• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Indiana Thread Re:Edit

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
You totally should! If I can get all of my crew, (8 people) which isn't hard, to come and play. It would be the 8 of us, you, (TheBlueBlade), Ducky, and xeroxen. (sorry if I misspelled)The guy's house we normally play at is big enough for that. But I'll have to talk to him a little more to see if this is possible or not. Psshhh with 11 people, we could have a small little tournament. Actually... To think of it... I have 3 smashers in South Bend that would show up! 14 people would be orgazmic!!!! We should put this into play ASAP!!!
Who from the Bend comes?

Gracen

Smash Cadet
BlueBlade- Jay, KYAG, and brad.
we're pretty good friends, I'm sure they'll come. matter of fact.... I think they might come this Friday.

XeroXen- meh, we don't mind player skill. it's always a blast to have a nice show up.
but just to say this..... none of us play Brawl.... we don't like it much.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
It's nice to know that there are still some guys in the scene up there. I'll have to go to a SavePoint one of these days (if theres one over break) and catch up with them.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
So Blade, you should tell us what week you plan on going to play Melee in Ft. Wayne and me and Ducky will come too. (Mabye some other guys from Huntington too.)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Hope everyone's ready for a Tourney-Filled Month of Love*.

*'Month of Love' refers to the month of February, not that the tourney-filled month will also be filled with love-making.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Composer, howd you get that tournament director status. I need that but idk who to ask.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Gotta know a guy.

By which of course I mean go to User CP, then Group Memberships underneath the Network tab on the side (Contacts & Friends, Social Groups, Group Memberships, Pictures and Albums), then click the bubble for "Smash Director"

It'll ask you to give a reason--in that box, just post a link to a thread from a tourney you've run.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Happy New Year Indiana. Start working at getting on those PRs. We need some more rep. Don't make me move back there. >.>;

Or maybe, that is your plan all along...

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Attention Indiana:

I will be retiring from competitive smash upon ending my current losing streak. As I told Vamp in AIM, I've lost the urge to competitive play and is not terribly appealing to me anymore.

However, I will be around as a TO still and will still play the game. I am going to try and become the Alex Strife of the Midwest, which will be a hard feat to attain, but I feel that it is something I can achieve and I honestly enjoy organizing and running tournaments more than anything with this game. So don't worry, I'll still be around quite a bit.

However, upon graduating college, I will more than likely make a full retirement from Smash at all points.

~ Nick

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Why do you always post stuff like that? Didn't you get stomped by xero?
I don't remember how much I won by, but I doubt I stomped him.

Or did I?

Also.

With Nick bringing up his Retiring from playing in competitive smash, I thought I might like to throw out there I'm more than likely taking a break of... probably around a month and a half.

I'm also really sad that you're going to be retiring Nick. You took me to my first OoS tourney, and were one of the first smashers I actually met. Coincidentally, you were also my first doubles partner!!! As long as you're still around to TO I guess I won't be too sad. D:

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Nick, it's sad to see you go. You're the first person who I met IRL after meeting on the internet. Thanks for everything, and I'm glad you'll be around for at least a little longer.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
Wtf is this, no one in Indiana plays smash?!? If I could go to tournys and sfests I would, why is everyone so unmotivated in this state? T.T

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Blade, you seem to have forgotten my tourney on the OP.

Having said that, everyone needs to lurk their local Midwest thread more. February is coming up fast, and even before then, there are IN peeps traveling to and fro (most notably KY the weekend after pound and Ohio the 30th), so if you're looking for competition, let's get some rides worked out.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord

Having said that, everyone needs to lurk their local Midwest thread more. February is coming up fast, and even before then, there are IN peeps traveling to and fro (most notably KY the weekend after pound and Ohio the 30th), so if you're looking for competition, let's get some rides worked out.

That's the spirit!

*not traveling to any tourneys in Jan.*

Feb. Schedule:

6th: HH3/MI Circuit event/ Other uninteresting not worth noting tourneys

13th: VaMP's Bi-monthly / ^see above

20th: VGboot camp (not attending for work johns, but will house)

27th: OUGA (not attending more work johns)

March:

6th: Nopes (attending ;D birthday)

13: Nothing i know of

20th: Fanfans tourney, probably will go.

27th: a circuit event for MWC-E, depends on weather if its warm and NOT raining i'll attend ;D on MY MOTOR-SICKLE

Top Bottom