• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Theboredone, I think you're missing his point, he's basically asking two questions:

1. Would it ever be justified for an armed revolution against benders?

2. Is it reasonable to believe that it has passed this threshold?

I'll also point out that his methods are explicitly non-lethal as presented, probably for pr purposes but his terrorist stage has been completely non-lethal. I doubt that he had "off-screen lethality" for that reason.

Kal

Smash Champion
Did anyone notice, in episode 7, that Lin was stabbing a mecha over and over, and you could see the driver dodging the stabs inside. Then, it shows this:

Basically an off-screen kill. Thought it was pretty awesome, and I didn't catch it on my first watch through.

Oh, and I found an interview with the Legend of Korra creators about the season finale. No spoilers about the finale itself (though there are spoilers about the episodes leading up to it), but they do reveal that General Iroh is Zuko's grandson, not his son.

Sully

Smash Cadet
I just caught up on the series. I really like it. Especially how the climax of the story began at like the 3rd episode.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i hope we find out who lin's father is somewhat soon

mostly because i want to see the brave soul who got romantically involved with toph

Kal

Smash Champion
I mentioned earlier, Tai, that I think it might be Sokka. The only concern is that this would make Lin and Tenzin cousins, which would be a bit taboo for an American kids show. But there are a few hints at Toph having a crush on Sokka in TLA, and the Avatar comic "The Promise" (kind of) hinted at a relationship between Suki and Zuko.

Anyway, it's probably not Sokka. >_>

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I mentioned earlier, Tai, that I think it might be Sokka. The only concern is that this would make Lin and Tenzin cousins, which would be a bit taboo for an American kids show. But there are a few hints at Toph having a crush on Sokka in TLA, and the Avatar comic "The Promise" (kind of) hinted at a relationship between Suki and Zuko.

Anyway, it's probably not Sokka. >_>
yeah, i just watched all of TLA last week, so toph's crush-type thingy for sokka is still fresh in my head.

i thought about it being sokka, but i figured it wasn't because there were a few instances where it could've been mentioned but it wasn't.... pretty much every time where they mention lin being toph's daughter, they could (and by convention, should) have mentioned her being sokka's daughter somewhere. like, in one of the first episodes where in is being a ***** to korra and korra talks about how lin should get along with her (korra) because toph and aang were good friends, she could've mentioned sokka if he were lin's father. there were probably a few other instances where it would've been super easy and convenient to mention "daughter of sokka" in the storyline, but i don't remember specifically.

so pretty much, if sokka is the father, then it's sorta ****-move writing to do a bad job hiding it just so they can let it be a twist later on.

Kal

Smash Champion
Well, I thought, if Sokka is the father, that they intentionally avoided mentioning it to make the reveal more exciting, as a throwback to the fans. Like I said, the fact that it would make Tenzin and Lin cousins is better evidence to me that Sokka is not Lin's father.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lin is way too serious to be the child of Toph and Sokka.

I like the part of the article that says the creators of the show have ideas for stuff past Book 2 (which is 14 episodes). :)

Amon is defs a bad guy. His voice is too sexy to be otherwise ;) Also the way he said how Republic City is going to belong to the Equalists instead of something like we're going to liberate the city makes me think Amon is a villain.

Kal

Smash Champion
Well, there were times where Sokka was as serious as Lin, like with regards to staying on schedule in Book 3. It wouldn't be that out there for Lin to have Sokka as a father.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Toph is pretty sarcastic and jokes around too.

I think Sokka was either with Suki in the end, or single because of his connection to Yue.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Also the way he said how Republic City is going to belong to the Equalists instead of something like we're going to liberate the city makes me think Amon is a villain.
Well, I think that all depends on how you look at it. While the Equalists aren't exactly the most friendly buncha people in the Avatar world, they are fighting on behalf of an ideal, specifically one geared towards bringing equality to Benders and non-Benders. That in and of itself is something that goes well beyond themselves. If previous institutions and/or ideals have to go in order to ensure that everyone is under the same aegis, however, so be it. You don't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

But, yeah. On the whole I'd agree with somebody saying that Amon and his rebels are raging douchebags.

