• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kone Invitational - The UKs First REAL Brawl Tournament. 24/05/08 <-confirmed!

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I hope we all agree this is an amazing tourney name. Going to host the first proper Brawl tourney end of May. As I did first proper melee tourny. Housing is confirmed. ,, got the place to myself and it'll be empty having moved my stuff out the previous week. Venue will be my place unless turnout looks to exceed 20 people, then ill use a community centre I have connections with.

Venue
---------

My House
Sunderland

Travel
---------

Go to sunderland by coach/train. If you cant get cheap tickets go to Newcastle upon Tyne and get the metro to UNiversity stop. This is near my place in Sunderland. Metty costs £2.80

Amenities
----------

Everything you need is within walking distance.

Singles
-------

£5
Best of 3
3 stock
6 minute time limit
Advanced Slob picks. (if u dont know ask)

Random Stages -

*Pokemon Stadium 1
*Smashville
*Battlefield
*Final Destination
*Starfox
*Yoshi Story
*Delfino Plaza

Slobs -

*Castle Siege
*Pit Stage
*Luigis Mansion
*Elektroplankton
*Brinstar (melee)
*Rainbow Ride
*Corneria

^ Missigng some, cant think of the top of my head. Update soon. If people want a stage on we are happy to debate :)

Doubles
----------

£10 per team
Best of 3
Same stages as above, maybe updated nearer time.

-----------------

Just thought me and Wes would get the ball rolling on this. Thread will be updated to look smarter soon. Post if your interested, would like to know those playign brawl that would like to come. Also, setups will be needed. Let me know if you have one.

Current setups :

SDB = 4

Anyone else?

Looking forwrd to this!

Ed

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
first post

=

first place

gooooo Man U!

ac_anon

Smash Ace
i cant be bothered waiting for 13th post

i think i can make this, its the day after all my exams end and i dont think i have anything else planned for then tho im not 100% sure yet

not played brawl yet so it could be a laugh

Kone

Smash Master
Aiko - if you dont agree with stage choices post your thoughts here. This is the right place for it, otherwise the thread may get a little dead conversation wise. Me and Wes have been liberal as we can be stage wise. As this is the first proper brawl tourney weve put alot on random in our opinion. As in the end of the day the tourney wont be as competitive as current melee tourneys so i want to see as many as possible in play before it heads melee style (if it does!!!!)

Piisuke : u live in england now? if so where?

Kone

Smash Master
99%. Ill talk to kate tonight and confirm she is away the weekend before. If thats right, then ill update thread title as date confirmed. As venue is most likely my place then it should be straight forward.

Also, tourney name wont be EDginning as its awful. More like The Kone Invitational

COEY

Smash Lord
Also, tourney name wont be EDginning as its awful. More like The Kone Invitational
Awesome idea wasn't the first UK wide melee tourney called The Doug Invitationals?

Gonna deffos make this Ed mate. Heard Joe was coming up for a visit sometime soon might come with then too. If that's alright with you man.

Kone

Smash Master
yeah the first two uk tourneys in melee were named the doug invitationals, thought id keep the tradition going. Ive told wes to update thread name :.

Will: tell joe itll be the 1st march weekend, and your both welcome to come up. Ill confirm that 2moro as im going to give everyone a ring. Then u guys can book. Should be me,wes,richy,neil,phil,you,joe,adam,scott,dan,jam and geoff. Good laff and decent mini brawl tourney ^^

COEY

Smash Lord
yeah the first two uk tourneys in melee were named the doug invitationals, thought id keep the tradition going. Ive told wes to update thread name :.

Will: tell joe itll be the 1st march weekend, and your both welcome to come up. Ill confirm that 2moro as im going to give everyone a ring. Then u guys can book. Should be me,wes,richy,neil,phil,you,joe,adam,scott,dan,jam and geoff. Good laff and decent mini brawl tourney ^^
Safe man sounds good.

Amea

Smash Cadet
Greetings to all posters, i'm relatively new here still, but have been lurking for a while.

I think this sounds like a great idea, i should in theory be more than polished up for Brawling since i currently own the game, so i will definetely consider going.

As for the stage selections for a tourney i think the randoms are perfect for this, i must also say that i like the decently large selection of them to, so i'm 100% for the random stages.

Kone

Smash Master
Amea - I was really hoping that even though brawl wouldnt be released int he UK in time for my tournament that id still be able to attract new players, so its great to see your interest. Would you be able to bring a setup if you made it? The cheapest way to get from london to any tournament is by coach with a funfare. If you booked early you could get to sunderland for under £20 return. Thats if you dont mind teh long trip ;). Also, you online ? ill have the net 2moro so should be able tog et games in with you.

Ed

Amea

Smash Cadet
Amea - I was really hoping that even though brawl wouldnt be released int he UK in time for my tournament that id still be able to attract new players, so its great to see your interest. Would you be able to bring a setup if you made it? The cheapest way to get from london to any tournament is by coach with a funfare. If you booked early you could get to sunderland for under £20 return. Thats if you dont mind teh long trip ;). Also, you online ? ill have the net 2moro so should be able tog et games in with you.

Ed
Hey there Kone, thanks for your info, i was browsing tickets last night by train direct from kings cross and the return is like £80 or something close to that, i was like WOW! but the coach sounds like a good idea, i really don't mind sitting on one for long...as long as i have some J-Rock to listen to :chuckle:

Anyhow now i will consider the trip even more, i am quite new to some of this lingo buisness such as setup, but by that i use common sense and i imagine you mean, my wii, my copy of SSBX and my CC aswell as GC pads...unless it is a BYOC type tourney lol which i also imagine it is. Cut a short story long yes i can do that if i go.

Yes i am online, mind you i haven't anyones Brawl code or wii code for that matter, but hey...anyhow i'm sure you have noticed that under my username is my info :p

I''l be active and in touch.

Regards,
James

VA

Smash Hero
Yeh I'll be in Canada, living. So I'll prolly be enjoying the brawl scene there XD

VA

Smash Hero
aww, lol, I'll be back wreaking samus havok all over the UK in September/October.

But 5 months without VA? oh god how will you all cope.

VA

Smash Hero
that'll be awesome! Nah I'm not gone for long anyway, I'll be back in September/October maybe to go to uni.

I'm maining Ness btw, so if anyone fancies cosplaying lucas to the last melee tournament I'll go as ness and if there is any kind of brawl side event I'll team it'll be ****.

Ryan go as G&W to ALT please.

VA

Smash Hero
you'll miss brawl LOL

I'm getting brawl next week. It's shipped and my wii is off in manchester getting chipped up.

Top Bottom