• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

ChitownWolf

Smash Cadet
Since it's summer, I'm going to be free most of the time, so if anyone is hosting any smashfests, hit me up please :)

Dart

Smash Lord
Don't expect anyone from central IL to get out of state except for the rich people who are good, and since its central IL that would 0. the only people from Central IL that would prolly ever try to go OOS is myself and An8676. *ripple you guys are southern :p*

ook

Smash Lord
Since it's summer, I'm going to be free most of the time, so if anyone is hosting any smashfests, hit me up please :)
Are you coming to the chicago tourney this weekend? You shoooould.

also... anyone from northern IL wanna drive with me down to that springfield tournament, then come back for the chicago one the next day?
That would be pretty cool. Two tourneys in one weekend.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Are you coming to the chicago tourney this weekend? You shoooould.

also... anyone from northern IL wanna drive with me down to that springfield tournament, then come back for the chicago one the next day?
That would be pretty cool. Two tourneys in one weekend.
how long is the drive? and when does it start?
edit: eh.. i get off work at 2:30 so i kinda think we won't have time to make it down there for singles but i haven't looked at how long it will take.. and it says promptly after doubles so i dunno doubles doesn't seem like it will last long for them.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Chicago is about a 3 and a half hour drive from Springfield if you don't speed... I think...
We could probably wait a little after doubles, but I'm not really sure how long doubles is going to take and we can't have everyone waiting for THAT long...
I really don't think doubles is going to take that long, but I guess we'll see how many people show up the day of the tournament. I could call you guys if somehow doubles is going to last that long... Though if doubles takes that long, we would probably have trouble finishing...
Just me thinking out loud :-/

Xyless

Smash Master
Huh, this thread actually caught on. And here, I thought it was just going to be me, ook, and veggie chatting about Genesis the whole time.

Also, we all know that Dajayman is the best IL player by far. He SHDL's in real life. You can't fight that!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Huh, this thread actually caught on. And here, I thought it was just going to be me, ook, and veggie chatting about Genesis the whole time.

Also, we all know that Dajayman is the best IL player by far. He SHDL's in real life. You can't fight that!
lol that was hilarious.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
i told you IL needed this thread jacob, i just didn't want to make it in case it failed... :DDD

btw, late reply but...that bug does look strikingly similar to the one i ganon dair'ed oh so long ago, except i think the one i killed was brown

Quik17

Smash Ace
So, time for a question that will determine just how awesome everyone from Illinois really is.

Cubs or Whitesox?

Cubs baby!!!! (Shintarru sucks :))

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Just cause your state does not have a Major League team, doesn't mean you get to insult my baseball idol! >=O

Step it up and get a real team. =p

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
current time: 04:27 am

i've just spent the last hour hunting a house centipede (if you don't know what it looks like, plz google image search it...and no they don't look like the ones you see outside :bee:), finally got it though. everyone should congratulate me as it was an amazingly tough ordeal

ook

Smash Lord
congrats

I looked it up.... god, that's one of the freakiest bugs I've ever seen.
Why do they need so many legs??? :enforcer:

also, are you in a different time zone or something? (or just posting from the future?)

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
heheh...even with all those legs, they can't seem to stick on walls very well
they're mainly used as a defense mechanism. they can "drop" their legs to escape predators, though i don't really see how it helps much unless they go for it's legs or something while it weasels away.

actually, i'm in new jersey right now. home for the summer

p.s. ook you sleep late :O

Xyless

Smash Master
I've chased after a house centipede in my apartment once. We wanted to crush it when it was on the wall very visible to us, but when we threw something at it, it jumped away like a ninja.

...we were scared for a long time after that.

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
So now that everyone knows that the sox are better than the cubs. Are there any other brawl tourneys in Illinois other than the COB?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Can't believe i didnt know this forum existed until a few minutes ago...that or I just completely forgot about it.

So....

That chicken coop was something fancy.

Kirk

Smash Champion
So here's an idea Tano(Akashi) and I had...

We thought that we could make a youtube channel devoted soley for Illinois smashfests/tourney videos. This would include friendlies, money matches, tournament sets, pretty much anything and everything...with Illinois.

To accomplish this, I suppose I would need input from you guys to see if you think this is a good idea. If it goes through, I'm thinking the best way to go about it would be to have anyone who wants a match uploaded to send the uploader their replays(at the moment that would be me, but anything is subject to change). Or another option would be to give out the password to people and everyone upload their own stuff at their own convenience. The only thing to that is not everyone has the ability(or the will for that matter) to upload videos in the first place...and for those who do, videos would be differing in video quality and such(not that anyone cares about that, but I know I do xD )

If we had our own channel, maybe that would encourage people to get stuff up there, and in the end we'd have a centralized place to look for videos and critiques and the like. I could even advertise to my subscribers...lol.

Sooo....good idea? Bad idea? Let me know what you guys think.

Xyless

Smash Master
I think it's a great idea. I don't have a capture card, but I'm sure someone does.

Though our Solimar Challenge was never captured!

Top Bottom