• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
So now that there's a set release date, are there any special offers like there was with Wind Waker. You know, like hypothetically, I reserve twilight princess and get a copy of the Zelda Collector's edition or something?

DonT

Smash Cadet
Can't wait to get this right here

Already got it reserved

Ready to swing my sword around like I'm in a samurai movie!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm tempted to just get the GC version. I'd rather use my cube controller than the Wii's rather complicated soundig setup. Shame I'd miss out on Wii fishing though.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Mic_128 said:
I'm tempted to just get the GC version. I'd rather use my cube controller than the Wii's rather complicated soundig setup. Shame I'd miss out on Wii fishing though.
Same .

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
DonT said:
Ready to swing my sword around like I'm in a samurai movie!!!
You're not going to swing your sword with the controller, that will still be a button. The Wii will just have some smaller changes, like using the pointer to aim with the bow.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I was never found of "little" Link...used to annoy me alot, reasons why I never played Majora's Mask and umm...that other one that came out for the GC where Link was young only...forgot what it's name was.

Anyways, I'm just very happy that this new Zelda game, Link looks to be fully matured all the way, which I am very thankful for. This game looks good, and I look forward to it.

kaid

Smash Master
Fdv said:
You're not going to swing your sword with the controller, that will still be a button. The Wii will just have some smaller changes, like using the pointer to aim with the bow.
Actually, you swing your sword (spin attack) with the Nunchaku. Link is left handed.

SirAileron

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirAileron
3DS FC
4339-2495-8012
I sense that in the future, Zelda fans will all be skinny... from swinging around the wiimote. :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Paranoid_Android said:
kid-Link is the classic Link, though, like it or not. He's been in every Zelda game except for (to my knowledge) OoT, a brief Fiercy Diety appearance in Majora's Mask, and TP.
He was in OoT, the first 3rd or so, and then constant time travel back to being Ylink the rest of the game. He was in all of MMask, but not in TP.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I know that the trophy in Melee says the same thing but what gives? In the first Zelda Link was a young adult not a kid. I bet if someone counted the ratio of young link to adult link is pretty close.

Zink

Smash Champion
Actually, going by the instruction booklet for the first Zelda, Link is intended to be a kid. He is older in the second one.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I didn't even think about the left-handed thing.
That might be way pushing your right arm forward makes him whack with his shield.
Then again, you swing your sword normally with your right hand...:p

I'm kinda a little disappointed,. though. The spin attack felt very satisfying to do by rotating and hitting the button. It seemed more challenging than just whipping your left write, ya know?
Ah, well. I really do wonder which version will be acknowledged more by critics.
That will probably wind up being the one I get. I don't always listen to game reviewers, since I really enjoyed a lot of N64 games they didn't like, but as far as games this generation go, I've been led to some amazing experiences I would've overlooked if it weren't for them.

I can't help but wonder just how good it will be. It looks amazing, but at the same time...it looks like more of the same at this point. I worry a bit that it may be too easy like Wind Waker. But we'll see.
I have faith that it'll be worth the wait.

Zink

Smash Champion
I would bet that they toned down the difficulty for E3. So I think that won't be a problem.
I hope they have at least 1 trading sequence for a leet weapon. Those are fun!

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Destiny Smasher said:
Yea, I didn't even think about the left-handed thing.
That might be way pushing your right arm forward makes him whack with his shield.
Then again, you swing your sword normally with your right hand...:p

I'm kinda a little disappointed,. though. The spin attack felt very satisfying to do by rotating and hitting the button. It seemed more challenging than just whipping your left write, ya know?
Ah, well. I really do wonder which version will be acknowledged more by critics.
That will probably wind up being the one I get. I don't always listen to game reviewers, since I really enjoyed a lot of N64 games they didn't like, but as far as games this generation go, I've been led to some amazing experiences I would've overlooked if it weren't for them.

