• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
on the topic of Dair, the hitbox is great against g&w when he is on the ground.

also, i use lot's of dair. it's great, it get them above you and is extremely safe on retreat or on platforms.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
You can also dash-dance in front of them and fake em' out. It's not used very often by many top players, but it is useful.

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
If i footstool lets say diddykong then as i do that i fallow it by an UpB will that be a kill move?{Im talking offstage}

Zulo

Smash Ace
The up+b isn't necessary. That's just useful when you do it on stage because it gets you to the ground faster. You'd be better off trying to continue the gimp, since you can't attack out of WoI without dying if you used it offstage.

But footstooling is always epic.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
zulo, using the UP B right after based on the screen height because the wind makes it a spike into the spike zone and they instantly die and you still recover because it's freakin WOI. so don't say it's not useful, more like just very specific.

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
Oh yes i knew it wasnt useless :D!!

Btw can someone tell wut chain grabs pit has against the roster?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Still missing some things

Toon Link: Grab throw Forward, Buffer Sliding Up-smash. 17-31%
Wolf: Grab throw forward, Dtilt. 21%
Falco: Grab throw forward, Dtilt. 21%
Fox: Grab throw forward, Dtilt. 21%
Kirby: Grab throw forward, walk forward D-smash. 17%-29%
Jigglypuff: Grab throw forward, Dashing Up-smash. 31%
Ivysaur: Grab throw forward, SS, F-smash. 32%

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thx you ptzr. never really tested out anything but fsmash stuff, and even then i mostly focused on just the CG. ill edit that stuff in since even i didn't know that you could get guarenteed fthrow>dtilt on anybody. that's kinda hype.

edit:

if you see anything else that matters that is missing, please point it out so i can add it. wow, now that i think about it, that thread is the thread that first earned me acknowledgement as a player. how nostalgic

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sorry to go off topic a bit here guys but can someone link me to the Pit v Marth MU please? I'm having trouble with Marth lately and would like to know what to do.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
**** pit vs marth. i hate it worse than pit vs mk. i consider it pit's worst matchup in the game.
you just got to respect that his sword is better than yours in every way. i usually switch characters lol

ive been experimenting with using a grounded up-B's invincibility sometimes instead of other evasion moves like spotdodges, it seems safer depending on what move you're evading bc although the invincibility doesn't last as long it sends you upward out of reach and you can immediately drop down with an aerial. I've seen like esca and people use it like that. what are the merits of using this in certain situations and why don't more pits use it?

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
I really dont find this MU hard imo xD just camp,learn when to attack and i think u should be ok xD idk.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
**** pit vs marth. i hate it worse than pit vs mk. i consider it pit's worst matchup in the game.
you just got to respect that his sword is better than yours in every way. i usually switch characters lol

ive been experimenting with using a grounded up-B's invincibility sometimes instead of other evasion moves like spotdodges, it seems safer depending on what move you're evading bc although the invincibility doesn't last as long it sends you upward out of reach and you can immediately drop down with an aerial. I've seen like esca and people use it like that. what are the merits of using this in certain situations and why don't more pits use it?
His sword is only better if he spaces correctly. Besides we have a bow first, and 2 swords second.

Anyway If you get knocked offstage after using grounded up-B you die. It can be a useful escape if timed right and cancels out some grounded moves at times. More pits don't use it because it's risky when you don't know when you should be using it.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Thanks for the links guys, i'll start studying soon.

Gadiel: I try to avoid the pit boards after being flamed for disagreeing with someone saying masashi was over-rated. I see this is no longer the case and masashi seems to be getting the respect he deserves but I still try avoid posting here.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Flashiest offline...i'd say krystedez or yass.

Most aggro? Koolaid. He's da bess at it. Maybe kiraflax. But the guy get's like 0 matches uploaded. The last match i remember seeing of him was him vs tkd.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Thanks for the links guys, i'll start studying soon.

Gadiel: I try to avoid the pit boards after being flamed for disagreeing with someone saying masashi was over-rated. I see this is no longer the case and masashi seems to be getting the respect he deserves but I still try avoid posting here.

:phone:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296337

Marth summary in here.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
After playing Earth some at Genesis 2 I feel Earth is a better Pit that dude is so smart. <3

I am the flashiest, Kuro? :x lol well I'll try to show off some more with a few replays later, if I get my friend to record for once (still waiting on AP match...)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
After playing Earth some at Genesis 2 I feel Earth is a better Pit that dude is so smart. <3

I am the flashiest, Kuro? :x lol well I'll try to show off some more with a few replays later, if I get my friend to record for once (still waiting on AP match...)
Flashiest=stuff i haven't seen b4. Which you do. A bunch. Haha.

Aka your one of the more unique pits.

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
only wifi vids lol

my vids from my last tourney didn't get uploaoded bcuz i play too much

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's nice of you to say Kuro, thanks. I strive to be unique! However, it costs me sometimes, heh. I need to work on my reads, which I started on after playing Earth. I got so many good reading styles now!

Top Bottom