• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Mic_128 said:
Wrong. The only advantage of p[laying it on Rev instead of the cube is controller use. No change in graphics or sound.
It's possible the sound could be improved by the type of output you use for your sound. The GameCube doesn't have a Digital Optical Out (Atleast mine doesn't!), but the Rev could have one (which I really hope it does..), which would greatly improve your sound if you used it. I was using the old red and white cables hooked into my surround sound for my 360 until about a week and a half ago when I finally picked up a Digital Optical Cable. The difference in sound is crazy. I can pump up the volume extremely loud now and it'll keep a nice crisp quality. The bass now too... Oh man, the bass. Playing in faux-5.1 before was awesome, but playing in actual 5.1 now is insane.

Anyone else hoping for a final release date at E3? =\

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
My guess is that they will give a "final" release date, and then it will be adjusted later.

I mean, I have a video from E3 2001 saying that the Gamecube would be released November 5. Everyone cheered, like it would actually happen.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No. It's being released for Gamecube. It will, however, be playable on the Revolution with the Revmote controller. But it's not being released for Rev.

Zink

Smash Champion
That should go in the topic title, too many people have asked it.
Also about the digital out- I like being able to use the same cord for N64 and GCN. I can keep them both hooked up at the same time and just switch the cable when I want to play the other one.

Aurus

Smash Cadet
OH MY God!!!! If this isn't the greatest thing ever to exist, my life is meaningless. If you guys think it's tough waiting, think about this: I'll be in Norway at the time of release, so I won't be able to play the game for 3 months after everyone else! AUGHGHGHGHGH

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
McFox said:
My guess is that they will give a "final" release date, and then it will be adjusted later.

I mean, I have a video from E3 2001 saying that the Gamecube would be released November 5. Everyone cheered, like it would actually happen.
Yep I almost peed when my dad told me gamestop called and said "Twilight pricess will be moved to March 2006", then again to November, WTFs ensued.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nintendo is putting more resources into this game than any other they've ever made, near as I can tell, meaning the game has BIG shoes to fill, and it'd better, on every plane.

The graphics look the gorgeous, I'm sure it'll sound great, Nintendo has promises us a story we could "Never never guess" that will catch us by surprise, and I'm really hoping they pull out all the stops with this one.
And they'd better.
Or they're gonna lose some credability.
Like, this game has to get a 10 just about everywhere, or people are gonna be annoyed.
Then again, Resident Evil 4 was at E3 about THREE times.
And was that game not worth the wait?
It's a masterpiece. I hope Twilight Princess does the same thing.
But wii shall see.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Destiny made Eorlingas laugh. Life is now complete. :p

On a more serious note, I see what you mean, Destiny. But the way I see it, Nintendo's already lost credibility. I'm really not sure if it has any left, at least with me. Perhaps there are less cynical people in the world. In any case, if they do this right, this is a chance to gain back some credibility, and perhaps even (God forbid) gain some customers who DIDN'T own the last two Nintendo systems. 'Cause let's face it, most of the folks posting in this topic are assured customers, albeit many of which have been very pissed off assured customers (myself included), but still assured customers.
Thing is, far as I've been able to see, nobody really cares about this game except Nintendo fans. A year ago, that wasn't true, and Nintendo had a chance to appeal to a new audience, but with the delays, they've lost their hype. Now, it seems as though its all about putting out a game which will catch the eyes of folks who aren't even looking anymore. If they don't accomplish that, they're just going to reinforce the status quo, which is that Nintendo doesn't live up to what they say. With the exception of Melee of course.
I guess the way I see it, this game will most likely either bring elation to the hearts of even the most stoic gamers, or piss off Nintendo's remaining loyal subjects. Probably not the best position for Nintendo to put themselves in.

But I suppose that's enough critiquing for now. I for one am hoping this game blows everything else out of the water. I'm just not going to assume it will just because wii think it will.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The nine months that have been delayed are an investment. Sure it's losing hype and pissing everyone off, but if this game truely is going to be better than OT, it will be so worth it. Nine months of extra stuff is really exciting for me, unfortunately, most casual gamers wont care. Hmmm.... nine months of extras... 2-disks maybe?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i heard it from a friend...it was supposed to be 2 disks on it's original launch date last november...it's now back a year because they're making longer...it's gonna be at least 2 disks

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
The stupidest thing is that Nintendo continualy switches with saying that it'll have Wii options or not. First it was, then it wasn't and now it is again.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
No. In an interview for the Power Unlimited(the most important games magazine form the Benelux) they really denied that it would have Revolution(Wii) options

Nite

Smash Champion
Ooooh, yeah man. This is going to be awesome. I have heard talk about this for a long time now. I know a couple of my friends have been waiting because they are die hard Zelda fans. I would love to say that I am, but I haven't played nearly as much as they have, but I loved every one that I played.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
BIG NEWS: According to an interview in TIME magazine, Twilight Princess has been moved over to Wii. It is no longer a Gamecube title, it seems.

