• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Iron Fist - Heihachi Mishima

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm extremely optimistic on the possibility of Heihachi being a DLC fighter in the second wave of DLC. I personally don't think the fifth Fighters Pass character will be from Namco, and if what I believe turns out to be true then I'm gonna go as far to say that Heihachi is the top contender for a Namco rep in wave 2.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys I’m so broken-hearted, I cannot bare it
View attachment 245167
We’re in the clear tiger it’s fake

All of the mii costumes are wrong

As a matt r of fact are boy really up his chances

The Akira and jacky outfits came back but not heihachi that’s significant

But it could still be right about doom guy as character 5 though since that suposivly leaked cacodemon outfit wasn’t revealed either

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Heihachi survived! At this point, the two remaining fighting games that should get representation are Tekken and Mortal Kombat, so hope he makes it in a some point.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
This might sound really strange considering the scenario that happened last month and the fact that I've never played a Tekken game, but Heihachi just oozes style and uniqueness from what I can tell.

I, for one, would not be disappointed if he came in. Not in the slightest.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Over on the Geno thread, it was brought up that the Heihachi Mii costume wasn't brought back because doing just that would be disrespectful to the late Unsho Ishizuka, Heihachi's voice actor in the latest Tekken games. I'm bringing this up because I've also seen people use this same argument as to why Heihachi wouldn't be made playable, out of respect for his late voice actor, and I want to know what everyone here thinks of that.

Honestly, I don't see the problem there. Yeah, Ishizuka's passing is tragic, but Heihachi has been recasted before, with Ishizuka himself filling in for Heihachi's previous deceased voice actor, Daisuke Goro. I could see Heihachi being made playable in Smash with a recasted voice. Either a brand new voice actor entirely, or one of Heihachi's previous still-living voice actors like Banjo Ginga from the first Tekken game (insert Banjo-Kazooie joke here).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Over on the Geno thread, it was brought up that the Heihachi Mii costume wasn't brought back because doing just that would be disrespectful to the late Unsho Ishizuka, Heihachi's voice actor in the latest Tekken games. I'm bringing this up because I've also seen people use this same argument as to why Heihachi wouldn't be made playable, out of respect for his late voice actor, and I want to know what everyone here thinks of that.

Honestly, I don't see the problem there. Yeah, Ishizuka's passing is tragic, but Heihachi has been recasted before, with Ishizuka himself filling in for Heihachi's previous deceased voice actor, Daisuke Goro. I could see Heihachi being made playable in Smash with a recasted voice. Either a brand new voice actor entirely, or one of Heihachi's previous still-living voice actors like Banjo Ginga from the first Tekken game (insert Banjo-Kazooie joke here).
That's silly, they're not gonna bring a Mii costume with Unsho Ishizuka's voice. And besides, Unsho voices Incineroar in the Japanese version of Smash, meaning Nintendo is totally fine with reusing his voice lines. As for Heihachi himself, I'm just gonna quote Sari Sari because he debunks the argument that Heihachi's character is done for because of the passing of his voice actor.

I missed some discussion on Tekken that happened a few pages back so I wanted to lend in my two cents on some recent news:

Today it was confirmed that Heihachi (as well as Jin and Kazuya) will be guest-starring in the King of Fighters All-Stars mobile game.

Why is this important? Because all of the characters in KoF All-Stars are fully voiced and AFAIK all of the voice-clips are completely brand new. They even got Takehito Koyasu (AKA Dio) to voice Shingo again after a +10 year hiatus of the character being voiced (not to mention most of the older KoF VA's who got replaced in XIV).