I can't help but wonder just how good it will be. It looks amazing, but at the same time...it looks like more of the same at this point. I worry a bit that it may be too easy like Wind Waker. But we'll see.
I have faith that it'll be worth the wait.
Well, I'm positive I remember reading, long before there were any delays, that the more mature theme would carry over into the difficulty level, also. Which only makes sense, many of the people who played the NES Zeldas when they came out are probably a large portion of who the more mature audience is that the game is being aimed at.

And I hadn't noticed either how Link is left-handed. Man, that's such a letdown. Even doing things like using the clawshot, or nocking an arrow and firing it, is all left-handed. I imagine there was some reason all the Zelda games so far were like that, but now I don't even know if I want the Wii or GC versions, just because the Wiimote in my right hand might not work as well in translating to Link's left hand... Nah, what am I saying, I'll get the Wii version, just for the heck of it. Besides, if it's really that bad, I can always trade it in for the GC version.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
blaksheap82 said:
Well, I'm positive I remember reading, long before there were any delays, that the more mature theme would carry over into the difficulty level, also. Which only makes sense, many of the people who played the NES Zeldas when they came out are probably a large portion of who the more mature audience is that the game is being aimed at.

And I hadn't noticed either how Link is left-handed. Man, that's such a letdown. Even doing things like using the clawshot, or nocking an arrow and firing it, is all left-handed. I imagine there was some reason all the Zelda games so far were like that, but now I don't even know if I want the Wii or GC versions, just because the Wiimote in my right hand might not work as well in translating to Link's left hand... Nah, what am I saying, I'll get the Wii version, just for the heck of it. Besides, if it's really that bad, I can always trade it in for the GC version.
NES Zelda was WAY harder than it should have been. Being hit by darknut (I hate them:mad:)
I had to get a blue ring by the fourth dungeon.

I think TP will be slightly harder than WW but not by much. Remember Nintendo is trying to attract the non-gaming audience into the gaming world. Getting them into a good franchise like Zelda is the main point. So it shouldn't be too hard for non-gamers but it must bring a challenge for Pro-Gamers like ourselves.

Perhaps they may have a difficulty level? Easy, Normal, Hard. That simple.

Because of the complex puzzles in Zelda games, especially this one. (Have you seen the walkthrough of the demo?) (Rhetorical question). A much mature audience, let's say 10+, looks good to me.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
OoT wasn't huge, OoT was and is still the best game that excists on this planet. No one has been able to surpase this superior game yet. And now, the creators of this masterpiece are about to do it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
...I have no idea what you were trying to say, but I was speaking in physical terms. The world of Twilight Princess is supposed to be larger than OoT's world, which was (and still is) very impressive.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Seriously, you guys are over-reacting. The only reason why Link being left handed would be an issue is if you were actually swinging his sword in first person with the wiimote. But you are not. Aiming with the projectile weapons will not be an issue at all, because you are just using a cursor to aim. And for the spin attack, that is one tiny thing, and you are doing it with your left hand anyway. You don't need to swap hands.

A while ago, Miyamoto hinted at the next Zelda title after this being different, perhaps with the wiimote controlling the sword. If they ever do that, Link may just have to become ambidextrous.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
A while ago, Miyamoto hinted at the next Zelda title after this being different, perhaps with the wiimote controlling the sword. If they ever do that, Link may just have to become ambidextrous.
He said that before TP had Wii controls. He probably meant that because the next Zeldas would use the wiimote that they would be different. Except now TP is already using the wiimote. Using swinging actions to control the sword was determined to be "too hard" but i wouldn't be suprised if they went back on that.

Now we'll just have to wait and see if a version of zelda built specifically for the wii turns out any different.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I bet you pick lefty or righty at the beginning. It'll become a tradition like picking a name.
You could have been facetious with that statement, but every screenshot I've seen has the sword in the left hand, and since the majority of the world is right-handed, I doubt you'll be able to choose.

