• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

ChitownWolf

Smash Cadet
Rofl, I still play the starfox games, they are sooooo fun. I also play Diablo, TFT, and rarely Starcraft. Still waiting on starcraft 2. I love Blizzard's games, but I never got into WoW though.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Splosion man looks awesome lol. Hopefully it's cheap. Speaking of games that are coming out, I can't wait for Scribblenauts for DS. That game looks crazy.

goodkid

Smash Lord
IL finally has a discussion thread o_O

City of Heroes is where its @ :p I don't play that game anymore. It's too addicting.

Xyless

Smash Master
Scribblenauts looks amazing. I can't wait for that. ...though I just realized my dead DS is dead and my other DS is with my sister. gah

Also Splosion Man is pretty cheap, being an XBLA game and all. (MvC2 is also now on XBLA by the way, with online battles)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Buuuutttt what if I don't want a John Waynecoat?

I'd prefer a Jumbrella Wayne myself.

Heck, make it a Jumbrella Waynecoat.

They sell like hotcakes.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Ah ok cool.

I might be able to show up tomorrow. I work tomorrow night, but depending on what time you start the gathering I can show up early enough to get some games in and still manage to get to work on time. lol

I really want to get some practice in to at least be somewhat ready for this weekend. ^_^;

Akashi

Smash Lord
late reply but...

The smashfest was awesome, thanks to everyone that came. I want to personally thank everyone for coming so Ryko had a surplus amount of people to play, that seriously made my night. Thank you to all who consistently come to these and make smashing to 5a.m FUN, not tedious. Thanks to those who brought extra sets, TVs, discs, etc that didn't need to but are kind enough to carry extra luggage around. And most importantly, THX FOR NOTHING ;D. jk <3

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yes, thank you to those who came out! It was a great success, and I hope to continue doing them in the future. :)

Now, onto more exciting news!

First....

Warning! Tournament Approaching!

That's right, Ryzen and I are planning on getting a biweekly going. I have minimal details at the moment, but what we need is some input from you guys. Link to the venue HERE. It is in Lindenhurst, which is just North of Gurnee Mills Mall(you basically just keep going on Grand Ave, passing the mall, for a few minutes more).

What we need to know from everyone is: On what day would be best for the tournament? I ask because of this:

Saturday - We can have the venue from 6pm-11pm, sharing with other people who may be there.
Sunday - We can have the venue from 10am-8pm...all to ourselves.

So yeah, we need some opinions on this! Let us know.

Second....

Methinks that...we need to get an official IL crew going. Would anybody be interested in this idea? For me, crews are always fun to have and the battles are always a blast. This, and having a predetermined crew will give us a better sense of unity and we won't have to do quasi-draft crews when the time arises.

So what do you guys think? Let's get the ball rolling, eh?

Top Bottom