• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
okay on that we are just gonna have to agree to disagree ptzr. i am absolutely firm in my belief that is other way around. explain this to me so i can try and understand how you came to this conclusion mang, we have such different views on this MU
Aside from gimping we really dont have other ways to kill him without guessing and predicting however, Fox is very mobile, Pit really doesn't have an advantage over him in terms of camping. A lot of the stages that are BBR and ruleset are low ceiling, meaning we die faster. True some stages like lylat screw him over, but he has ways to get around it. Fox's side B is omni directional meaning we cannot Mirror shield it. Plus it can go through our side b resulting in a position reset. Fox has a better aerial set and better move set than us in general, are primary killing ground move can be smash di'd out of. While his is a one hit that kills us a 87% fresh. Which it will be seeing how laser's refresh his moves. We have to have a complete guessing game or out rightly know when to use Bair, to kill him as our f-smash wont even be fresh, 72% of the time. His dair to d-smash dair to grab and dair to up-smash are pretty much gonna happen depending on which way you di or if you try to shield after the dair hits you. Aside from recovery fox pretty much has us down.

Esca

Smash Champion
Foxes utilt beats everything Pit has, you have to get out of your comfort zone to fight fox, and since he's a better boxer, he has slight advantage. You can't camp a good fox, he camps harder. You cannot fthrow cg him, idk why pits still try that stuff. You have fthrow, fthrow, stutter stepped fsmash for 39% but that's all you can get on him. Also the matchup varies on who wins first round. Either character is gonna win on their own cp, since brawl has such extreme stage difference. Fox has such a good jab/utilt that pit can't really get close.

I think its even on BF/SV/YI. 55:45 foxes favor on fd. 55:45 pits favor on lylat.

Any agreements/comments/disagreements?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i counter by saying our jab and dtilt stop his ENTIRE grounded moveset including usmash. we can cg (cannot stress enough that it only works with DACG) him to the ledge and then air release and start charging an arrow and eat his jump accordingly thus forcing a readable recovery. in the air uair stops dair in it's tracks. and not to mention fox has no effective way to stop camping other than run off shine which is so projected he will most likely eat a uair.

as for killing, we can smash DI out of foxes dair enough to where if you spam WOI afterwords it will either cancell the usmash allowing us to punish with grab or dsmash or jab, or it will put us out of his usmash range allowing for fast falled bair.

that's my arguement anyways. like you said we will have to play this out sometime

EDIT: didn't see esca had posted until i finished typing mine out. forgot utilt beats fsmash. doesn't beat our dtilt though. im just gonna say 50:50 and leave it at that

Abel1994

Smash Lord
It ***** them? I never knew how stages affect people at all... I play only in FD smashvill and the other place next to FD lol battlefield

Does choosign a stage really help... Never tried it

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
@kuro,

fox actually doesn't go even with falco, it's the same ratio as pit. ask any fox and they will say it's falco's favor.

and i agree that fox doesn't force an approach on us unless he gets the lead. always start that match off with mirror shield if you're on FD as they usually try to get a percent lead early on other projectilists. that way we can just keep shielding. also jumping retreating shield works great on him cause if you need to you can land and position yourself so that you slide off the ledge so that when you let go you get ledge invinciblilty. hell i just realized how much more i should abuse this....

also, just to be clear im saying that i'd be happy if that's how pit placed on the NEXT tier list. in the future i think pit will be in between lucario and ZSS and that all 3 of them will be pretty equal. my goal however is for us to get him up next to DDD. if we all work harder, pit gets better.

but you gotta admit, if brawl's mechanics didn't screw fox over so bad with cgs, plasma locks, extended srtings, etc fox would be a lot better than he is. not neccessarily better than pit IMO, but definately equal or just below assuming we get pit to go up where he will eventually BELONG. pit is easily B tier material, we as players just need to keep on keepin on
Fox boards says even. And our spaced jab goes farther than his utilt. Our dtilt as well though jab is the more important factor. Our cg can make it so he starts off off stage which is good for us. Our disjointed hitboxes outspace him alllllll~ daayyyayayayayyay. And he can only get you with the dair to usmash if he hits you with it at a certain point. Other than that it won't work. Both me and prince ramen have played #4 fox and i have to say its definitely even if not our favor just cuz of cps. Btw what the **** is up with the forums? The friday world forums? Get that **** out of here now please x.o

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well i've been finding that bair to jumping dair works pretty well on the horizantal hits. on vertical i know that bair fast fall dair works really well for me. i mean i know im not luckay or esca but that's my 2 cents.

which reminds that i've got a great idea for a new way to di (well, old concept new application) that im gonna research and post a thread about.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Dair is autofastfall when DI'ing with it right? Standard DI is also meant to get closer to the top right corners. So if we fastfall after being blasted horizontally, its essentially going to kill us faster. That's why bair is better horizontally.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Oh, ok. I'll try and work on that. Although right now my biggest issue is being slow on my DI and accidentally Uairing T.T

Does anyone have any tips on the ROB and Kirby matchups? What are some good tools for the MU?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Kirby is bad at landing. Read his movements in the air and put him back up in the air when he lands.

Edit: SH dair works well agsint kirby too, arrow spam isn't as good since he's short. I think we can challenge ROB's nair with ours too which is lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
but it doesn't make it any less doable, it just makes you think a lil bit more. besides if it forces the approach who cares that it adds a minimal amount of thinking? it forces him to approach and thus it gives us an advantage.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
multi hit moves increase the chance of knocking specials out of kirby. so all it usually takes is one well placed AR. plus even if he has arrows, we still out camp him because we have 2 reflectors compared to his lack of reflectorness. it just makes it that much more of a ***** but it is still totally doable.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Still not a fight you want to be in so dont let it happen. Kirby has hax grab range and has great follow ups out of his grab so sh dair to counter his grab approach. He is also better at pursuing us in the air with his jumps and bair spacing. His fsmash also kills earlier than ours, but you should be able to see it coming. If you can force him to up b offstage mirror shield it because he doesnt grab the ledge backwards like ike.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
also if if he tries to suck you in you can mirror it. and that really messes him up if he's goin for a kirbycide or just in general as you wouldn't expect it to be turned around by mirror.

fUddO

Smash Ace
You can reflect kirbycide!?!?! That's awesome! Thanks for all the info. From what I've heard from smashers in my scene, the best way to deal with ROB's Nair is to get him before he gets you. I would be VERY surprised if those moves clanked, but I'll test it out.

For Kirby, what's the best what to deal with his Bair approach? If it hits your shield, is there something you can do to punish it? As for arrows, the biggest issue with is that Kirby now has an amazing gimping tool. Then again, I'm not too experienced in Pittos so I don't know how much they factor in.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's actually the biggest factor of a pitto. first one to woi dies. however you shouldn't be letting kirby force you into that position especially when he has arrow. my friend out in cali got kirby looping down and IF he could get me to WOI then i deserved to die. but god damn kirby with arrows is SOOOOOOOOOO great in doubles with pit it is just unreal.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Im almost positive kirby can shoot arrows faster than us.

Its too bad reflecting inhale turns him around. I wish we could make him suck himself up which would erase him from existence or teleport him to another dimension and let it be an auto win for us. :D

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
his arrows move a little bit faster, but the time it takes him to draw the arrow itself takes longer. thus it works out to where we can still keep up and outcamp him

Top Bottom