So Heihachi's appearance means one of two things:
  1. They got a new VA for Heihachi, eliminating any argument that Heihachi's character is done for due to his VA passing away.
  2. They are reusing his voice clips from Tekken 7, meaning Namco is fine with paying tribute to the late Unsho Ishizuka through recycled clips.
Granted I'm still not all that confident in Heihachi happening, but I just thought it'd be worth noting that his character isn't retired (at least for spin-off appearances such as Smash) as some have been saying because of the VA situation.
So this basically means that both Nintendo and Bandai Namco are fine with using recycled clips of the late Unsho Ishizuka.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Yes we did it! the Virtua Fighter costumes returned as i predicted, but no trace of Heihachi!
He's in, guys!
He's in, boys, we did it he said it
(Blows 2 Airhorns)

THANK GOODNESS Heihachi's Not a Mii Fighter Costume; and even though Geese doesn't get a Costume; It doesn't bother me, since he has 2 varients of his Musical themes in the 50 Tracks for DLC Pack 4; and He even makes a CAMEO in the KOF Stage. . . I'm too happy to be upset; besides, he's playable in Tekken 7; and I Can Still make a Mii Brawler out of Geese, and just say Predictabo whenever I pull off a Counter Throw(I Already did that anyways)

Heihachi survived! At this point, the two remaining fighting games that should get representation are Tekken and Mortal Kombat, so hope he makes it in a some point.
and Since Mai Shiranui has too Much Brass & Jiggle Physics to be included as a Cameo[Cereza at least Wears her Hair to cover her otherwise Doe Naked Body(Basically Buck naked female; since Bucks are Male Deers, and Does are Female Deers)], There's NO Way that MK will ever be in smash; due to how Gory the Entire Franchise is; MK doesn't fit smash(one of the 4 rules of sakurai for Character addition; the Character must fit well in Smash) so MK characters will never be in Smash; as such Tekken is MUCH more likely; especially if they made Terry work in Smash, even with him being a More Complicated Character with his Moveset being so diverse; they can TOTALLY make Heihachi Mishima work in Smash; Especially since the Old Man was initially Planned for SSB4, But there wasn't enough time to make a moveset for him; Plus He can be the First DLC Character to be an Outright VILLAIN Character; so far; all the characters so far are either heroes or the Protagonist; While Heihachi has been a Protagonist before, He's also a VILLAIN, due to how many people he's screwed over, He's committed Child Abuse to his own sons, and is all around a Big B&st@rd

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With Terry having a backwards special, should Heihachi have a backwards tilt?

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
With Terry having a backwards special, should Heihachi have a backwards tilt?
Sure Why Not; I Mean Terry made things a bit more Interesting & Complex; why not give Heihachi the most Interesting Moveset of All; It'll be quite an endeavour to incorporate the Mechanics of Tekken into Smash; but If He can make Terry's Moveset work, complete with simplified versions of the variations of the commands(which Ryu & ken Should've already had so that ANYONE who hasn't played any fighting game that's NOT Smash, can do the variants of the Special Attacks. . .) maybe he could do a Miracle & Make Heihachi a Powerful character, that's got SO Much Moveset potential, and could give a challenge to those who want to use him

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Why is almost everyone else on this board completely overlooking what could only be described as a smoking gun for Heihachis chances?

I get that a majority of the general thread want Lloyd and Geno, but if there was any time to bring that costume back, it should’ve been today.

And I know people will say that he would just be revealed alongside the Namco rep. But going by that logic, the Virtua Fighter costumes should’ve came with Joker (since its a Sega franchise, I believe)

ganjo

Smash Cadet
Why is almost everyone else on this board completely overlooking what could only be described as a smoking gun for Heihachis chances?

I get that a majority of the general thread want Lloyd and Geno, but if there was any time to bring that costume back, it should’ve been today.

And I know people will say that he would just be revealed alongside the Namco rep. But going by that logic, the Virtua Fighter costumes should’ve came with Joker (since its a Sega franchise, I believe)
Because sadly the majority never played another fighting game besides Smash. But let them stay in their Lloyd echo chamber. Heihachi is far more likely anyways.
Fun thing i noticed: Terry's unique back special reminds me of that one Heihachi moveset video from a few pages back, where one proposed Heihachi shall get some unique down-stance inputs for low attacks. Also the cancelling function Terry has, was brought up there too.
Sakurai has proven complex fighting game characters fit right into Smash, so no roadblock for Heihachi is left anymore!

