• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kone Invitational - The UKs First REAL Brawl Tournament. 24/05/08 <-confirmed!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I heard June 08 from some thread, (which had a source, but not direct to Nintendo themselfs, so it's probably not true) in the General Brawl Discussion.

It's more than likely that Nintendo will say June or later now, May seems too close for them to say, "Game is going be released in two months.". I think they'll let us know something when the US release happens.

ATM however I don't mind, brawl is 100% complete and burning now. I'll have it ready for playing after tomorrow, hopefully, when I come back from Game Force.

craiigg

Smash Lord
IGN put up May 08 with their interview with Sakurai, it's the only date im not 100% skeptical about

Amea

Smash Cadet
I believe the PAL release is on 6th of June.

ps. Tester BRAWL recording has been uploaded to my signatures account :D

Kone

Smash Master
Whered you here june? as if thats a real date ill shift my tournament back two weeks to get more people turning up!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Well, Like I said, The general discussion boards of Brawl.
Although everything out of there is unreliable to be honest.
I wish I made a post in the thread, therefore I could get back to the source easier.

Kone

Smash Master
The date for this is confirmed. Ill be updating the first post 2moro. Can i ask you guys to link any UK players you see on the boards via pm ? or link threads that seem to have UK posters. Its cheap but itd be nice to get some new blood in for may. I did this before in the early days of melee and it worked.

Ed

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is this open to anyone from outside of the UK? Cause I might be interested in showing up if it fits with my school schedule. Maybe my brother and/or Rune might want to show up as well.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
OH **** MATT!!

you guys gotta come :O what better way to herald in the new era of uk smash than with mrsilver an rune!? an G!?

Kone

Smash Master
Sonic : just grab you and your mates and head up. Im sure you guys will enjoy yourselves. First brawl tourney and all.

Matt: You know you,guido and rune are more than welcome :) . Fly into Newcastle if you can, if not we will look into other options. Would be great to see you all.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Ed, Jam, Allan- you guys ought to get all the old school players back into the scene since us new guys don't know what your talking about :laugh:

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Matt, Rune and Guido O_O

I'm interested in going as well. I'll look into stuff in a bit.

Also, I can bring a Wii + Japanese copy of the game.

Kone

Smash Master
^ Ill have up more vids later tonight. Will have : Kone v Jam5, Jam5 v Coey, Coey v jo3, GAwes v Coey and GAwes v Sos.

Top five of the bracket.

TKI will be awesome. Please people if you see new blood knocking about on the forums isue them this way.

I will be updating the first post this week after ive got all my Uni work done. It'll include a list of those itnerested inc oming so please post if you are.

Coen: Nice seeing your interest.

VA

Smash Hero
Neither will I lol.

Not because I don't want to, because I can't.

Brawl is freakin' amazing.

Kone

Smash Master
z:no need to post then ;)

Looking forward to this. Had fun playing sdb at weekend and looking forward to playing everyone else. Robby just dont go to canada =p lol

AmcD

Smash Ace
I think the stages should be changed. Ill let you know which stages over the next few days.

VA

Smash Hero
I agree.

Skyworld is a big no no as it would destroy any kind of actual skillful gameplay, that stage is awful and dying is so random on it.

COEY

Smash Lord
Don't counter pick it then lol. I personally don't like a few of the stages on the list but Brawl is a brand new game, and in skyworlds case as it doesnt have walk off sides or anything on the level that can damage you (i think) then its possible it will stay on a counter pick list for alot of tourneys. I mean i hate it but thats not the point. I think what Ed is trying to do with TKI is to put too many stages on and not too few, i mean its gonna be a tourney for money but being the first national tourney it should also have an element of the fun. As far as i see it the stages on the random list need to be neutral, but counter pick stages dont really have to be, just look at melee counter stages especially in American tourneys. The fact that a stage can have advantages to a character is why youd counter pick it, and if you do get counter picked on skyworld you will probably have won a game, so win another lol.

Kone

Smash Master
Cheers guys ^_^ and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSEPH WHOOPLA

RE: Stages. Delfino/Metaknight stage that flips will be put as counter. There is NOTHING at this stage to suggest any of the 6 on random should be removed. Realise in melee it took years to minimilise the stage selection in tournaments. Why limit it already in the first tournament?

I may remove elektroplankton from counter OR put on alot of other stages on counter. Links ship is going on counter now aswell. Decided its ok for time being.

Top Bottom