• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

fUddO

Smash Ace
Can we do the MK matchup next, or have it be its own topic that's always open or something? It really is the most important matchup, and it seems like a single, static place that we can always update with little tidbits of knowledge would be perfect.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I could use those falco tips. That and wario are the only mu's i really need to learn. Im gettin close on wario but falco is still ugh.

Esca

Smash Champion
Falco Advice by Esca :)

Stage Selection is so important. Make sure to strike FD, you don't want the Falco to be able to run so much. YI is decent if you like it enough, and strike Battlefield too. I think Smashville is Pit's best stage against Falco. There's alot of undeveloped grab combos and other move exploits on that moving platform. Pokemon Stadium 1 is also a really good stage for Pit, because of the stage transitions. Falco has trouble on a couple of them, and if you know how to use them it can benefit you well.

Get That Grab!
We all know Falco can chaingrab us, so we need to avoid being grabbed, which is a role switch, because Falco is usually having to avoid grabs. Don't forget that you can also grab him! You can fthrow>fthrow> stutterstepped fsmash for 39%! That's just as good as his if you stay by the ledge. The best way I find to grab Falco's is baiting them to grab me, and pivot grabbing. Find a platform and dair camp him post-grab, he has trouble with that. Treat him like the furry he is.

Smashes
are so vital against Falco. I find Falco to be one of the few characters I can abuse smashes with. Dsmash is so good because of how fast it comes out, and if Falco is below 25%, you can combo with Dsmash. If you hit Falco with the second hit of your dsmash, you can fsmash him right after at low %'s. Fsmash is again, good to save for kills against Falco, since he's fat and it's hard for him to DI it. Try to get the Falco to side-b. If you learn how to bait them to side-b, you can get pretty free kills. I typically try not to use Usmash too much against Falco, as it's punishable from the sides. However, utilt is a different story.

Utilt
is such a good move it needed it's own section. It's our fastest move. Falco is such a ground based character, that a fast grounded move is so useful against him. It outprioritizes his sideb/upb/fsmash/ steps over his dsmash, you get the picture. Use it when he has to phantasm (side-b) back to the stage and it's free damage. Out of shield it's so helpful against Falco because he usually boxes. It's also an anti-air move if their above you. Use this!!

Angel Ring and Mirror Sheild
Normally I'm against using side-b against characters, but against Falco it's really helpful. It reflects his lasers, and beats most of his approaches oddly enough. It's hard(er) for him to DI out of it because of his weight, and can rack up damage quite nicely. You can fall off the stage using angel ring on a falco that's trying to up b back for the gimp, and just recover normally. Mirror shield again is really good. Obviously we can mirror shield Falco's up-b, but sometimes you get nervous in tourney or whatever and can't do it. Just practice it a little bit, it's crucial! Arrows are good offstage against Falco, so use those and mirror shield the recovery.

Esca

Smash Champion
Idk on that really Kuro. =/ I usually just fsmash. I do know that you can fthrow falco 4 times and fsmash hiim at the end on smashville's platform.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
esca you summed it up amazing. i only have a couple things to add.

it is imperitive that you don't get grabbed before you are at 36%. otherwise you will eat a lot of unneccessary damage and even get killed from one cg at certain stages.

dtilt is great as it out ranges all of his ground based moves and comes out fast so it's good for spacing the spacie.

a good way to camp falco is to shoot angled down arrows out of full hops as it puts you above shdl, can be angeled around his reflector, prevents reflected arrows from hitting you, and as you land use mirror shield. rinse lather repeat. great way to camp falco if you want to save your ledge grabs.

side note on utilt, it's the only thing we have besides WOI that can beat his jab game when he is close enough.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
is there a thread that goes into detail about pit with items and what he can do? like turnips, bananas, etc.? or is it not enough to warrant a thread, if not can someone break it down for me.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
There isn't one but pit can do alot of mixups with items cuz of the nature of his glide toss and moveset.

That should be a thread pit item guide. Tips, mindgames, and strats to abuse with items!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
nair is amazing against wario when he is trying to rack damage with his dair or really any of his aerials. just make sure you don't get hit by his nair as he can just keep hitting you with it for massive damage. jumping into his sh aerials with your nair is what makes it good against him.

jab and dtilt is how you beat his grounded moves when you are spacing. when he is close use dat utilt or WOI tricksies. also, practice doing stuff with his tires as pit owns **** with tires. bounce it and camp behind it for basic safety tactics or you can learn some advanced shiz by practicing.

edit:
planking ***** his soul

DarthPika

Smash Rookie
Ok, something kind of weird I discovered while playing against my brother.

He was using Pika (Die evil rat, die!), and I was using Pit. I'm off the stage, and forced to WoI to recover. Right before I had done this, Pika (who was above me at this time), thundered. When I WoI, the thunder hits me, and I suddenly get a HUGE boost, and fly way above Pika, unharmed, and still in WoI. From everything I've ever known about thunder, and all the general rules about touching pika while he's in thunder, I should have been either thunder spiked straight down, or fried. In stead, I wind up near the top of the screen, completely fine. I have no clue what happened, or why it happened. I know WoI pushes things away when activated, but the thunder last long enough (I was actually in it as I got the uber boost, and then was still in it for a fraction of a second) that I should have still gotten fried anyway. Any ideas?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
for the flacid flopulent flailing love of drunk (oYo) ****ing pit tell me you have that recorded!

no but seriously that is unheard as what you are saying makes it sound like a new type of aerial WOI invincibility or i don't even know what tbh. please tell me you recorded it. please

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I wonder if the DI had something to do with the fact that you were hit straight up in the ceiling after getting hit by Pika's thunder, even though you were under him? It all depends on how close you were to Pika.

DarthPika

Smash Rookie
I did not. :(

The closet I can describe is like the boost you get when you WoI off the ground with out jumping, but HUGE.

I can try to recreate what happened and see if I can get a recording of it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I did not. :(

The closet I can describe is like the boost you get when you WoI off the ground with out jumping, but HUGE.

I can try to recreate what happened and see if I can get a recording of it.
Did you save the replay? We can have it recorded if u did.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I remember I tried to change my brawl name because everyone had cool names like that xD

I tried

Mizu,Moon, ect

But I just kept Abel because I dont like it when people call me somthing else lol

Top Bottom