And I can think of a million and one other instances where Sokka is pretty damn serious. He is the "jokes" and comic relief of the group, but on the whole I think his character sticks to following his INSTINCTS (lulz) and his "warrior-borne" pragmatism (oftentimes failing in the process of upholding either).

Smooth Criminal

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, and remember that episode with the fortune teller? Sokka was really headstrong and serious about being logical in that episode.

Also, no matter how big of a douche bag you consider Amon, he's still a magnificent *******.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I hope future seasons of this show aren't going to have as small amounst of episodes as this one did.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Next season's only going to have 14 episodes (as opposed to this season's 12). That's unlikely

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, and remember that episode with the fortune teller? Sokka was really headstrong and serious about being logical in that episode.
Gif from that very episode pertaining to that:

"THEY'RE JUST CLOUDS!"

Also, no matter how big of a douche bag you consider Amon, he's still a magnificent *******.
I don't know what kind of expletive goes there, but thumbs up/I agree! xD

Smooth Criminal

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm picturing Toph and Sokka as a married couple right now and I can't stop laughing.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Tarrlok and then Amon are defs my favourite characters in the show :)

I'm also pro Suki and Sokka but Yue would have been better :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Amon, Tenzin, Lin, the Airbender children, and Bolin are da best.

Wow that's pretty much the majority of the cast right there. I can't choose between them. :(

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
In the context of the show he's supposed to be an antivillian but so far there is little reason to sympathize with him. I mean we know his parents were killed but they only briefly touched on that and left it alone ever since. Right now he's more of a straight up villian. But ignoring how he is portrayed and considering what he stands for, I think he is more of an antihero- he portrays the Everyman and their struggle against oppressive benders in pursuit of equality through questionable means. Batman's long lost brother IMO. :shrugs:

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
IMO he's more like Ra's al Ghul than batman. That's the person who wanted to change the world for the better through force, batman wanted to do the same but vowed never to take a life or harm any innocent people to do so.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I hope the season finale is more resolution than cliff hanger. I don't want to wait 5+ months just to have something conclude in the first few episodes of season 2.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I just watched the season finale of wilfred and it did just that boredone. Except I think season 2 starts soon and the ending really mind ****ed me. Either way...Korra's tomorrow and I'm actually quite pumped. Bets on how it's going to end? I say she loses and runs away alone.

Kal

Smash Champion
Wow, that actually made me laugh out loud. "We don't break the rules. We bend them."

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just watched the season finale of wilfred and it did just that boredone. Except I think season 2 starts soon and the ending really mind ****ed me. Either way...Korra's tomorrow and I'm actually quite pumped. Bets on how it's going to end? I say she loses and runs away alone.
Here's my prediction.

Amon will try to take her bending away, Korra goes Avatar State and whips some ***. Team Avatar wins the battle, but not the war. When Korra comes back to normal, she can't do any bending. But because she was able to bend in the Avatar state, she isn't THAT depressed about it and knows there's a way to get it back.

Or this happens, I dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88nyKBLOP0U

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Obviously, a lot of stuff is going to be revealed, like whose character is who, what’s the history of what, is someone going to live or die or are they not going to make it. But yes, Bolin’s character, as I say a lot, he does grow. He gets older but stays true to his happy-go-lucky persona.
Did I read that right? Is there gonna be some time skip later on, or did he just mean mentally?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This is def my favorite show on right now. At least I have a bunch of other shows to hold me over.

I really how it's not an epic cliffhanger. I won't sleep for days.

:phone:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
There's going to be a season 2.
Which we know nothing about.

No release date. Barely any information. For all we know everyone dies tomorrow and Book 2 is everyone in the spirit world.

Oh god I'm going to die this is cruel I hate everyone.

Top Bottom