• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

stantheyeti

Smash Rookie
I feel it is necessary to have tap jump off with pit mostly because of arrows, anybody else agree, and do you think that it is necessary for any other characters?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
What an interesting choice of pros lol. Anther still plays wifi in the pika xat sometimes. He might be coming back in the summer, but he won't be esam level for a while if he does.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
+1 in our favor

We out camp, we can juggle better, have slightly better follow ups. I would say ROB's best kill move is predictable as well as his projectiles. ROB is pretty scary offstage and could get a bair or an usmash kill with a proper read. Only thing he has on us is range with his tilts which can be annoying at times, but I still think we have the advantage. His recovery is better, but we can drain it all away if we're accurate enough with arrows.
Thank you Luckay4Lyphe and company. =P
I agree with you that it's R.O.B.'s disadvantage; probably 45:55 if you ask me.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
LoL, no but really agreeing with that ratio I gave you? Also what are "WOI" and "DACG"?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
WOI is the name for our Up B, which is called Wings of Icarus. And I'm guessing that DACG means Dash Attack Chain Grab, or Dash Attack Cancel Grab, one of those two, maybe ^^;.
Dash attack cancel grab
How do you do this properly? I feel like I know it, but I perform it wrong. What are the controls again?

Zulo

Smash Ace
Depends who you ask. It's almost never done in higher-level play anymore, but theoretically it has some uses. It's definitely worth learning though, for those few times. And who doesn't like being fancy? :awesome:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
don't even say it's not done in higher level play. i've shown esca some stuff and when tesh uploads my vids you will see that, while not done frequently during a match (sometimes never), it is an important part of pit's metagame. it sets up kills, it makes places where the opponent cannot go, it can get the suprise near blast zone KO, and most important of all, it sets up or just gimps people at angles where a normal shot arrow cannot hit. if you don't have perfect/near perfect arrow control you cannot possibly say that it is unimportant in higher level play.

so is it drastically imprtant? no of course not. no AT with ANY character is 100% neccessary (the only exception is ICs, without grabs they are garbage). people can win on basics alone, but ATs open up more options during specific situations that can lead to an incredibly advantageous result (especially looped arrows) simply because you have that many more options.

so in other words, like zulo said, depends on who you ask :)

fUddO

Smash Ace
Arrow looping itself isn't really that useful. That being said, you should be aiming to have perfect control over your arrows anyways.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i find that arrow looping is excellent for mindgames. if you loop a few times in a match you can condition your opponent to expect the loop when you curve your arrow straight up. this can lead to all sorts of tricks even if you never even hit them with an arrow. make them nervous whenever you loop an arrow. nervous people are easy to read and punish.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
don't even say it's not done in higher level play. i've shown esca some stuff and when tesh uploads my vids you will see that, while not done frequently during a match (sometimes never), it is an important part of pit's metagame. it sets up kills, it makes places where the opponent cannot go, it can get the suprise near blast zone KO, and most important of all, it sets up or just gimps people at angles where a normal shot arrow cannot hit. if you don't have perfect/near perfect arrow control you cannot possibly say that it is unimportant in higher level play.

so is it drastically imprtant? no of course not. no AT with ANY character is 100% neccessary (the only exception is ICs, without grabs they are garbage). people can win on basics alone, but ATs open up more options during specific situations that can lead to an incredibly advantageous result (especially looped arrows) simply because you have that many more options.

so in other words, like zulo said, depends on who you ask :)
^^^^^^^^ I rarely use it in tourneys as more often than not a unique curve will cover the loops trajectory. However, looping has it's advantages is some matchups. You should never use looping till you KNOW it's gonna go where you envision it going. At the very least, 70% of the time.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. Crusade??? Yeah, I was one of the original beta testers, back in 0.0.1. My name was TheOriginalSmasher WAAYYY back

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I dont use U-smash much, if at all. i dont see any uses for it, really. I would love for someone to show me that i'm horribly wrong here by telling me what good situations to use it in are. :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ummm.... xcallion u be trollin? a frame 6 smash that is multi hit with 2sjcus and and can be done out of shield that reaches through the platforms at BF that has a suck in box and a spike box on the first hit (albeit the spike is near impossible to get on the ledge but on stage it's great) and sets up juggles and you are telling me that you don't think it's useful?

i <3 usmash

Xcallion

Smash Ace
thanks, maharba. i've seen teh light!
*runs off to spam u-smash while yelling incoherently in a high pitched voice*

Top Bottom