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Because sadly the majority never played another fighting game besides Smash. But let them stay in their Lloyd echo chamber. Heihachi is far more likely anyways.
Fun thing i noticed: Terry's unique back special reminds me of that one Heihachi moveset video from a few pages back, where one proposed Heihachi shall get some unique down-stance inputs for low attacks. Also the cancelling function Terry has, was brought up there too.
Sakurai has proven complex fighting game characters fit right into Smash, so no roadblock for Heihachi is left anymore!
Plus, I think we should put on the brakes for JRPG representation for now. Almost all of the major ones have been covered now, why can’t the Fighting Game genre representation increase some more?

Oh, and to add to your point, everyone here assumed he was deconfirmed after
Terrys reveal, that we wouldn’t get another fighting game character, even though we had gotten Joker and Hero back to back.

It seems like any third party that isn’t a JRPG or borderline Nintendo property gets flak from this community. I really wish they’d go outside their bubble just a little bit more, maybe then Terry wouldn’t have gotten as much hate as he did

Last edited:

ganjo

Smash Cadet
Plus, I think we should put on the brakes for JRPG representation for now. Almost all of the major ones have been covered now, why can’t the Fighting Game genre representation increase some more?

Oh, and to add to your point, everyone here assumed he was deconfirmed after
Terrys reveal, that we wouldn’t get another fighting game character, even though we had gotten Joker and Hero back to back.

It seems like any third party that isn’t a JRPG or borderline Nintendo property gets flak from this community. I really wish they’d go outside their bubble just a little bit more, maybe then Terry wouldn’t have gotten as much hate as he did
Yes those RPG fans act very egoistical and don' want to give credit for the achievements fighting games did and without whom Smash wouldn't even exist in the first place.
Terry's lukewarm reception is a perfect example for this.
They act like the universe rotates around them and it is borderline annoying.
It was clear that Heihachi will not be a costume this time as they have more ressources this time and he deserves better than a mii costume. Lloyd fans are ridiculous thinking their character has priority when Tekken is far more iconic and better selling.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I openly welcome Heihachi bringing a new fighting game mechanic, like maybe having a few unique moves when facing away from the opponent? (Please, I just want the Mishima headbutt to be a kill throw!)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I was rewatching Ryu's trailer and the part at the end got my interest. Heihachi isn't part of Street Fighter yet his Mii costume got special treatment and appeared at Ryu's trailer. This makes Heihachi's Mii costume disappearance all the more bizarre. Sure the Mii costume might come back if another namco character is getting in as DLC, but I'd argue that Terry's presentation was the perfect time to drop his Mii costume.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I was rewatching Ryu's trailer and the part at the end got my interest. Heihachi isn't part of Street Fighter yet his Mii costume got special treatment and appeared at Ryu's trailer. This makes Heihachi's Mii costume disappearance all the more bizarre. Sure the Mii costume might come back if another namco character is getting in as DLC, but I'd argue that Terry's presentation was the perfect time to drop his Mii costume.

Yeah, there are so many reasons why Heihachi would've been perfect to drop either in the Mii presentation or as a joke in Terry's trailer as a callback to Ryu. It's super strange. My fingers are definitely crossed, and my immediate reaction when Heihachi didn't show up was that he's in, but I've learned not to count my chickens.

It's all very strange. I have to wonder if Sakurai's Pac-Man joke was a hint towards a Bamco character being number 5 and if so my heart is split into so many ways considering how much I want Heihachi, KOS-MOS, and Velvet or Lloyd, and how both Heihachi and Lloyd had costumes in 4...

Still, if it is Heihachi...please give us old Heihachi. I'm praying to you Sakurai.

ganjo

Smash Cadet
Yeah, there are so many reasons why Heihachi would've been perfect to drop either in the Mii presentation or as a joke in Terry's trailer as a callback to Ryu. It's super strange. My fingers are definitely crossed, and my immediate reaction when Heihachi didn't show up was that he's in, but I've learned not to count my chickens.

