• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Last Bill - Chapel Hill, NC- April 24/25 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee

null55

Smash Master
Well I think Yayuhz and PP are winners here. I wanna here epic things while eating in Chapel Hill!
smith how much cocaine have you been doing???? these recent posts of yours have been a mix between a horny soccer mom and a ******.

so this is what pokémon does to little people :urg:
they were right

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i edgeguard mk's all the time. even with ROB. it's not that bad.
well... yeah... but to be safe and when ur in the lead, there is no need to approach. i edge guard mk with snake, but he has a really good edge guard against mk :) if u know how to setup nades and c4 properly.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hey Bill, I'm probably going to bring SD cards to record my matches and what not. Are you OK with that?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
smith how much cocaine have you been doing???? these recent posts of yours have been a mix between a horny soccer mom and a ******.

they were right
It's okay to let me be slightly funny every now and then.

Jon?

Smash Champion
@MK edge guarders - I edge guard with Kirby's hammer. Sup?

@RocketPSI - we should friendly, we've never played before.

@Bill - you should enter Brawl for old time sakes.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell

they were right
uhhh...That post is serious.
lol
you jagged *****

null55

Smash Master
what a bunch of mushy bull****.

**** your enemies. kill your friends.

hate/pain = power

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
^most entertaining commentator

ever since that herb 3 stream it made me kinda realize people dont wanna hear Whats EXACTLY going on in the match...they wanna be entertained and after that my commentary has made a huge step up

just saying

/d-riding
so yeah, if karn still has my stuff when i get to his house livestream will be happening here. and commentary .

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I'm disgusted by the Brawl community/mindset more and more.

I read that entire thread that Keith posted and I posted there and I'll say it again here.

If you can't beat somebody without timing them out, you just can't beat them.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I'm disgusted by the Brawl community/mindset more and more.

I read that entire thread that Keith posted and I posted there and I'll say it again here.

If you can't beat somebody without timing them out, you just can't beat them.
I agree with you to a point Josh, but it's clear you've never ever played Brawl for any length of time, because that game is retardedly unbalanced and timing people out is just about the only way you can win some matchups (I hate this, but whatevs. I don't play Brawl)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I've been around Brawl since it came out as an indirect result of people hosting Melee/Brawl together so I know that already.

The fact that this is the case is a testament to how blatantly terrible a game Brawl is.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@lee- what? what Mu do u need to time out to win? the only i can thing of is wario V D3... and im a patient brawl player so thats saying alot
@josh- i dont think m2k timed him out at MLG, he was just saying that if he ever did, Ally would probably not want to be friends. (which i think is childish)

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Clearly if they make mistakes you don't need to time out, because you can just punish them. But if they know that's what you're going to do and take steps to minimize whiffed moves (and trips), why take the risk of actually fighting them when timing them out is just as effective (ie, a game win)? IIRC G&W and MK both have a frame-perfect plank, and MK can fly under the stage to minimize edge grabs.

Keep in mind this is all a legitimate Brawl tactic to me, I don't care if you time me out in tourney (if I ever played Brawl).

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
@lee- what? what Mu do u need to time out to win? the only i can thing of is wario V D3... and im a patient brawl player so thats saying alot
@josh- i dont think m2k timed him out at MLG, he was just saying that if he ever did, Ally would probably not want to be friends. (which i think is childish)
That's not the impression I was given. The posts seem to make it seem like that was the only way M2K was winning. But if that's the case, good **** to Jason.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea m2k was giving an example saying if he had timed Ally out, ally would have been real mad.. but josh, it does happen and it is gay, i will agree with u. but... ehhh it just an obstacle u learn to get around. u play smart i nthe beginning, they cant time u out.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I've never been timed out but I would be kinda pissed of someone did do it. Then I would be over it in like 2 seconds. Win or Lose I always say good game to my opponent.

Top Bottom