• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Spam

Smash Rookie
I doubt that would help in any way cous we can only do it 1-3 times on most char (not the big heavy ones)

Then again can it make us Fthrow+ Fsmash easier?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Abel trying to make a serious post only makes him sound more idiotic. Stick to trolling buddy.

The video is about getting a miniature slide during a SHIELD GRAB. Why would it make fthrow to fsmash easier, that has nothing to do with this.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Meaning usmash? Why not just do a hyphen smash then? You wouldn't get the slide if you add shield drop frames. The grab only works because you can do it while shielding meaning the only thing you could do is grab, roll, or jump and jumping can be cancelled by usmash and up b so those are the only things we could do. Might extend the reach of our aerials, but unlikely.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's enough to make a difference as pit's fair is a couple pixels shorter than marth's normally, so it makes it longer than marth's essentially afterwords. i find that to be pretty significant as range is SOOOOOOOOOO important and it is imperitive that we use all of our tools that help our range.

so guys, does any1 else share this view point?

pit is like a fusion marth, MK, and falco. however he was also given unique properties that make more than just this

pit is like marth in the fact that: pit's spacing is very precise. a lot of his moves have crit points lying near the tip of the attack that boost damage, knockback, or both. our dtilt is our fastest/best grounded spacing move. our fair is reletively long and out of WOI it is even longer. also we have similar speed to marth both in the air and on the ground.

pit is like MK in the since that his priority is epic strong on all of his attacks. however in exchange for getting a faster glide, better glide attack, and (depending on the in game situation) better recovery and air speed, pit lost range and gained unique specials. also, our jab is much like MK's ftilt in that we can swith up it's timing for shield pressure but once again in exchange for range we get jab infinite.

pit is like falco in that no1 outcamps him, he has a power early on grab game with chaingrabbing and (more marth like) throw combos, we have a great jab when it is properly spaced which we can double jab cancel into itself until they DI out or have a move like dolphin slash, and our jab can pseudo combo into other moves/grab.

then you have the unique properties such as AR, mirror shield, and vast amount of WOI tactics (most of which need to be further looked into due to being under studied, under tested in gameplay, and under used) and the ability to control our projectile. with all of these qualities, if we practice our character's basic game and combine that with studying our advanced game, we will eventually solve the problem that is our current tier placement and lack of top level ability with our character (kool, kira, and esca aside although it's always good to improve even if you are top level) and we will rise up in the brawl world as an acknowledged high(er) tier character.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I agree with pit being a fusion character (I'll use my polymerzation to fuse: MK, Marth and falco to make... PIT!). He's inferior in most ways to his components though. His sweetspots arent as good as marth's(bar bair) range is nowhere near MK and his CG is nothing compared to falco's.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Fusion Pit
7 Stars
Atk 2800
Def 1800
Attribute: Light

(Effect/Fusion/Fairy)
"Metaknight + Marth + Falco"
This card cannot be special summoned except by fusion summon by the card Polymerization, when this card is special summoned select 2 face down cards in your opponents Trap/Spell card zone, discard one light type monster from your hand and destroy the selected cards. When this card attacks a monster with lesser attack points than this cards Original Attack points, that card is destroyed immediantly (without damage calculations.) When this card is attacked you can activate 1 spell card from your hand that includes the words "Mirror" and "shield" (Dragons Mirror and My Body As A Shield are excluded). When this card is sent to the Graveyard it is removed from play, and you're able to special summon up to 2 of the fusion material monsters to the field in face up defense position.

Edit: I got bored. I Play YGO. Couldn't resist.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
he is inferior on an individual comparison, but the fact that he has honestly only minor inferiorities to them in most aspects but when combined all of those and the aspects where he does better than they do (stronger bair crit than marth, more damaging fthrow>fsmash; longer CG on DK, DDD than falco along with far greater projectile for gimping, and well no1 has anything on mk anyways but we faster in the air) make him EASILY a B-A tier character. the fact that he is under-rated/under studied/under used here is the only reason he suffers on the tier and in tourney. i mean just look at japan, nuff said.