It's all very strange. I have to wonder if Sakurai's Pac-Man joke was a hint towards a Bamco character being number 5 and if so my heart is split into so many ways considering how much I want Heihachi, KOS-MOS, and Velvet or Lloyd, and how both Heihachi and Lloyd had costumes in 4...

Still, if it is Heihachi...please give us old Heihachi. I'm praying to you Sakurai.
It definitely was a nod towards them currently only having one character, despite making the game. And Heihachi is the most glaring omission from Namco. I would say both Old and Young Heihachi can be alts like the Hero alts or Joker's school uniform are. Old one would probably be the default, as the young one was only the default during the Tag Tournament 2 times when he appeared in other games as cameos. Maybe throw in his Tekken 7 outfit too into the mix

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It definitely was a nod towards them currently only having one character, despite making the game. And Heihachi is the most glaring omission from Namco. I would say both Old and Young Heihachi can be alts like the Hero alts or Joker's school uniform are. Old one would probably be the default, as the young one was only the default during the Tag Tournament 2 times when he appeared in other games as cameos. Maybe throw in his Tekken 7 outfit too into the mix
His Tekken 7 outfit would be amazing! My favorite Heihachi look. Like I say I've always liked him and the Tekken series but his story in 7 is what made me realize how legendary he really is.

Last edited:

Zakhara

Smash Rookie
The image above is interesting, but my hopes are that "combo-style" is not what they go for. Within his own series, Heihachi is known for suffocating pressure and poor mixups. I'd love to see him as the superior "on-shield offense" character.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
The image above is interesting, but my hopes are that "combo-style" is not what they go for. Within his own series, Heihachi is known for suffocating pressure and poor mixups. I'd love to see him as the superior "on-shield offense" character.
The two don't necessarily need to be mutually exclusive. Until tekken season 3 Heihachi was also the best character for dealing combo damage, and tbh I don't think it would be overpowered on him. Unless they let him movement cancel like in tekken he's probably gonna be no faster than ken, and without a projectile to bait approaches.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The KOF All-Star crossover with Tekken just released recently. As expected it seems Bandai Namco is alright with reusing voice lines of the late Unshō Ishizuka.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
The KOF All-Star crossover with Tekken just released recently. As expected it seems Bandai Namco is alright with reusing voice lines of the late Unshō Ishizuka.

Sora, Bamco and Nintendo are as well, I think. Incineroar was voiced by Ishizuka, so I don't think it'd be much of an issue. They did even pay respects to him when Incineroar was revealed.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Damn, the old man still alive in being likely fighter 5?
Let’s not jump the Gun just Yet, even though He is Guaranteed to be Coming, we still have to wait till the next Fighter Pass kick starts since we just got Terry recently.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice

If only it was on console or pc :(. But YES! That was one reason why people thought they couldn't bring Heihachi in. The more time passes, the more time I think the old man is coming.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
So I just found this thread, but what do i see here? Why is this thread so inactive compared to other support threads? I mean here we are taking about the best potential character to be included in Smash.
With Resident Evil gaining spirits in that one event, Monster Hunter having a boss and spirits since base-game and Gran Turismo being owned by Sony, we have Tekken left as the highest selling Japanese game fracnhise with 48 million units.
Sure there is that Pac-Man taunt, but it isn't even from a Tekken game, but from Galaga Tekken Edition. And if what the leakers say turns out to be true with Fighter Pass #5 not being a Namco character, it also means other characters weren't originally hold back from being added to Pac-Man's taunt because they are saved for Fighter Pass #5, but simply because they are not important enough and Sakurai was ok with them not being in Smash in any form.
So the taunt argument actually takes a 180° turn and speaks more in favour for Heihachi now because no other Namco character was planned when only one Fighter Pass and no DLC beyond existed. Even if Sakurai planned for more DLC, he still needs the budget from Nintendo as he can't fund the game development out of his own wallet and Nintendo would only continue DLC if the first Fighter Pass sold well. It did. That's why we re getting more DLC. But imagine it didn't sell well, like Smash 4 DLC did according to that one Sakurai interview. Then after Fighter Pass #5 the support would have ended and no additional DLC would be on its way. That means Heihachi was added to Psc-Man's taunt to be represented in some form, why other potential Namco characters weren't even considered because Sakurai would have been ok with them not being in the game at all. Simple as that. I think it really shows that all things considered Heihachi really has priority.
With his mii costume being held back when it would have fit best, Heihachi's future looks very bright and especially this:

