• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol i love doing standing b-reverse then buffering the turn around to b-reverse again. It looks so cool :)

ANd it seems like it lets me fire faster. But that's prolly an illusion caused by the constant movement :p

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the replies
ok I tested it and it's really a bit faster.
I have to practise a bit more so I can pull it out when ever I want.

Now my next question: buffering
When you input something while you perform a move this is buffering isn't it?
I don't know much about it I never cared about these pseudo technics I played the game more casual but I'm bored because I have to much freetime at the moment so I want to learn them

How does buffering exactly work with pit, can I buffer any move in any move?
Has it much use to buffer with pit?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
To buffer a move you have to input it during the last 10 frames of a move. I think you can input up to 4 buttons if you're fast, that's how falco can buffer a dacus.

I think its useful to buffer moves like dash attack, jab, and fsmash out of a pivot arrow. Also i buffer utilt out of a short hop nair. Buffer moves when you airdodge to the ground as well.
:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i have not. but i've always felt it would be a great team with getting kills being the only real set back. i mean, with a banana or 2, diddy is more than proficient at 2v1

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Really? Cuz i've been experimenting with it and it seems to work nicely =/.

But so far my fav is Double Pit, D3 pit(only if they aren't double mk), and wario pit( soooo goooood)

DellSmashman

Smash Cadet
Why do so many Pit players do unnecessary technical stuff? I'm watching them play and then they do some UpB and loop arrow thingy, and Snake just throws out like any move and hits them lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
mk/pit, wario/pit, luigi/pit, pit/pit, g&w/pit, snake/pit, falco/pit, marth/pit (none of this is in order) are all teams that i love playing. but my 4 most prefered would be wario/luigi/snake/mk (not in order, i like all of those 4 equal)

edit:

go watch masashi, koolaid, earth, and kiraflax. they are the current stars

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Kirk aka the Ike man? Wow a lot of people are liking Pit. I like the way this is turning out for us.

Edit Kirk use Dair for momentum canceling.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yeah, still playing ike...I still have a few habits that carry over, like being super aggro lol, not used to playing someone with a projectile yet. I do notice that dair has ridiculous iasa, def will try to remember using that for momentum cancel.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It's all good Kirk, I use to be an Ike main too. Glad to see ya using Pit though. :)

You'll transition to Pit in no time. I see you using the Up-smash and Uptilt a lot though. That's a good start

Kirk

Smash Champion
<3 frame 1-2 startup on utilt. Usmash seems like a great oos punish.

I've been using fsmash as a damage racker(19% fresh is pretty nice) but I'm unsure if that's the best way to go about using it yet, as the staling kills its...kill potential.

I'm still a bit uncomfortable offstage, as I tend to screw up the edgeguard and get gimped as a result. Something I just need to practice I suppose?

I've also come to realize how unsafe gliding can be...I've gotten killed for it on more than one occasion...I guess its safer to use it low and not be intercepted when recovering?

Also I've read on all these movement/sliding/woi techs and unsure if I should focus on practicing them or not...

Just realized this is the q&a thread...I guess I'm in the right spot!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey kirk! aint seen or heard from ya since whobo! anyways, don't bother with the ATs until you have basic pit down. the only one that is really important to learn early on is Wing Refresh

Kirk

Smash Champion
Honestly I'm surprised people still know of me lol...its been awhile since I've done anything...moreso since I've never ventured here before xD.

Yea I know about wing refresh, just have to learn to apply it properly. Was also looking at pivot arrows, which seems like a good thing to learn also.

Another question, angel ring: I find it to be a good tool for pressure, as well as a feasible option for edgeguarding/pressuring your opponent hanging on the ledge for certain characters...but I'm thinking it should still be used sparingly due to its endlag and availability of other options...does that sound close to correct?

Thanks for the responses so far, its been helping!

Zulo

Smash Ace
Yeah, people can SDI behind us when we give them time. There's a small windbox at the end of the move but it still isn't that safe. Along with the ways you mentioned, it can also be used as a landing mixup if you think they'll shieldgrab, and can halt Diddy's momentum to some extent. It's situational.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Its actually works best as an edgeguarding tool since its a lasting hitbox and very large. It's hard for people to jump over it, but they can roll behind you from the ledge and get up attack so do use it sparingly

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
anyone willing to make me a combo video? if i record the vids ?

i just suck at that kind of stuff lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yaa i'm bad at it as well. Ik kryst/luckay/link are good at it. Ik whoever did yass' is amazing at it.

You should try someone in your area though. That always works out better haha.

Unless someone here steps up.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
jab, plank, mirror shield, AR at the edge, bair for the kill or fsmash if they get cocky. falco mu in a nutshell. oh yeah, always stay near a ledge, that's realllllllllly important. but just look up where me, ptzr, and koolaid discussed the MU, it's all there from us 3.

btw,
falco discussion next kuro, so many people ask about it.

Top Bottom