Chill, I agree about them probably using the Wiimote for the sword later; it doesn't take a brainiac to see how the Wiimote will be used in a Star Wars game.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the 95+ pages I don't think anyone said this *although someone probaly did (but I'm too lazy too read ALL OF THEM)*, is Princess Zelda at least a playable character in the game? I looked it up in Wiki and all I got were RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS *I probably didn't read the updates*

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, maybe because that would be *gasp* different?

I mean, for Din's sake, have you seen her art? She has a SWORD. Now, why would Zelda have a sword if she wasn't going to DO anything with it?
She actually looks COOL, not fairy-princess.
Besides, can you imagine how cool it would be if she combined her magic with some sword-fighting? Or just magic, even, I think I'd have a blast beating on people with Zelda's magic alone.

I really WANT to play as Zelda, that would be amazing, and you KNOW Nintendo has at least considered it, even if they're not doing it in TP.
Geez, frankly, I just want them to go out and take RISKS with the series, do some crazy stuff like that. Wind Waker took some risks, and it turned out to be an amazing game, and so did Majora's Mask, and THAT was an amazing game, too.
And they were both still definitely Zelda games.
So here's hoping that Nintendo knows that this game can't just be 'another Zelda' it needs to be, as I believe Iwata put it, "120%."

We've got TWO amazing-looking adventure games coming out this fall--Okami and Twilight Princess. Coincidentally, they both star wolves.
I wonder which one will be looked at as a better game by the gaming populace?
I mean, no offense to TP, but Okami's wolf mechanics look better than Link's did way back a year and a half ago.
Of course, that was a year and a half ago, so I'm sure by now they're smooth and awesome. I'm hoping they did that with Epona, as well.

The funny thing is we've known about this game for over a couple years now, but really, what do we actually KNOW about it? We've seen maybe 1% of the game in these past years. Imagine what it'll be like when the game comes out anfd everyone starts discovering everything.
Okami will have to keep me occupied until then, as I'm sure it will.

Ala Wiki:

"Zelda is the cloaked figure that is seen in some trailers. She can be found within the Twilight Realm, but is unable to stop it spreading across Hyrule. It is unknown whether she is the Twilight Princess of the game's title. In an earlier piece of artwork, she is depicted wearing a dress and holding a sword. Whether or not she will fight in the game has not been confirmed since then. She will not be taking up her traditional role according to Aonuma."

It doesn't say where Aonuma said that, but I definitely remember him saying that (or something similar) at some point. I'd imagine that Ganon will have a different role of some type as well, what-not with the "[we are] preparing more than you could possibly ever, ever, ever expect" quote regarding him.

All I can say is I'm actually HAPPY that I hardly know a thing about this game, and I hope to hardly learn a thing until I get to play it.
I just hope I'll be able to get a copy of it when it releases--I still don't know which version I want, as I haven't been able to pick up a Wii-mote and test it out myself, etc.

*checks*
Oh, wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that...
The people of Link's home village...aren't Hylian. They have round ears. But Link and Zelda definitely still have pointy ears. Interesting.
(There's also a Bullet Bill on the shirt of one of those freaky clown dudes)

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Destiny Smasher,

That would be great to play as Zelda. I mean, look at Peach, she has her own game and this time she is not the "damsel-in-distress" in this one for once. Mario is the 'hero-in-distress' lol

Also, Peach had some roles in the Paper Mario series. So this is probably what Nintendo could consider doing, by making her have a minor role in the game and then later on start off by making her the main hero of the game.

NOW, it will be a zelda game with the right character name for it!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
DS, you're right, even Links "girlfriend" has round ears. Wouldn't it be interesting if this wasn't the "real" Hyrule Link was protecting? If instead it was some alternate world that would explain how it could take place between OoT and WW. Maybe Ganondorf has the power to travel between these two worlds? Why do only Link and Zelda have the pointy ears?

That would suck if that was the story because now we now what it is.

Top Bottom