It breaks every last argument against our old man, calling him retired or anything... The old man is still alive and kicking! And he will be in Smash! Tekken is too big of a franchise to be ignored, especially when Namco is making the game.
Imagine the dream match of Ryu vs Terry vs Heihachi. Smash would cement itself as the first time all this major fighting game franchises met in one single game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So I just found this thread, but what do i see here? Why is this thread so inactive compared to other support threads? I mean here we are taking about the best potential character to be included in Smash.
With Resident Evil gaining spirits in that one event, Monster Hunter having a boss and spirits since base-game and Gran Turismo being owned by Sony, we have Tekken left as the highest selling Japanese game fracnhise with 48 million units.
Sure there is that Pac-Man taunt, but it isn't even from a Tekken game, but from Galaga Tekken Edition. And if what the leakers say turns out to be true with Fighter Pass #5 not being a Namco character, it also means other characters weren't originally hold back from being added to Pac-Man's taunt because they are saved for Fighter Pass #5, but simply because they are not important enough and Sakurai was ok with them not being in Smash in any form.
So the taunt argument actually takes a 180° turn and speaks more in favour for Heihachi now because no other Namco character was planned when only one Fighter Pass and no DLC beyond existed. Even if Sakurai planned for more DLC, he still needs the budget from Nintendo as he can't fund the game development out of his own wallet and Nintendo would only continue DLC if the first Fighter Pass sold well. It did. That's why we re getting more DLC. But imagine it didn't sell well, like Smash 4 DLC did according to that one Sakurai interview. Then after Fighter Pass #5 the support would have ended and no additional DLC would be on its way. That means Heihachi was added to Psc-Man's taunt to be represented in some form, why other potential Namco characters weren't even considered because Sakurai would have been ok with them not being in the game at all. Simple as that. I think it really shows that all things considered Heihachi really has priority.
With his mii costume being held back when it would have fit best, Heihachi's future looks very bright and especially this:

It breaks every last argument against our old man, calling him retired or anything... The old man is still alive and kicking! And he will be in Smash! Tekken is too big of a franchise to be ignored, especially when Namco is making the game.
Imagine the dream match of Ryu vs Terry vs Heihachi. Smash would cement itself as the first time all this major fighting game franchises met in one single game.
Hell of a post!! Very glad to see more people talk so passionately about the old *******. Here's hoping he gets in - I need that fighting dream match!

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Hell of a post!! Very glad to see more people talk so passionately about the old *******. Here's hoping he gets in - I need that fighting dream match!
Thanks! Sure, That old geezer is a part of my childhood! He may seem cold at first, but he had one of the craziest character developments of any video game character! He started as that unlikable evil old man in Tekken 1, was still similar in Tekken 2 but got the protagonist role and as shown in Kazuya's ending of that game, isn't entirely evil as he protected Kazuya from the laser that Devil shot at him and he took all that pain by himself. Then in Tekken 3 he was even older, but also gained so much style in his rich man outfit from the opening and he really started to feel like a globally important figure and not just an old martial artist.
Then in Tekken 4 he first showed his goofy side with him being a slave in a fundoshi and bowtie in Lee's ending and how he was outsmarting Kuma with the contracts in Kuma's ending. Or in Tekken 5 where he stuck the other on a rocket in that famous ending scene and shot them into outer space and he was shown as even more fun loving in Tag Tournament 2 because in the latter that scene got extended and he also throws golfballs at them.
And who could forget that epic scene in Tekken 6 where a hermit in the deep forest turns out to be Heihachi who catches a pistol bullet with his bare teeth,
And then Tekken 7 expanded on his emotional side, where as a continuation from that Tekken 2 ending (also the Heihachi + Kazumi drawing was first shown in Tekken 2) his true motive for turning on Kazuya has finally been revealed.
How after knowing all of this anyone still couldn't like Heihachi is beyond me.
Seriously for fighting game standards Tekken has pretty deep character developments. I think that's something most Heihachi detractors don't understand.
Also Heihachi is more than just the face of a fighting game, it's a fighting game that revolutionized and perfected the 3D fighting game genre after Virtua Fighter pioneered it. He is essentially the face of a whole generation of fighting games.
And yes that dream match, it needs to happen! Now is the opportunity for it!