The TIME Wii tell-all has confirmed that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will feature Wiimote-specific functionality. TIME, trippin' off a self-confessed Errol Flynn flashback -- now that's old school! -- got a chance to use the Wii controller to sword fight, aim a bow and arrow, and reel in a "stubborn virtual fish."

While the details of the play-test where limited, the revelation suggests that Twilight Princess will play a major role in the Wii launch lineup. Twilight Princess is no longer a Wii-functional GameCube title. Uh-uh, Zelda just upgraded to next-gen status.
Good news, in my opinion, but I feel some people will be upset.

kaid

Smash Master
The actual playtest sayd nothing. Time simply assumed that Nintendo wouldn't be puting both control schemes in the game... like Nintendo's been saying they will for months.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Yes, if this becomes a Wii title, and not just a Gamecube game with Wii-specific features, at least seventeen heads are going to roll. I don't particularly care which ones, most likely the first seventeen I see. Ain't no way I can afford to buy a Wii just to play the Zelda game that I've been waiting two + years to play on my Gamecube. I'm assuming I'm not the only one...

Andy

The rAt

Smash Ace
You do know the price of college, right? And the fact that those other games will cost money too?

Right now, I'm not entirely certain I can afford to get TP assuming I don't have to buy anything else to use it, let alone if I have to buy an entirely new system, which albeit cheaper than other next gen systems, is still much more than I can afford.

That's not to say I'll never get the Wii. But getting it anytime near its release date? Not when I'm paying twenty eight thousand a year in tuition...

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
rAt, I mock your lack of unhealthy, obsessive devotion to videogames. I'm in the same situation as you, but worse--I pay more tuition than you per year ($42,000), I have no job, I have tons of work to finish, and I have $9 in my checking account. But you know what? That doesn't really stop me from getting the games I want.

'bout 2 years ago, I had a choice--eat food and not be able to play videogames, or ration my money for food, and be able to buy an SP and lots of GBA games. So every day, the only thing I would eat would be a piece of chinese bread (like portuguese pineapple bread) and some tofu curds. If I was lucky, I would have enough money for a piece of fruit. And after 2 months of this, I was 10-20 pounds lighter, but had enough money to buy the games I wanted.

The moral of the story? You always have enough money to get the games you want. It's just a matter of starving yourself to get it. Heck, I'll take malnutrition, calcium deficiency, hunger pangs and headaches any day if I can get the games I want.

. . .it's a true story, btw. On the other hand, I don't think I want to go through that summer of starvation again. . .

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
maelstrom218 said:
rAt, I mock your lack of unhealthy, obsessive devotion to videogames. I'm in the same situation as you, but worse--I pay more tuition than you per year ($42,000), I have no job, I have tons of work to finish, and I have $9 in my checking account. But you know what? That doesn't really stop me from getting the games I want.

'bout 2 years ago, I had a choice--eat food and not be able to play videogames, or ration my money for food, and be able to buy an SP and lots of GBA games. So every day, the only thing I would eat would be a piece of chinese bread (like portuguese pineapple bread) and some tofu curds. If I was lucky, I would have enough money for a piece of fruit. And after 2 months of this, I was 10-20 pounds lighter, but had enough money to buy the games I wanted.

The moral of the story? You always have enough money to get the games you want. It's just a matter of starving yourself to get it. Heck, I'll take malnutrition, calcium deficiency, hunger pangs and headaches any day if I can get the games I want.

. . .it's a true story, btw. On the other hand, I don't think I want to go through that summer of starvation again. . .
That is the saddest story I have ever read. What the hell is wrong with you?

I will be prett upset if the new zelda is moved over to Wii, but me and my close friends decide we would all get diffrent consoles so we didn't miss out on something awsome, I wont mind getting a Wii.

Kais

Smash Ace
The rAt said:
Yes, if this becomes a Wii title, and not just a Gamecube game with Wii-specific features, at least seventeen heads are going to roll. I don't particularly care which ones, most likely the first seventeen I see. Ain't no way I can afford to buy a Wii just to play the Zelda game that I've been waiting two + years to play on my Gamecube. I'm assuming I'm not the only one...

Andy
Definitely not. Though I am planning to buy the Wii, it would have been great if TP was the last great GCN game. Plus this means that it might not include the same type of gameplay as it would have with the gamecube. Those statements might be obvious, but I just wanted to see them posted. Tis how I feel about it after all.

~Kais

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Eoringlas=best response.

I'm interested to see what is shown at E3 not only to regain interest but to keep TP from becoming buried by all of the other new games.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
maelstrom218 said:

That's pretty much what I am going to be doing in college. Maybe I'll alternate from cup noodles to cookies. If I feel good that day, I might even eat from the McDonald's dollar menu.

Top Bottom