EDIT: now i actually wanna do an in depth comparison of pit to those other characters or just other characters in general.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Fusion Pit
7 Stars
Atk 2800
Def 1800
Attribute: Light

(Effect/Fusion/Fairy)
"Metaknight + Marth + Falco"
This card cannot be special summoned except by fusion summon by the card Polymerization, when this card is special summoned select 2 face down cards in your opponents Trap/Spell card zone, discard one light type monster from your hand and destroy the selected cards. When this card attacks a monster with lesser attack points than this cards Original Attack points, that card is destroyed immediantly (without damage calculations.) When this card is attacked you can activate 1 spell card from your hand that includes the words "Mirror" and "shield" (Dragons Mirror and My Body As A Shield are excluded). When this card is sent to the Graveyard it is removed from play, and you're able to special summon up to 2 of the fusion material monsters to the field in face up defense position.

Edit: I got bored. I Play YGO. Couldn't resist.
This is so much win... why exclude dragon's mirror though? :troll:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i have the original 5 pieces of exodia from LOB with a misprinted left foot and a first ed head. my other deck (which had cards that i would switch between the two) got stolen or lost somewhere. it was a machine deck with so many good cards (mirror force, chimeratech, all the cyber dragon fusions, and my back up skill drain deck). i quit when i couldn't find that ****. too much money and work went into that missing orange deck box and now it'll probably never be found.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
My decks:
Six Samurai
Dinosaur
Elemental Heros(Blah, why did i make this ?-.-)
Harpies

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Has anyone mastered the timing on the wingstool lock? If so, how do you time it? I can perform the typical combos >dair>footstool. After that footstool, Pit seems to jump really high and I can't seem to Up B right after the footstool.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Another thing that I want to point out is you have to use the rising dair really early, while running up to small characters like Squirtle, Metaknight, G@W, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Mario, Toon Link, Wario, Kirby, Olimar, and Pikachu. Otherwise, the dair won't hit on contact if your too late or if your standing right next to them

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ummmm....... just watch wings of revealing light. this is probably the easiest way to use pit's ATs in one fell swing as we know. the wingstool lock is all about hitting WOI as soon as you notice pit enter foostool jump animation thus stopping right after you leave their head so that you don't jump high up. as for landing the fair and bair, it's just practice guys.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You're so smart for getting the reference. I mastered the wingstool lock, but honestly it isn't something you would pull off in a tourney set because it only works at low percents and it's easier to just get a grab in with whatever follow ups. Pikachu's uair footstool lock is so much more feasible because the uair works up to 60% before you can't footstool anymore and it comes out faster than our dair and has less cool down lag as well.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
all i can say is that wingstool, if you wanna get it at a higher percent, is best done if you can get a sour spot bair out of dthrow and then footstool>said combo. hard to get that's for sure but i believe if you hit with the near to last frames that sour bair is out that the footstool is actually true out of it so it is doable. just have yet to do it in tourney

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
It sets up for so much **** it's not even funny. If someone SOMEHOW incorrectly Di's our Uair we could Footstool them lol. It takes massive fail smash di aka Mr. Doom DI, Or PatG di.

BTW COMBO VID MUSIC

Rate please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqQZGHjJF4A Opening/Title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lbQ9tHtSfg Start of Combo Vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoyJ7UdasCM Some where in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ME_kXXxx2Y Ending.
Opening 4/10 - Meh

Start 5/10 - Had enough of Girugamesh in combo videos, be more original etc.

Middle 7/10 - Heard it before, but still a cool song.

Ending 3/10 - Doesn't fit with the other songs, not good for a combo video overall.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It sets up for so much **** it's not even funny. If someone SOMEHOW incorrectly Di's our Uair we could Footstool them lol. It takes massive fail smash di aka Mr. Doom DI, Or PatG di.

BTW COMBO VID MUSIC

Rate please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqQZGHjJF4A Opening/Title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lbQ9tHtSfg Start of Combo Vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoyJ7UdasCM Some where in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ME_kXXxx2Y Ending.
As far as the songs go...

4stars
3.5stars
5stars
5stars

As far as for combo vid goes...

I don't think our actual footage should have lyrics...definitely not japanese. I just don't think they fit...even english ones wouldnt fit well at all imo. Something epic+instrumental or with words related to themes of Pit. Which is why i say win for the credits choice. I 100% agree on that one.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
then dont do girugamesh :( so generic now. Do some research on youtube if you want good music. Takes a while but u eventually find something and are like omg that's perfect!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
nothing like some good ol fashioned girugamesh to keep the action pumping. tbh i almost believed GSM to have all of their songs pattented so you may wanna ask them for permission :troll:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
how are you supposed to fight luigi?

apparently its supposed to be easy for Pit, but i played a luigi yesterday at a tournament and pretty much got destroyed. i went even with his other characters, but when he picked luigi, i didn't really know how to handle it

Top Bottom