Last edited:

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Happy new year, Heihachi-fans!
Recently I've been thinking about potential moveset layouts for our favorite gramps that would still fit the Smash formula. Obviously there is that very popular video by FeliciaFan on Youtube, which is the best one i've seen currently, but i've been thinking a little out-of-the-box about a moveset for him that tries to imitate the Tekken style as close as possible. The following is not meant to be seen as the definitive Smash moveset for him, but should rather be taken as just a thought-experiment.
Alright let's start.
The classic Tekken "four-button = four-limb" system proves to be difficult to get implemented into Smash as Smash only uses two action buttons for attacks, so we only have half the options there. Naturally you would try to re-interprate the attack inputs and adjust them onto the attack commands we normally have in Smash and distrIbute the attacks where they would make the most sense.
But i tried to look at it from a different angle this time. I asked myself: was there ever an occurence where any Tekken game only had a 2-Button-Layout? And then it hit me! Back in the early 2000s on the GBA Tekken Advance was released! A Tekken game that recycled elements from Tekken 3 and TTT1 and only used two main buttons. Now what was different from other Tekken games? Instead of having each button assigned to each of the four limbs, they only split it into Punches (B) and Kicks (A).
So could we actually come up with a moveset for him that instead of splitting attacks into normals and specials splits them into punches and kicks and incorporates a small combo-mechanique that could work as his character-specific-gimmick?
So i went over to GameFAQs and found detailed moveset lists for every character in the game:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/530206-tekken-advance/faqs/17069

Firt of, i'd swap the A and B buttons because it seems more natural to have kicks on the lower button and punches put on the upper button. Also instead of just Side-Tilts and Side-Specials it would need to differentiate between Forward-Tilt (Forward-A) and Back-Tilt (Back-A) and between Forward-Special (Forward-B) and Back-Special (Back-B). Similar to Terry's Forward- and Back-Special.
Also similar to the Youtube video: introducing Down-Forward command attacks.

A: Punch
B: Kick
A, A: Double Punch
A, B: Roundhouse
A, forward-A: High Backfist
A, forward-A, A: Demon Executioner
A, A, A: Shining fist
A, back-A, A: Demon Massacre
A, back-A, B: Demon Lair
Down-A: Tilesplitter
Down-A, A: Deathfist
Down-Forward-A, A: Twin Pistons
Back-A: Demon Boar
Forward-A: Demon Backhand
Forward-B: Split Axe Kick

Moves that would probably be relegated to Command Inputs (move the stick into the direction of the arrow or into Neutral position when there is an N):
→N↓N A: Thunder God Fist
→N↓Forward-A: Electric Wind God Fist

Ok at this point i'll stop for now as i'm not really satisfied with it so far, because compared to the punches, there aren't that many kick moves and even if we fill them we'd still need to come up with moves to fill the Smash and Aerial attacks.
I think Tekken Advance is not the right choice for a moveset template as it shows to lack in moves compared to other entries of the series, but maybe this post could still help as some kind of food for thought. I might use it as a basis to make up a better moveset when i have some new ideas and after some more research into how the 4 button system could be bypassed.
Maybe some people could find some inspirations from it and as i linked to the site where the full movelist is, could come up with something new. In the end everything that stirs up speculation is a good thing, right?

