• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Indiana Thread Re:Edit

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Welcome to the revamped Indiana thread! I'll try to compile as much information as I can over time here. If anybody has any suggestions/stuff they want me to add to the OP just let me know on here or on Facebook.

Facebook Groups
Most of our activity is on Facebook! If you don't have one, I'd definitely making an account to keep in touch with your local smash community. Don't see your location on here? Post in the thread and I'll see if I can find anything!
Timed Events
Timed events are just a fancy way of saying local events that happen frequently. Be it weeklies, monthlies, or bi-monthlies! This is sorted by area.

Salty Sundays are the premiere Indianapolis weekly, featuring Wii U, Melee, and PM! Sometimes we even get free pizza! The events can change slightly, so make sure to check out the links for more details!

Event Schedule: Every Sunday [Link Coming Soon]
Hosted in the same location as the weeklies, these tournaments happen once a month. The tournaments cost more to enter, but usually have a substantial pot bonus so the spoils of victory are high!

Next Event: July 18th [Facebook Link]
The Terre Haute eBash weeklies are a great place to meet up every Wednesday to play Sm4sh, Melee, and PM!

Event Schedule: Every Wednesday [Link Coming Soon]
Coming as soon as I get the schedule for the Reaction Games weeklies.
The bloomington community has bi-weekly events during the school year, due to it being summer at the moment there are no timed events, but check out the facebook page to see if people are playing!

Upcoming Events
Tournaments that are happening in Indiana. Don't see your tournament on here? Send me a message on smashboards or reply to this thread! (or contact me on facebook it's not hard to find me)

A Smash for Wii U tournament held by one of Indiana's oldest and best TO's, DtJ Composer, don't miss it!

Date: July 25th [Facebook Link]

Last edited:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Power Ranking(s)
This is where I'm officially keeping track of Indiana's power rankings. If your portion of Indiana has made a region-specific power rankings, let me know and I'll put them on here!

Indiana has no current power rankings as of this time.

Last edited:

Count

Smash Champion
Wow, how am I still not on here? I'm the most active brawl player as of late, and I've been placing in doubles or singles in my last like four events.

But anyway, count, from Flora, IN during summer (central) and Indianapolis during school, at Butler University.

Count

Smash Champion
So I think we could pull off a PR with top 5 regular then 3 HM

Cause there's me, krys, vamp, tbb, xero, asdioh, numerous TH people, quite a few bloomington people, renegade all that are active.

Renegade is temporarily in MI but he still counts for IN. Krys tore it up in Chicago last weekend.

So if we had 5 PR, and 3 HM that would still leave enough motivation for people not on the PR. Thoughts?

The members that make sense would be me, theblueblade, asdioh, and th3 master composer, two from NI, one from central, and one from southern IN, three of us being the TOs right now, then asdioh who I consider intelligent when it comes to this kind of stuff.

So lemme know what you think since like, everybody else has a PR.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Yeah, something that most people do is have a meeting on AIM to discuss this kind of stuff. So we should set a date when the four of us should get together and talk, that way we can get this done quicker.

Count

Smash Champion
Ah Ok, I figured I could make a social group here on swf, but that would be good also. I think I've got a decent idea on how to do it, but you guys likely have better/more efficient ways of doing it. Do you think the four I said are good for the group determining it? I couldn't really think of anybody else since bloodhawk is moving.

I think I may make the social group anyway just as an easy place to get everybody gathered to pick a good time for the aim conversation.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Gary smells!

<3
Yeah... I think I smelled it all the way in Michigan last night on my way home from Benton Harbor at like 1am

Count: Yeah, good idea with the social group. We should keep it to a small number though, that way there isn't too much disagreement.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'm not on here, D:

Avarice, Central, Indianapolis.

I should be more active after marching band season. I have like...3 more free weekends (which is why I want to go to Springfield Aug 1st but that's probably not happening), and then it's contest, contest, contest.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
Im not Here...

r£ax Gary,IN

[Brawl/Melee]

And Synthe plays Brawl, and only Brawl

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
None of the Huntington guys are on there!!!

XeroXen/Ducky/Trip/Mellow are all from Huntington, we've all attended tourneys.

Javix has not, but you can include him too if you want. (He was there, just didn't enter.)

EDIT: Also, PRs would be nice (I don't care if I'm not included I've done badly at tourneys, it's my fault. ****ing nerves.) Not that it matters, because I'll be #1 before long.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
(SW, Evansville) Wiggins
(SW, Evansville) Shonic
(SW, Evansville) DaBizWiz
(SW, Evansville) Reneblade

You can go ahead and add these guys under me. I made it copy/pasteable =]

The next step BlueBlade is to say what games people play in [brackets] after their name.

Count

Smash Champion
I'm going to Athens, Ohio this weekend on a huge road trip for what looks to be a really fun tourney. PM me if interested..some of the IU crew are going.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Ty BlueBlade for directing me to this thread. So now I shall do a stupid repost. XD

Hiya everyone! I'm in Bloomington for about a month and was wanting to know what smash scene was like out here for the summer. PM me or something, I need some smash during my free time when I'm not cleaning apartments on IU campus. I really need to kill this smash crave. XD
So ya, PM or inform me of some smashfest that might be happening soon.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Ty BlueBlade for directing me to this thread. So now I shall do a stupid repost. XD

Hiya everyone! I'm in Bloomington for about a month and was wanting to know what smash scene was like out here for the summer. PM me or something, I need some smash during my free time when I'm not cleaning apartments on IU campus. I really need to kill this smash crave. XD
So ya, PM or inform me of some smashfest that might be happening soon.
PM in progress.

Rak

Smash Cadet
Hi Indiana, I want melee in Northern Indiana badly.

Someone host. pretty please.

I'm right in the Benton harbor area in MI. I will play Brawl if I have to.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hi Indiana, I want melee in Northern Indiana badly.

Someone host. pretty please.

I'm right in the Benton harbor area in MI. I will play Brawl if I have to.
Three things of good news for ya:

As far as Melee goes:

The St. Joseph County Public Library (South Bend) holds Melee stuff I think either bi-weekly or monthly, you can catch up on what they do here => http://www.sjcpl.org/gameboard/index.php

Not sure when, but I know I'll be holding a Melee circuit here in either October or November in Warsaw (about an hour southeast of South Bend).

As far as Brawl goes:

This weekend there's a tournament in Warsaw (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242121)

There will be a Brawl circuit also in the upcoming autumn months (also to be held in Warsaw).

That's about all I can say for now.

Rak

Smash Cadet
Good info. Thanks.

How often do you Purdue people play? I'll check it out if you have a smashfest in the next few weeks.
I'm only here until September and im just lookin for some friendly melee action mostly

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Good info. Thanks.

How often do you Purdue people play? I'll check it out if you have a smashfest in the next few weeks.
I'm only here until September and im just lookin for some friendly melee action mostly
We play alot, feel free to come down to play on random weekends and whatnot. Just post and let us know, there is me, kso, dj, cnn, hippy, faithkeeper, and random others to play with.

Once school starts we will have alot more permanent smashers, but the first tournament prolly wont be till then.

heres our thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160251

Count

Smash Champion
Blueblade bloodhawk and myself might be playing at bb's tomorrow. More details to come.

If BH can't make it I'm pretty sure that I'll at least be playing a few games with tbb tomorrow. It sucks that I'm in this are yet can't go to LIP2

Top Bottom