Mirror Chamber
for the first time, but then had to leave and didn't have time to kill the monsters, so I did and then was going to save for him. I wasn't paying enough attention and out of habit I went to my file instead and saved... I didn't realize what I'd done soon enough to turn it off, and I had just started
Hyrule Castle
... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I had all but a few Heart pieces, all but a few bugs, and it's all gone! :cry:
Does anyone know how to hack the Wii's memory or anything like that? :(

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It's impossible to recover lost data. That's what you get for being a good brother.

Edit:
The problem with that is the Master Sword has already been pulled out in both timeline's, and the gate has already opened.
Works for me. I forgot that there has to be different timelines now.

Just to clarify things up for me, do you think that the Twilight Princess Ganondorf and the Young Link Ganondorf are the same persons? There's no denying his power. He was able to do all the stuff with the Doku Tree, Gorons, and Zoras without the Triforce.

Top Bottom