Last edited:

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
So yeah two big revelations today.
DLC 5 is now officially confirmed to be no Namco character, so that means no Namco character not present in Pac-Man's roulette taunt was saved for #5.
And a whole second Fighters Pass with 6 characters got announced. Judging by previous patterns we have a high chance for getting a fighting game rep for it and i think you all know who the frontrunner for that is.
I'm very optimistic at this point that we'll see our favorite old grandpa arrive into Smash

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So yeah two big revelations today.
Nr 5 is now officially confirmed to be no Namco character, so that means no Namco character not present in Pac-Man's roulette taunt was saved for #5.
And a whole second Fighters Pass with 6 characters got announced. Judging by previous patterns we have a high chance for getting a fighting game rep for it and i think you all know who the frontrunner for that is.
I'm very optimistic at this point that we'll see our favorite old grandpa arrive into Smash
Now this is the kind of optimism I like to see! He wasn't turned into a Mii costume, and while we still have plenty of big Bamco names who could make it, he still has a shot!

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Now this is the kind of optimism I like to see! He wasn't turned into a Mii costume, and while we still have plenty of big Bamco names who could make it, he still has a shot!
I think a Namco rep is a given as the only costumes missing now are Heihachi, Gil, Lloyd, Geno, Chocobo and the 2 Monster Hunter armors. Like the other Capcom costumes the Hunter Armors might be thrown somewhere inbetween like they did with the 4 Megaman costumes. Square might get a rep too given their costumes were held back when they could have dropped them with Hero.
And for the Namco rep, we saw Heihachi getting priority in the past with him being considered for Smash 4 and being put in the Namco roulette before additional DLC was decided, as confirmed by Sakurai in the lievestream today when he said he originally thought 1 or 2 additional DLC fighters would be enough

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
There's still hope for Wave 2 of Smash DLC. . .

He Could be 6th, 7th, 8th. 9th. 10th, or even 11th. . .

He Still has a 1/6 Chance of being in at least one of the Slots for Smash Fighter's Pass: Season 2

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
There's still hope for Wave 2 of Smash DLC. . .

He Could be 6th, 7th, 8th. 9th. 10th, or even 11th. . .

He Still has a 1/6 Chance of being in at least one of the Slots for Smash Fighter's Pass: Season 2
Exactly. And as Namco i still short on reps and every previous DLC season in Smash history included one new fighting game rep both could happen together... Also his costume is still missing in action despite fitting perfectly with the one in Terry's pack similar how he was featured in Ryu's pack in Smash 4.
Season 2 will be finished before December 2021. So let's be prepared for some exciting 2 years of speculation at worst, lol

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
As long as his Mii Costume is absent, the door is still open for him. I recall it being said that Sakurai did try to make him playable in SSB4. There have been characters that were considered for previous versions but didn't make it in at the time, only to make the jump to playable in a newer iteration.

I want to see what his trailer would look like and I'd really like Ganondorf to be a part of it.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
As long as his Mii Costume is absent, the door is still open for him. I recall it being said that Sakurai did try to make him playable in SSB4. There have been characters that were considered for previous versions but didn't make it in at the time, only to make the jump to playable in a newer iteration.

I want to see what his trailer would look like and I'd really like Ganondorf to be a part of it.
Heihachi can continue the Good vs Evil theme with Heihachi being the Villain for Ryu, Ken & Terry with a sequel of the whole
- Mario & Peach vs Bowser
- Link & Zelda vs Ganondorff
- Donkey & Diddy Kong vs King K. Rool
- Samus vs Ridley
- Kirby vs Meta Knight
- Fox & Falco vs Wolf
Sequence and have Ryu, Ken & Terry fighting a Mysterious, Powerful Foe against the Revealed owner of the Zaibatsu Corporation & Founder of The Iron Fist Tournament Heihachi Mishima
(Gameplay Footage shown)
Shows Heihachi standing tall over the Defeated Greatest Fighter’s of the World.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Heihachi can continue the Good vs Evil theme with Heihachi being the Villain for Ryu, Ken & Terry with a sequel of the whole
- Mario & Peach vs Bowser
- Link & Zelda vs Ganondorff
- Donkey & Diddy Kong vs King K. Rool
- Samus vs Ridley
- Kirby vs Meta Knight
- Fox & Falco vs Wolf
Sequence and have Ryu, Ken & Terry fighting a Mysterious, Powerful Foe against the Revealed owner of the Zaibatsu Corporation & Founder of The Iron Fist Tournament Heihachi Mishima
(Gameplay Footage shown)
Shows Heihachi standing tall over the Defeated Greatest Fighter’s of the World.
I can kind of see Heihachi having a rivalry with Ryu and Ken because of the whole Street Fighter x Tekken events and Sakurai even alluded to it back in Smash 4 when Heihachi's mii costume began attacking Ryu in a cinematic scene. He was the only mii costume who got such an exposure with a scene.
But I don't know if Terry fits in too, sure he is a fighter too, but 3 against 1 is too much and he doesn't have much of a connection with Heihachi. If it were Geese instead of Terry I could somehow see him have a rivalry with Heihachi as both met in Tekken 7.

