• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
plus our moves eat him up because he extends his hurt box. the only thing ROB has that could make it a even MU is the fact that he is the 3rd character who can effectively chase us under the stage with his up b and he has lazer. but we win enough onstage and he definitely doesn't force the approach.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Humm. What exactly should a DACUS look like? I am definitely moving forward as I USmash, but I can't tell if it's the momentum from the dash or momentum from a dash ATTACK... I feel like I should be going farther. '-'

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There has been one thing that's recently been on my mind. Item-managing and Glidetossing. Whenever I fight a Peach, ZSS, Diddy, and even ROB, you know, characters with "items" around, I seem to wonder if I'm using the items against the opponent the right way or the wrong way. I know it may vary depending on the player, but it kinda concerns me.

Like sometimes, against a ZSS, I find myself glidetossing away from ZSS while throwing the armor piece up, and then use an arrow if possible, or run back to catch it with a SH N-air or something. Sometimes I get 2 of em with me, throw one up, Glidetoss away while item is thrown upwards, and use em as a temporary barrier as I use arrows. There are occasions where I Full-hop and throw the armor piece down, and B-air at the right time (if done right, I should be able to grab the armor piece again), especially if a ZSS is close.
At the same time, it's sometimes hard for me to figure out how the opponent is gonna use his/her items. What kind of combinations of follow-ups involving item usage and/or glidetossing do you use, and during what situations? I'm curious of effective ways of using the opponent's items against them.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
With the right spacing I usually glide toss towards them and grab or dsmash. You get more use out of items if you use them to s approach instead of retreat

:phone:

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Very, very situational question here, but I'm wondering... Okay, Mirror Shield will only block attacks less than around 60%, right? And we know that if two Pits were to fire back and forth one would eventually get hit with a 60%+ arrow.

Would the Pit that stays alive always be the one that originally fired the arrow, or would that vary? I say so because if the damage count is increasing by the same amount every time this happens, the result should always be the same, unless I'm missing some crucial detail here. In fact... If nobody knows the answer, I might even try this out myself to see. (I'm not positive about Fox/Wolf's reflectors' properties, but I have to wonder about those too...)

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey, thanks. I bet I could find SOME use out of this... Perhaps try to bait a Fox into using the Reflector? If they don't know this then it could work... I think.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Pit's Side B doesn't break the projectile just gets reflected to the point where it just goes through it and kills him, Mirror Shield Can break like Fox's Down B and Wolf Down B

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Which characters can chaingrab us, and at what damage percents could each of them start a fresh chain?

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Might seem like a stupid question but: what's the fastest way to pivot arrow?

I've got down dash --> shield --> pivot arrow but have seen in videos people pivot arrow out of a dash and I can't seem to do it...

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
B-reverse. I'll show you Thursday but basically neutral b then tap opposite direction like the frame after. Immediate pivot arrow. When you do it in the air it reverses your momentum as well. Different from tapping the opposite direction just before neutral b when you turn and your momentum stays the same that can't be done on the ground.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
See, I can pivot arrow out of dash, but the problem I have is distinguishing from turning and arrowing and turning and ARing... What kind of button presses should I make to be sure I get the one I want?

Also, what's a good way to improve between tourneys when you're significantly better than all of your friends? The method I've discovered is getting everybody together and putting myself in a 3v1. It can get kind of hard, ESPECIALLY when I disallow myself to ledge camp. x_x Well, this and resorting to Wi-Fi. Good idea? Y/N

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If your getting angel ring then that means you didn't let the control stick return to neutral b4 attempting the b-reverse arrow.

so instead of <--- ___ B -> you did <---B --->.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
When you're that much better than your friends the best you can do is get them better and once they're at your level you evolve together. Wifi is a good option too, but make sure to play good people close to your state.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Or just find someone with a good connection. When i get to play kryst there's like 0 lag which is why i love playing him for training as far as wifi goes.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well i'd imagine simply cuz both of us have really good interwebz :p

I know i do. We paid for what businesses usually pay for.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
does anyone else feel almost more connected when we are here on the boards than (for the most part...) when we were all in the same spot aka apex? idk i feel like we are more like family when we are posting and less so when we were all together. i mean the pic was great to get and all, but like i feel like we are all so much more like family when we are farther away from each other if that makes any sense to you guys.

not saying i don't want to see you guys again. im plotting ways for us to somehow have that Pit Dinner we never had. but my money is already being saved for 2 individuals (to be un-named) at whobo4 so everyone else has to try and get a diff sponser. im gonna be putting up a mad fight to get as many pit's out here as possible tho. already looking for other sponsers for the people i can't sponsor. for reals i wanna see yall again but with less distractions

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol. Idk about anyone else but for me it was me wandering around jumping on any free setup and trying to play as much as possible at apex.

