• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Finder thread - If you main Ike read, if you want to fight an Ike, read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
sonic? lucario? lucas? who are all these people? I thought it was the Ike finder thread...

So odd how other mains just come in here and the color thread to post there colors and hope for wifi matches I guess.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yessirie, this topic is for anybody who mains OR PLAYS IKE AS A STRONG SECONDARY.

:093:

Oceans14

Smash Rookie
Hey, Oceans14 here. I main Ike, and would like to battle some other Ikes to see how I match up, get tips, etc. Here's the info type stuff:

Nickname: Oceans14
Real name (optional): Major
Place of residence (or wherever you are most of the time): Kent, Washington
Friend Code (optional): just look at my profile :p
Division: Pacific West.

Unfortunately, given that school takes up a lot of my time, and that i am taking three, yes THREE, College courses in high school i am rather busy. Just PM me if you wanna brawl and i'll try to make time.

Oceans14

Smash Rookie
lol, nobody believes me. You could name any situation where I have met someone for the first time, and EVERY time you get something like this:

Me: "Hi, name's Major. Nice to meet you." (Although I probably won't introduce myself like that)

Other: "no way. That's not a nickname or something?"

Me: "no."

Other: "was there a reason your parents named you that?"

Me: "wanted a unique name."

Other: "REALLY now."

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sorry, it just IS kind of hard to believe anybody had a name like "major"

He already figured it out though, I updated the list.

If you don't mind, what's your last name?

Oceans14

Smash Rookie
Last name's Bruno. Yes, make all the jokes you want. I've probably heard 'em all :p

MikuMiku~

Smash Cadet
Nickname: Miku~ (Wi-fi Brawl)
Real name (optional): Jessica (I prefer Jessy)
Place of residence (or wherever you are most of the time):Florida. However, I spend most of my time smashing in Alabama with my cousins! :]
Friend Code (optional): 2707 1472 1663
Division: Pacific East

Because of being harassed at my first local tournament, I will most likely not go out of my way to meet someone in person for a friendly or two. However, I would love to play all of you online! <3

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If they wanted a unique name why ds they call you major? That's not a name... Well now it is... But not the point. Oh well I though any name is possible after seeing North as a name...

Aero sounds like a cool name now...

EDIT: well Miku unless you could take a trip to NJ I won't ask to meet you in person. Alabama.. Some day I'll visit there.. But north not the area near Florida.

Sucks you got harassed :/

Edit 2: unsmart is not a word...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ussi, both you and Ryko are hardcore Ike users at heart. You know that. :laugh:

And to be entirely honest, Miku is the first female Ike main/seconder I've seen, actually. But harassment, are you serious?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ehh first female Ike? Soo what? There a billion girls on the pikachu forums guess that's why Its not clicking...

We might be hardcore Ike users but we happen to live in an anti Ike zone...

Harassment doesn't surprise me.. Not all smashers are civil... Some also might not like losing to a girl :p

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
A girl smasher? Hurry everybody crowd around her!!!!

edit: I remember in my first tournament I got seeded into a pool with these 2 collage guys and a girl. The other two guys where really nervous of playing against her which was pretty funny. She used pikachu too though maybe she posts in the pikachu boards 0.0

I would assume there are a lot of girls in the peach boards too.

MikuMiku~

Smash Cadet
Edit 2: unsmart is not a word...
It is now... and that is the point :p
See? Even my siggy is incorrect! xDDD

Ussi, both you and Ryko are hardcore Ike users at heart. You know that. :laugh:

And to be entirely honest, Miku is the first female Ike main/seconder I've seen, actually. But harassment, are you serious?
Yes, it was a very immature action done by a couple of guys at the tournament. I left soon after.

And olive Ike is amazing! xDDD I'm sure there are more girls out there using him!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Brawl tags don't really mean anything about gender... One guy had LOVE as a tag for a joke..

Girls go to Marth because he is more feminine

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Top three female characters:

Pikachu
Ice climbers
Marth...
This is too good.

I'll add you ASAP Miku, I just had to scan the page to see if anybody else has added themselves in the meantime.

Edit: Done.

MikuMiku~

Smash Cadet
lol! I was using Oceans set up and forgot to change Pacific to Atlantic. D: sorry Kinzer.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah whatever, I had a good "O.o" to a ":laugh:" myself.

:093:

I'll just leave it in there to make fun of you then, but if you really take offense let me know and I'll do it again in the more proper manner.

MikuMiku~

Smash Cadet
^^ I won't take offense to it. xDD It will be something for me to laugh on when I view it later.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
In other news since we have so many new Ike users posting here I should work on bringing The Gimp Project / Mystic Tomes / Detailed Match-ups up to speed. Expect to see those worked on over the course of the next few days.

I've also said "screw it" and decided to re-instate using Ike on WiFi recently. The key is to not get long term used to the timings. So if anyone is bored enough, drop a PM by.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You people diss Wi-Fi so much when it's really just the laggy matches you're making fun of.

Seriously, if you get a decent connection with somebody else, it's the next best thing to getting matchup experience.

It was my only means of getting matches, until my dad was willing to take my to the weeklies here in Vegas.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Kinzer, I used too see brawl in that perspective but quoting wifi has made me better. You don't even be a full match up experience. Harder match ups are EASIER on wifi..

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
In other news since we have so many new Ike users posting here I should work on bringing The Gimp Project / Mystic Tomes / Detailed Match-ups up to speed. Expect to see those worked on over the course of the next few days.

I've also said "screw it" and decided to re-instate using Ike on WiFi recently. The key is to not get long term used to the timings. So if anyone is bored enough, drop a PM by.
Not like those Ike's are actually good. Like that one guy saying Ike owns in hyrule and all that other junk.

You people diss Wi-Fi so much when it's really just the laggy matches you're making fun of.

Seriously, if you get a decent connection with somebody else, it's the next best thing to getting matchup experience.

It was my only means of getting matches, until my dad was willing to take my to the weeklies here in Vegas.
Honestly if you think we diss wifi to much it's only because you suck. The better you get the more you notice how bad it is, and if you ever stop playing for a week or 2 once your at that level you will never want to go back to it again.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
D***it I don't suck, I got 17th place out of 44 people who entered at my first tourney... granted, that was with Sonic, but I don't suck!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
that doesn't mean much. Ryko got last this saturday and I think everyone will agree on him being better than you. He's probably better than me too.

Placing high in tournaments isn't actually that hard unless A. It's a really big tournament with lots of good people or B. it's a small tournament with only good people. In big local tournaments things don't get hard till later rounds like quarter or eighths finals. Which is around where 17th would be.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
meh, I never said I was better than him. >.>

So that's my first tourney (with Sonic), I'll see if I can do better next time, or see how far my Ike can take me, I'll try him next week because soem locals are interested in seeing my Sonic for some reason...

I'll show you... heck, even SK92 & Tudor are there if you heard of them, there are some cool/good people down ehre in Vegas.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom