• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Xyless

Smash Master
Huh, I just saw a commercial for Pizza Hut, in which they say that you can "now order pizza with your iPhone!"

...uh...yeah? I'm pretty sure all phones can do that, bros.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I was thinking of doing an impromptu tournament tomorrow for Brawl and possibly Melee if people want to play it. How many will show up, who knows. It was a last minute thing to see if anyone wanted some practice before the Indiana tournament next weekend.

I don't know how many will show up, I know is last minute. I was going to host it at my place and use both my basement and garage to run everything. Now if people want to show up you will be welcome to. I will let you guys decide on a tourney fee. I do want to charge $5, but that will go towards the purchase of Soda, Chips, Snacks, and Pizza for everyone to have throughout the day.

If you want to play Melee also, that is fine. I know many will not show up, so I dont expect a big crowd, but it would just be nice to play some games and it might convince some people to go next weekend to the tournament. lol

I have not made the thread yet, cause I want to know if people are interested first. I live in the Southwest side of Chicago. There is plenty of parking since is a neighborhood and you can also get here by public transportation.

My Info:

8536 South Kolin Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60652

My Cell to call me or text me: 773-540-6347

If I get some interest I will post a thread, again I don't expect a lot of people but if you do show up, I will have a good amount of TVs so as long as you bring the set ups we will be fine. ^_^

Xyless

Smash Master
Ugh I Am So Bad At Wavedashing Someone Fix My Hands

I remember a time before Brawl in which I would have wavedashing speedruns with Luigi through the entirety of Adventure Mode. Now I can't even do it cleanly.

Also how on earth do you practice using CStick when you can't even use it in Training Mode? I never used it at all back in the day (I played a ton of single player so it was useless to me), and now I'm having problems getting it into my game.

Scythe

Smash Master
play against level one computers or just plug in another controller.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Whoa, I thought you said you were near Screenz.
Oh no... XD

All the out of state players came to my place cause it was a relatively shorter drive to my place and then in the morning just a quick 30 minute ride to the venue. But yeah I do not live near there. I just went there to run events that is all. I wont be running anymore there which is why I am looking for venues either near me or closer to the downtown area, but not in it, cause otherwise there is no parking available. lol

Ill probably just be playing some games at home today and see what happens. I'll be talking with people here about how I should run things in the future if I do them again. I will also be figuring out how I will be getting to the out of state events I plan to go to this fall and August. lol

Arty

Smash Lord
I actually have alot of good videos of me and Andrew on my Wii that I can send. I'll PM you my Wii Code Kirk and you can PM me yours so I can send a couple of videos.

Count

Smash Champion
Good stuff ook.

Arty/quik/other Chicago players should go also. It will be interesting to see how you guys fare against MW:E. I think my tourney will be fairly big also, I'm hoping at least 50 but we'll see.

hunger!

Smash Champion
im most likely going to start hosting monthlies in my garage. looking maybe mid september. would be sweet. who would be interested from IL since WI/IL have like no tournies now

Xyless

Smash Master
So, what other games do you guys play?

Personally, I play Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead on occasion, Castle Crashers, TMNT: Turtles in Time ReShelled, and a few other random XBLA games.

ook

Smash Lord
Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Civilization IV, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars Jedi Outcast

Xyless... do you play TF2/L4D on PC or Xbox?

Xyless

Smash Master
I liked TFC as well. Really, the transition from TFC to TF2 was...pretty much the same as from Melee to Brawl. It wasn't as technical or complicated, but it was a LOT more fun to me.

Though I miss the spy and scout grenades.

Quik17

Smash Ace
I used to play a lot of WoW don't play it as much anymore. I also play N+ (best game ever!), Castlevania series, Metroid, and a lot of other random DS games.

Edit: Left for Dead sucks. All of you guys are insane!

Quik17

Smash Ace
Yah I used to think the N+ games were stupid till I played it on a Raid's 360. They are so addictive lol. I bought one for my DS, and I'll get it for my xbox once it comes back from repair.

Top Bottom