• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Profiles Thread - Post Your Profile!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Kirk plays project M, san plays only at nationals, ryko lurks once in a blue moon. Ryo is the only other big Ike and people fear him.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Does Ryo have youtube videos? Scratch that, I watched a video, and he doesn't seem like a San...in fact, my Ike may not be too far behind his. I just need solid tournament experience. Is this like a "RIG" kinda deal.

C.J.

Smash Master
Does Ryo have youtube videos? Scratch that, I watched a video, and he doesn't seem like a San...in fact, my Ike may not be too far behind his. I just need solid tournament experience. Is this like a "RIG" kinda deal.
Uh lol? Yeah, beating Razer, with prejudice, taking games from gnes, ranked well in Florida, etc is totally unimpressive. Ryo is the best Ike atm, and no you're not close to him lol

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You can always watch San vs Ryo and watch as he crushes your standards of a good Ike.

Watching is not playing. You might keep up in your mind with what they are doing spectating, but that doesn't mean you'd keep up in an actually match. Not only do you have to keep up, you have a character to control.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ryo and I were even when we last played. He is even better now. If I had to play a serious set vs him, I would consider going Jigglypuff.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I didn't say you got crushed.

Guy goes "Ryo isn't good like san"
I go "Ryo beat san, watch video kbyethx"

I said his standards of a good Ike would be crushed.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I didn't think you said I got crushed o_O. What I meant is that I really don't want to do a super serious Ike Ditto if I had to play him in tournament, and would consider going Jigglypuff.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
How do you judge my ike without seeing it? Anyways, his Ike is good. I watched a bad example the first time I guess. Good mindgames, good pressure. I'm still gonna have the audacity to say I can reach his Ike one day. It's not like he's using some secret techniques that aren't able to be recreated/learned.

I didn't say you got crushed.

Guy goes "Ryo isn't good like san"
I go "Ryo beat san, watch video kbyethx"

I said his standards of a good Ike would be crushed.
I said "...he doesn't seem like a San..." I'm only human, I can be wrong right? Before this, I was convinced San was the best Ike.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There are a bunch of people like you who come here saying this a lot. If you prove yourself by actually getting results then we'll acknowledge your Ike.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough, but I live in the suburbs of philly, and I don't hear of many tournaments. I do want to enter the tournament scene, but I'm not a traveler...NJ is the furthest I'd go.

C.J.

Smash Master
NY/NJ is the strongest region in the US... If you're willing to go to NJ, then you have a TON of opportunities to go to events.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
NY/NJ is the strongest region in the US... If you're willing to go to NJ, then you have a TON of opportunities to go to events.
I'd just need a ride and an open schedule. I'll figure it out. In the mean time, I'll study ryo/san and break their Ikes down and incorporate what I can into improving my ike.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I don't have a good picture of me right now and I look like a mess today, so no chance for the picture as of currently.

My name is Rolex in the Brawl universe, I go by the pseudonym Ishmael when I'm online (but I hate Moby ****, where I took inspiration for my name from). I live in Central Florida, I'm 16 years old, I'm a sophomore in high school with a current GPA of 4.37. I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall, 6 foot 3 when I'm wearing shoes for some reason. I'm a huge fan of Linux Ubuntu and I wear thick rimmed glasses.

I've been playing French horn for about five years (it'll be five years in August). I've been playing piano for quite a long time, something akin to about nine years, but a good 90% of that has been piddling on the piano. I only took formal lessons for about a year and a half when I was a younger kid. I can speak, read, and write Chinese semi-fluently; my writing and reading skills are more advanced than my speaking skills. I don't currently have a job other than being a student, but this summer I'm looking into a job so I can save money for a good college.

I started playing Ike a little while ago after adopting it from one of my friends, who also mains Ike. My favorite move for Ike is his u-tilt and his n-air. I prefer the u-tilt because even if my opponents roll behind me, I can still hash out a u-tilt and clip them with the back of my sword. I've mained Luigi, Wario, Ness, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, and R.O.B. None of them are as fun as Ike.

I enjoy Ike because of his movements, his strength, and the timing it takes to use him correctly. If you miss even twenty frames on the reaction portion of his attacks, you've missed your chance of taking the match, and that's what makes Ike a little challenging to use. I find that Ike isn't a character you can just pick up and instantly be good with; he's one you have to work with consistently to improve upon.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Wow, I can't believe I haven't done this already. I'm John, I go by Durango, Rango, or OgnarPliskin online. I'm 25 years old and I've been playing Smash Bros. since it came out. While I was semi-serious in Melee against friends, it wasn't until Brawl came out in 2008 that I became a serious, competitive player. I had a background of playing online games like Jump Ultimate Stars to prepare me for online, and it was Smash that became my gateway into fighting games such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and other fighting games I play online. Ironically, it was because of those games that I abandoned the Smash scene for several years before making my return.

I'm a college student enrolled in my final year at GRU. I'm a Theater major with a Communications Studies background, and I work as a host at Red Robin (yummm!), which also happens to be my VERY FAVORITE place to eat! I love playing video games, watching anime, reading comics, watching movies, going bowling, and dressing up in costumes for superhero movies and Halloween. My favorite season is winter, my favorite holiday is Christmas, and my birthday is on October 13th. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and girlfriend and cherish them very highly.

My favorite games to play are anything Nintendo. Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., Metroid, Kid Icarus, you name it. I'm a huge fan of fighting games, as I had mentioned before, and I also LOVE RPGs like Bravely Default, Xenoblade, Tales, Fire Emblem, Mario RPGs, and Final Fantasy. Probably my favorite one as of late is Dark Souls. It's a deep, wonderful game that has really impacted me. I'm a boss at Mario Kart, so if I lose at Smash, come at me in MK! >:)

Living in Augusta, GA sucks because there is literally no tournament scene here. Only three people have ever really given me serious competition: Fratos the Mercenary, CaptN Feathers, and best of all, thetruelombardi. These guys have put me away at several local tournaments, even though I managed to win one. I would like to invite more people to play so we can practice offline and not have to deal with lag, but where we live, that'll be the day. We have Level Up, a game center in our area that hosts play sessions and tournaments, so when the new Smash Bros. comes out, maybe the scene will get bigger.

Brawl online is done on May 20th. I may stop being competitive at that point. However, now that I have my own car, I plan to go to tournaments for the new Smash Bros., and most of all, be a serious competitor in the game like never before. I have nothing to hold me back, and I want to be a memorable name in that game. Bring your best, it'll be a whole new world, and if my best friend comes back, we'll be a doubles team like no other.

Funny story time. The first time I won a local tournament, the payout was about $70. I took my best friend and one of his friends to celebrate (this was in 2009). We headed out to Pizza Hut and the service was really bad. The lady was incredibly rude to us, so I told the manager (who happened to be the very person who told me about the Tournament Center in the first place!). Using a $30 gift card I had, I still had $5 on the card, so I didn't even have to pay out of my tournament money. ;)

Lastly, I'm also a writer and have created several characters in Soul Calibur, each with given backstories on my DeviantART page (adrianfarenheittepes.deviantart.com). My main character wields a big sword, has a bandanna, and a disregard for higher authority. With high HP, strength, defense, and speed, I based him largely on Ike. :)

Top Bottom