• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
so, the depaul guys tend to play more in northern il...who are the notable southern il players if anyone knows?

also, i remember raid mentioning that he, scythe, and the twins were planning on going to genesis. i'd like to go too, but i haven't made any plans to do so

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Southern Illinois has zozefup and I. I'm not too sure about people that are central though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
CENTRAL IL!

me and chewyy.

I'm also going to genesis

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
whaaaat, IL plays a lot...it's just that everyone is obviously quiet and reserved. i would like to see a tournament where all the regions met though, if that hasn't happened already at least.

Quik17

Smash Ace
IL does play! The problem is only a few people travel OOS. I belive it's only Norm, Ook, Ripple, and Chewy that go OOS consistantly. I could be wrong though...

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
IL needs to step it up and post some brawl rankings...any volunteers for panelists? Ook? Quik? Arty? Norm? Anyone?!?!? (that's familiar with the IL tourney scene)

We have more than enough players, naming the top 10 should be relatively simple judging by tournament patterns.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
and lol... i just made a list of the top 10 from the top of my head and there were no MKs :)
This is very true. I was doing a list my self and in the Top 10 there no MKs.

Illinois really doesnt have MKs like other Regions, but still do very good without resorting on going MK.

Makes me feel very proud of the state. ;o;

P.S. I hate you all. <3

P.P.S. j/k ;)

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I just killed a gigantic shelled mystery insect by jumping on it with my slippers. It was a sneak attack! Somehow the guts managed to get all over the floor...it's so gross, I don't want to clean it up. Why must my bug encounters always be at like 3 am?!

ANYWAY, I wouldn't mind starting up a group to discuss IL rankings since I really don't have much to do right now...Arty volunteered yay, which basically means Quik will too :) jkjk but ask him for me if he hasn't seen the post already. I'd say around 5-7 panelists total, with at least one from each region (North, Central, South).

If anyone is interested in being a panelist, please drop me a PM. If not, I'll PM you. Thanks!

ook

Smash Lord
At least you killed it, instead of having it fly away at the last second and then buzz all in your face like "aaahhhgg hgaghhhag ghahahhh"

I'm always afraid that's gonna happen when I try to kill bugs.

and sure, I'm interested in being a panelist :)

Arty

Smash Lord
so there are still people that stomp on bugs??... in their own home??.... with slippers!!??

well anyway... quik will be a panelist too... i think

Quik17

Smash Ace
It's freakin hailing by my house!!!!!!!!!

Yah sure I'll be a panelist. So far we got 4 panelists. I think like 2 more and we should be fine. Someone like Norm and Chewyy and/or Ripple would be great.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Is this your mystery insect?

I think it wants revenge.

Sure I'd like to be a panelist.

edit: sorry about the stretch, I didn't realize that picture was that big...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
DK capital of the universe.

chewyy, ur doin it wrong. Start maining DK, now, instead of anti-DK.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
when is the next IL tourney gonna be. o yea i use mk. im gonna take over IL with my knight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235947
thats the next illinois tournament... thats in chicago.. also i guess they are on different days so i mean you could go to both if you really wanted.

anyways i just got back a few hours ago from MWC:east champs, i was the only IL player to go.. lol anyways i got 9th in teams with king yoshi, which i think is pretty good considering he didn't even make it out of singles pools and didn't do singles.

Top Bottom