• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
kuro. i have only played logic and RichBrown. there you go, all of my olimar experience comes from playing those 2. i ****ing hate the MU because those 2 are wayyyy to good. it is that bad for me personally. although i did wreck an olimar that wasn't those 2 one time..... but that was just the one time. so im heavily biased since i only have experience against those 2 players bro.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
When I short hop (with no horizontal movement) and do a fair/bair with the c-stick, sometimes I just SH forwards/backwards. Is this normal? Its not my controller, could it be my disc?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Its happens sometimes. Basically you hit your C-stick in a manner thats not the four manners of smashes. If you did that with Tilt Stick you'd Nair instead of doing said aerial you where trying to preform.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Basically he dropped due to a some what inactivity on Pit mains parts. I honestly think tier list should be based on match up not potential and etc

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Ally picks up Wolf, Wolf +6.

A good player picks up a crappy character. Get M2K to pick up Ganon for a month and he'll be mid tier.

Wish tier lists were ACTUALLY based on MUs.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Ally picks up Wolf, Wolf +6.

A good player picks up a crappy character. Get M2K to pick up Ganon for a month and he'll be mid tier.

Wish tier lists were ACTUALLY based on MUs.
Kain and seagull main repping Wolf <____< Saying that ally matters on wolfs placement on the tierlist is like saying I played link once therefore he should be higher then what he already is

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Snake dropped because. People are finding ways around him. You still got Fatal, Razer and etc. Like I can understand what he ment though.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Meh idk. When i watch razer he doesn't make it seem like those "ways" are working. Razer is so innovative. I think ppl way over exaggerate snakes weaknesses.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I think Snake beats Diddy Kong. Even though he's juggle bait, it doesn't matter when he dies so late and kills so early.

What's up Pit mains?

I have a couple of questions I want to ask and I'd like you guys to help me answer them. They're all related to Norfair by the way.

1) How does your character fare with just the stage? Does your character benefit from the layout and the numerous hazards or do they normally hinder you?
2) How does your character generally fare on this stage against certain matchups? Does he excel in a lot of them and only has a few bad MUs, or is he generally bad on this stage against a large portion of the cast?
3) What are some general strategies for your character on this stage? Controlling the center? Stalling? Staying mobile?
4) Overall, would you say that this stage is mostly good for your character, mostly bad, or depends?

Thanks in advance!

This mass survey across most of the character boards is admin approved.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
twinkie, i would venture to say norfair is one of pit's top 3 stages. even his worst MUs (wario and MK) are debuffed greatly due how well pit does on this stage. the platform layout along with pit's abililty to platform cancel the entirety of the stage with Wing Cancel, along with being able to glide and wing refresh give pit godlike mobility on this stage. he can mirror shield lava plumes, and hide in the lava wall for up to 3 pushes on the shield, along with his mobility pit can use the hazards to his advantages. also his sharking with u-air and his bair both sharked out of Wings allow for reliable ways to damage and kill the opponent. also i have not even mentioned his ferocious arrow camp game here due to his mobility, there is no character imo that can hope to out camp pit on this stage. the only threats here are MK, g&w, wario, who are not as threatening as they are on normal stages. everyone else is either our advantage or even, and it does shift MUs in our favor. the strategies here are usually either aggro aerial, hard camp with lots of sharking and gimp set ups, or time out (which would usually focus on wario).

ill go into more detail later, gotta smash

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Pit definitely does good on norfair. His planking game and aerial game get a nice boost so that's probably what pit would be doing on this stage. Its really easy to shark the middle platform as well.

:phone:

fUddO

Smash Ace
1) Norfair is a top stage for Pit. The hazards help to augment Pit's killing power, while Pit has great options like multiple jumps, glides, and upB to avoid hazards. The size of the stage is great for camping, and by staying in the centre of the stage, Pit can take advantage of his amazing Uair.