I had some ideas about a stage for Heihachi. How would it be if we get the Mishima Dojo with the Honmaru Shrine, but to make it unique and stand out, the stage gets the gimmick that if enough damage was done with grounded attacks, the floor will break and the whole stage will move one level down. Kind of similar to the Castle Siege stage, only that the change on layer is not automatic but dependant on damage, to mirror the mechanic used in newer Tekken games with damageable walls and floors.
It could start at the roof, go down in the temple area itself and ultimately the catacombs where Jinpachi was held captive. I'd really like that implemented. Otherwise I'd like to see it be very competetive similar to Terry's stage with only flat surfaces and no other distractions or hazards besides the breakable floor. Would raise the competetiveness of Smash again.

Also on a side-note, the Tales Logo Trademarks, which many Lloyd fans took as confirmation for him gettig into Smash as a series symbol there, were now confirmed to be unsurprisingly just used for the 25th anniversary for Tales:
https://tales-antenna.com/news/25th-logo/
Lloyd now has nothing left anymore that would speak in favor of him as the Namco rep. There was actually nothing that spoke in favor of him before as it was very obvious those logos are just generic stuff not meant for Smash, but now it's finally official!
I don't really think there is any serious competition for Heihachi as far as it goes for Namco contenders.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I can kind of see Heihachi having a rivalry with Ryu and Ken because of the whole Street Fighter x Tekken events and Sakurai even alluded to it back in Smash 4 when Heihachi's mii costume began attacking Ryu in a cinematic scene. He was the only mii costume who got such an exposure with a scene.
But I don't know if Terry fits in too, sure he is a fighter too, but 3 against 1 is too much and he doesn't have much of a connection with Heihachi. If it were Geese instead of Terry I could somehow see him have a rivalry with Heihachi as both met in Tekken 7.

I had some ideas about a stage for Heihachi. How would it be if we get the Mishima Dojo with the Honmaru Shrine, but to make it unique and stand out, the stage gets the gimmick that if enough damage was done with grounded attacks, the floor will break and the whole stage will move one level done. Kind of similar to the Castle Siege stage, only that the change on layer is not automatic but dependant on damage, to mirror the mechanic used in newer Tekken games with damageable walls and floors.
It could start at the roof, go down in the temple area itself and ultimately the catacombs where Jinpachi was held captive. I'd really like that implemented. Otherwise I'd like to see it be very competetive similar to Terry's stage with only flat surfaces and no other distractions or hazards besides the breakable floor. Would raise the competetiveness of Smash again.

Also on a side-note, the Tales Logo Trademarks, which many Lloyd fans took as confirmation for him gettig into Smash as a series symbol there, were now confirmed to be unsurprisingly just used for the 25th anniversary for Tales:
https://tales-antenna.com/news/25th-logo/
Lloyd now has nothing left anymore that would speak in favor of him as the Namco rep. There was actually nothing that spoke in favor of him before as it was very obvious those logos are just generic stuff not meant for Smash, but now it's finally official!
I don't really think there is any serious competition for Heihachi as far as it goes for Namco contenders.
YES TO IT ALL!!! :denzel:

Top Bottom