• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Any fast move that does over 12% is great. An empty short hop on someone falling to the ground will make them airdodge thinking you want to uair them, but you go back to the ground and usmash them back in the air. People who will mainly do this are Snake and DDD since they want utilt kills and many other characters will do it simply out of fear. The oos shield part is also a good point by maharba, it will punish Lucario and peach dair as well as many other approaches because there is no shield drop lag so it will even pick people up from off the ground like Marth's usmash.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Not if he's on your *** you shouldnt. That's way too easy to punish if he's spacing dairs on shield etc. Only time to stay back and arrow is if he's in what i call "timeout mode" dair camping where it's just used as a deterrant, time waster, and wall. If he's on you use JCupsmash or dair OoS. Usmash would be better.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If he's on your *** he can easily mindgame you into a grab cuz your options after a broll (lol sounds funny) are limited. That and could always just nado and considering your shield will be not full health cuz he was on you then it's gonna hit more than likely.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
more like you should roll away, then run to the ledge. and shoot arrows. then when he gets close glide under the stage 3/4 of the way, see where he is at, and then decide if you are gonna keep going to the other side or cancell it and WOI back the other way. seriously all i do against MK is hit and circle the stage run away.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Utilt > Usmash in almost every situation except hyphen smashing, imo.
Utitl OoS is 9 frames if you add shield drop frames and that's only for the low to ground hit box. JCupsmash OoS is 6 frames and has horizontal and vertical hitboxes and has more if not = range and is disjointed and has more knockback for better escape.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
If he's on your *** he can easily mindgame you into a grab cuz your options after a broll (lol sounds funny) are limited. That and could always just nado and considering your shield will be not full health cuz he was on you then it's gonna hit more than likely.
I don't get the positioning of "on your ***" if he is in the air there is no way he can get at you when you roll away on the ground. He could nado, but we can still shield when it gets close.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't get the positioning of "on your ***" if he is in the air there is no way he can get at you when you roll away on the ground. He could nado, but we can still shield when it gets close.
/=dair
#=mk
*=pit
#
/
* or *
That's a rough positioning. Im saying if he's close enough to where you either can dair,fair or upsmash, or slightly out of that range and dair camping then to roll away isnt really all that safe. If anything it'd be best to walk/run away.

However if he's treating you like snake/wario and attacking the air get out of theere and ****ign spam arrows cuz he's a dumb ***.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Utitl OoS is 9 frames if you add shield drop frames and that's only for the low to ground hit box. JCupsmash OoS is 6 frames and has horizontal and vertical hitboxes and has more if not = range and is disjointed and has more knockback for better escape.
Right, forgot about OoS.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no hes right. sliding usmash is hyphen smash. it's harder to punish DI or not if your sliding with it fuddo. practically impossible to punish if you 3rd step or 2sjcus it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey guys, who do you think teams better with pit? Snake or mk?

What should the mk's role be?
The snakes?

And can someone link me to some mk+pit teams that are good that i can watch?

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'unno if this is a Pit-specific question but yeh. I was trying to do a reverse stutter step fsmash, and ended up doing an ftilt after the step. Is this legit, and is there an easy way to do it? I can't seem to recreate it reliably, usually gives me a dash attack when I try.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Roll and throw an item(c-stick throw works best) at the same time. it takes about 10-15 minutes of practice to learn.

Top Bottom