2) Honestly, I think this stage helps against MK. MK can't plank as easily due to the lava, since he is forced of the ledge and can be plinked with arrows. Meanwhile, the size and layout makes it easier to get away and below MK, since that is one of the few places where Pit has a minor advantage over MK (imo). Against Wario, Pit doesn't see as much benefit due to Wario's great mobility and heavy weight, but I still feel it's a valid CP. Against other characters, Pit would probably only want to avoid this stage against Olimar, because of the difficulty to gimp him here, but even so, it's not too bad. In general, it's helps Pit much more than it harms him in almost all matchups.

3) Pit can employ multiple strategies on this stage. My favourites are camping the centre of the stage with Uair, or running away to the far edges of the stage to arrow camp, with a quick retreat under the stage when approached.

4) Helps Pit.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Sagemoon used to love this stage when he played. We can also circle camp this stage against slow characters or characters who can't quickly cross from one top platform to the other, while spamming arrows. Other than that, what Maharba said. We can shark better than a lot of characters here because there isn't land underneath each platform, so characters that rely on usmash or utilt like Snake can have trouble.

The survey is going to be a small section of a massive guide I'm making.

Spoilers: I think it's going well. :)

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
hello dear pit fellows,

I'm pretty new here and english is not my mother tongue. Sorry for all the mistakes I'll make :p

I main Pit since brawl was released my arrow contol is decent I can loop where ever I want if I have a couple of seconds but I have trouble to pull out an arrow rain. I now it's rarly usefull but sometimes I have time too shoot 4 arrow in the air.
So my questions:

1.How do you move your controll stick when you try to arrow rain? My problem is that I normally shoot the arrows horizontal and loop them but if want to perform an arrow rain you have to shoot all 4 vertical. Some advice would be awesome :)

2.I never manage it to spike with my down tilt. When I hit my opponent I always hit with the tip. When there are in range for the spike hitbox they can grap the ledge and gain the invulnerable frames.

3. Some general tips for a pit who is new to the meta game.I normally play just against friends.
I'm awere of pit's usefull advanced technics like arrow loop or wing renewal.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
1. the easiest way to do this is shoot 4 up, then do a half boomerang loop (the one where you shoot it up and loop it to come hit their back) and look for the arrow. when you see hit, hit down where you want it and hold down and it will rain.

2.the spikebox is pit's actual body, not a part of the blade. it goes from his knee elbow touch, to his back foot all the way down his back, to his front foot, back up to the knee elbow area. any part in that dimension of animation will spike like a beast.

3.read the ultimate guide on things like. also learn how to pivot arrow (grounded B-reversal) while you retreat, and get a solid on the edge game. read the Chaingrab thread, actually read a lot of the stuff in the "one stop pit stop" thread.

oh and this is important. know that it is better to spam charged non loop arrows at different timings than it is to loop an arrow. however, looping has it's uses on reads and edgeguarding, as well as a fear tactic to just go in and get them.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the quick answer :)
I finally manage it to perform an arrow rain and the thing with his spike hitbox is nice to know.

Well what are these pivot arrows and how do I perform these and what is the advantage?
The problem with the pit thread is that a lot of old links to adavanced technics doesn't work anymore.
Either way imo a lot of them looks nice on paper but they are pretty useless in a real fight.

And I love my loops. I mix up my arrow play but most of the time I loop one or two. I have a pretty good accuracy, so I can build a lot of pressure. My opponents mostly thing oh he shoots an arrow to the sky it will hit me in the back when I attack. So I can fake an arrow while my opponent is forced to be defense so I can rush in with a dash attack while he concentrats on the arrow.
I love pit becose of the arrow mindgame.
And the loops look so fancy ^^
Well my opponents are not the best players om the world idk if all this works against very good players.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
loops do have their uses, im just saying that unless you plan on doing something with the loop besides just hit them with an arrow, you will do more damage normally if you loop less.

pivot arrow is when you run away on the grounded then hit neutral B, and then hitbackwards immediately afterwords

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
sorry I don't get it ^^

Why should I use it? I looks useless for me.
Do you use it to cancel your momentum?
I never understand these pivot things

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
also because it true combos into a buffered dash attack which as you should know kills around 155% even on snake. not to mention you can get grabs off of it to. it is so you can shoot backwards at the opponent when you run away from him and it's faster than short hop turn around.

Top Bottom