• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Johns i Just Dont Understand

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Oddly enough, it annoys me when somebody is obviously winning, and just decides to go easy on me. It annoys the **** out of me.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
inuis got the best jonh right now

"i sucked today man yesturday i climbed this freaking mountain im dead man...."lolol sirus bizniz jonhs

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Haha, best john: some kid in a wheel chair starts crying and says "you're cheap becuase you can actually use your thumbs! Baawwwww!" J/K LOL!

The H Kid

Original
I know some people who have complained of not getting their personal costume of choice for the character. I once did a online tournament and one kid demanded a rematch againist me because he wasnt dark link.

Hahahaha thats sooo something a link main would do!

And the whole "First match of the day" is valid (mostly). Still an excuse though

Denzi

Smash Master
Dude, you're a n00b, you're just C-sticking.
(beat my friend like that once)

Some people consider using the C-stick (as opposed to direction + A) cheap.
I just don't get it.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
"OMG stop grabbing me" - my brother in every match

Apparently it's wrong that my playstyle invloves a lot of grabbing.

@Denzi: I've never understood that one either.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
I don't hear many johns myself.

Only explanations.

"I was trying for a Bair" - Pit jumping backwards into a shield breaker.
Johns are annoying. Admission of stupidity is hilarious.

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
"Stop using the arrows"

"Your Lucario is ****, you kept using the same moves.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
One of my noob suitemates told me he lost because I was playing too fast (I was really only SHFFing). He literally told me to "calm down" mid match.

Then I pick some random characters and let him have a few wins just to be nice, and he goes around bragging about how he beat me (He knows I'm a competitive Smasher and that I go to tournaments and stuff). Probably shouldn't have boosted his ego like that XD.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
^^^ Unless that Noob was joking this has to be fake. Either that or, this guy just three stocked a blind dude....
I swear on anything that this happened, I know the guy, he was convinced that he was better then me and for 3 days after the tourney he proceeded to make excuses, that just happened to be the funniest one he said

he's also not blind

heres some other ones from him:
I was tired
my thumb hurt
I let you win because you needed the money
Snake ***** Olimar on Luigi's mansion (his CP stage)
Mortar Sliding is cheap
I was just off my game
my phone was ringing
I was hungry

^^ all for one loss

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Some people consider using the C-stick (as opposed to direction + A) cheap.
I just don't get it.
And people who think that usually aren't good to begin with.

On topic: Because I won a tournament at a friend's house with Sonic (Stalling one match to my win, there was no rule against it, hehe), everyone wanted to beat me. After the tournament, I won 6 matches in a row against my 6 friends. Minutes later, someone starts saying, "Ok, I think me, and [this other guy] are the best smash players here."
I pipe up and say, "Wait a second! I just beat all of you in a row! I'm not even in the running!?"
He says, "No, because you edgehog."

>=/

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
And people who think that usually aren't good to begin with.

On topic: Because I won a tournament at a friend's house with Sonic (Stalling one match to my win, there was no rule against it, hehe), everyone wanted to beat me. After the tournament, I won 6 matches in a row against my 6 friends. Minutes later, someone starts saying, "Ok, I think me, and [this other guy] are the best smash players here."
I pipe up and say, "Wait a second! I just beat all of you in a row! I'm not even in the running!?"
He says, "No, because you edgehog."

>=/
Scrubs like those are the scrubs I hate.

You should have said "$20 MM? No edgeguarding?"

Thats what I do, and it works ^_^

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
Here's one:

"Stop trapping me so I can't move or do anything!!!"- Friend

"What do you mean?"- Me

"You know! Where you keep hitting me! It's annoying!"- Freind

"WTF? You mean combos?"- Me

"Call it whatever you want just stop!"- Friend

Wow. A new breed of noob. The "no combo" noob.

AgentAO

Smash Journeyman
Lol my brothers:

"Holy crap, Sonic has no lag"

"Wow, they need to give Sonic some laggy attacks"

"**** you and your cheapass chaingrabbing" (Note: I don't overly abuse chaingrabing when I play DDD, only if I'm horribly losing, which is rare.)

"Wow, it is impossible to kill Jigglypuff"

Though I'll admit, I'm guilty of stage johning way too much.

SYLAR

Smash Rookie
"You were sniping."
... Okay, so I utilize ranged attacks...

"You only used one move."
And when I'm Link I like to spam bombs... it makes things interesting when things are exploding all the time. And then of course there's the Waddle-Dees, and the chain-grabbing with DeDeDe. Hey, if it works, use it, that's my opinion. There's always a way to avoid or counter.

"Of course you won, you were playing as Metaknight." (normally followed by "He should be banned")
I like Metaknight. He's in my top five, but I'm not very good with him. I just like the fact that he is "Death by Papercut" ... and the noises he makes are funny. I know, also, that he is supposedly godlike, but, saying that any character should be banned is like showing someone a pie, and then scraping all of the filling out before you give it to them. It doesn't make any sense.
Besides, what do I care about 'tiers'? All of my mains since the 64 have been 'bottom tiers' (64: Link, Melee: Mewtwo, Brawl: Yoshi)

And, admittedly, I am guilty of an excuse that could probably be considered a John... "You're not good at the game, you're good at getting the smash ball."
It makes sense in my mind, but apparently not to anyone else.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Lol my brothers:

"Holy crap, Sonic has no lag"

"Wow, they need to give Sonic some laggy attacks"

"**** you and your cheapass chaingrabbing" (Note: I don't overly abuse chaingrabing when I play DDD, only if I'm horribly losing, which is rare.)

"Wow, it is impossible to kill Jigglypuff"

Though I'll admit, I'm guilty of stage johning way too much.
lol That's mostly Psychic Knees right? XD He johns way too much.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
johns are stupid in competetive matches. If they say "I only lost because I was using a low tier", you should say "well, maybe you should have used a high tier".

And please Blackanese, (this isn't meant to offend) could you use proper english. I hate reading b/c and u and y. Its annoying
lmfao next i make a thread i'll be sure to use proper english. for you, others, and as well as me when having to type a essay, but im just too used to it xD
xDD

I've never even heard of "johns" being used as excuses for losing.... Is this a recently invented word or something????????????
LMFAO oh man, go 2 a tourney and im sure youll see at least 1 guy complain due 2 the fact he/she lost

inuis got the best jonh right now

"i sucked today man yesturday i climbed this freaking mountain im dead man...."lolol sirus bizniz jonhs
lmfaoo i seen some1 having that as a sig xDD. i love inui though that sexy beast x]

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Here's one:

"Stop trapping me so I can't move or do anything!!!"- Friend

"What do you mean?"- Me

"You know! Where you keep hitting me! It's annoying!"- Freind

"WTF? You mean combos?"- Me

"Call it whatever you want just stop!"- Friend

Wow. A new breed of noob. The "no combo" noob.
You must play Brawl like its a turn based RPG, take turns hitting, no combos

"I haven't eaten all day". What does that mean? Who shows up to a tournament hungry?
I have, don't do it, seriously

Top Bottom