Btw maha.

Your pool was on my friends wii.

And i watched all your matches.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
plz don't talk about it. like for reals. bassem is great, and wario is a demon. then MK/g&w. then after i lost to mvd game 1 i gave up and went aggro falco because i knew getting out of pools was impossible so don't even think that's all my falco is capable of. of course i then just forfeited last match to kirby because why waste my time (i had much better stuff to do with my time than play a pointless pools game). seriously i hate how i did at apex. but even more than that.... actually no im not salty at them anymore and im not gonna bring it up

edit:

okay, i might be a little salty at gnes trela zori and pj still for not cheering me on even though i hyped their matches as much as i could at least twice each, a couple of them i hyped like 6 times that day. i mean at least sync was there for a min and P4 had his own pool to deal with so no salt at them. and im only salty because i do better when my friends cheer me on and no one was there. felt like forever alone guy

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
After watching i'm starting to grasp more of how to actually explain your specific scenario to you in a way that will actually be beneficial.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
After watching i'm starting to grasp more of how to actually explain your specific scenario to you in a way that will actually be beneficial.

*prays to palutena that you come through on this, is desparate and my ICs are becoming very on point, but doesn't wanna drop pit ever*

@luckay

i know, it's just that i put forward the effort to find their matches and listened for them just so i could hype my bros. although i understand not everyone thinks like i do. still i was sad and salty no one from tx was cheering me on

edit:

is everyone gonna start calling me abe lol?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Only calling you that because I met you and know your name lol. And to be honest your pool was kind of a death pool so even though they were rooting for you, your texas peeps probably already knew how youd fair against MVD/Bassem and were more interested in more hyped matches is all. A smaller tourney with less people playing at the same time of course there would be some TX behind you.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
im fine with yall calling me abe lol. it's just im not used to it because everyone i hang with here who knows my name still calls me maharba just because they like the sound it lol.

and damn you're right my pool was a death pool. top 3 wario (and since im no dez/any other wario killer it's -2 or -3 for me personally), mvd, and then an MK/g&w. damn i shoulda gone falco the whole time lol. but i refuse to use anyone but my main when i playing serious as my secondaries are not ready.

or as zori would say

"your secondaries body is not ready my son"

edit:

damn, i really shoulda just not used pit against them. falco actually might have had a chance against bassem and MK/G&W guy. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i regret nothing

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol i can tell you without a doubt your falco would of got bodied by bassem. Without going into detail yet pit was def. the correct choice.

The best thing i learned at apex was never doubt your main. I did. And it cost me getting out of pools r1...

But ya...i got you covered. Just gimme some time to get it all written out~

Btw, just saying, you have no reason to be using ic at home.

I saw you mess up basic pit ATs, autocancels, and even spacing was kinda off.

Practice dat **** at home homie.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
but all you saw was my sad salty falco against mvd. unless you watched it vs gnes in my 28 min vid where i used him twice. seriously it's not as bad as you saw.

edit:

sometimes my controller inputs my commands twice so that's usually when i mess up my pit ATs (in my falco match against mvd at one point we just kinda stand there because while we were playing i tried to multi-task unplugging and replugging my controller and he was honorable and didn't punish me. <3 mvd). spacing, ya that i take blame for.

and i just saw ur edit

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I saw the long video. And a few other ones.

I also watched your pools matches. And i can tell you w/o a doubt that vs bassem your falco was not ready.

You should do what i do and just practice fluid movement for 30-60 minutes a day against cpu.

I'm working on how to explain this ish to you. It'll just be a little bit as i got irl problems atm so i can't really focus on smash too much atm.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Cuz everyone gave up after starting one and then someone else would take over. We should have a complete one by next summer i hope. We would of already been continuing it(as i said we'd start after apex) but my laptop got broke at apex sooooo until i get it fixed we're at a standstill.

Top Bottom