• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
doesn't matter how much we be hated. if we all start doing better in tourney than they have to put us higher.

where's abel? i need him to make a HATERS GONNA HATE thing for pit :p

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Arrow Rain after getting hit away works.
It's just that you better don't use this too often since your opponent might adapt to it.

Oh, and you'll need a very accurate arrow control, obviously.
I started doing this ~ 6 months ago and am pretty used to it by now.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Arrow raining after being hit could help with covering our return to the stage. I think it'll work very well. The only drawback will be of the amount of practice and precision you'll need in order to pull it off. But that doesn't really matter, as long as you have the will to practice.

And Pit should be higher on the Tier list, at least higher than Fox is >__>. But of course, who can expect the BBR to do the right things XD?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i can. if pit doesn't do better in tourney he will go down. as does everyone who goes down on the tier list. progress forward requires us pit's to all get to higher levels and start having more of us go to more tournaments. and DOING BETTER AT THESE TOURNAMENTS.

just because pit is a better character than people above him, does not mean we are better players than those who use those characters. this is why im trying my best to go to more tournies and such and learn and do better. if we don't play well, we can't expect our placement on the tier list to do well either.

:mad::troll::mad:
thats just how it is

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well i want pit to be above fox and them don't get me wrong. im not against you dual seeker. im jsut saying they have better tourney results atm and am trying to motivate pits to go out and kick ***.

i mean i agree whole heartedly that pit SHOULD be higher on the tier. it's just that we as a community haven't proven it enough recently, thats all im saying. gotta go to work.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
doesn't matter how much we be hated. if we all start doing better in tourney than they have to put us higher.

where's abel? i need him to make a HATERS GONNA HATE thing for pit :p
I very much doubt it. I remember you once asking in the Tier list thread about expectations of fox's next placement. Someone said he deserved a drop. You responded that his results were improving and their counter argument was that he is too high in the first place. I honestly think even if a Pit placed top 8 at the next national Pit will still go down a spot or 2.

EDIT: I also don't think the BBR is as fair as you think they are. Look at the whole 'strongarm' BBRRC thing.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Pits not gonna be above fox ever. Just saying. Fox has better placing's more noticable people and better match up's than us, hell we dont even have a true match up ratio chart.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i can. if pit doesn't do better in tourney he will go down. as does everyone who goes down on the tier list. progress forward requires us pit's to all get to higher levels and start having more of us go to more tournaments. and DOING BETTER AT THESE TOURNAMENTS.

just because pit is a better character than people above him, does not mean we are better players than those who use those characters. this is why im trying my best to go to more tournies and such and learn and do better. if we don't play well, we can't expect our placement on the tier list to do well either.

:mad::troll::mad:
thats just how it is
Working on it

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pits not gonna be above fox ever. Just saying. Fox has better placing's more noticable people and better match up's than us, hell we dont even have a true match up ratio chart.
Pits not gonna be above fox ever.
Why not? Pit certainly has the resources to start placing better and develop some star players. I totally believe that Pit can be placed higher than Fox; he should be in my opinion. Besides, we're working on a ratio chart right now. As a character, Pit does better than Fox, in my opinion. Unfortunately, the tier list isn't really based on a characters skills, it's more based on tournament placement >__>. So, for now, Fox is higher than Pit.

I could make a laundry list of reasons why I think Pit is better than Fox, and should be higher, but just talking about it won't make it happen. Right now, concentrating on getting things together, making a legit match up chart, and improving our skills and placements will get us higher and higher.

We should be focusing on that. Not putting limits to our characters potential.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
fox does not have better MUs. he is far worse match up wise. pit has only to 2 matchups that don't excede -2 (-1 in my opinion is not poor at all and pit has less of those too). fox has many more and they go into the -3 category. while he may have better players now, to quote waffles at a melee tourney, "im just sayin im just sayin"

after that tho, it turned out that mango was stealin their matches. then apparently there was some combo that got very little hype and attention :troll:

Xcallion

Smash Ace
we have several somethings that fox doesnt have: a recovery that can recover from anywhere on the stage, a projectile with hitstun, a CG, a second reflector and a meteor smash

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You fail to realize that Fox doesn't need hitstun on his projectile he can spam it more then we can. Try power sheilding his laser and see where that gets you. As for recovery, his may not be better than ours in terms of getting back but he doesn't lose his ability to recovery after getting knocked out of his up-b. Fox doesn't need a Meteor smash even though his Dair is a weak one. He kills up the top of the screen and ALMOST everyone in this game is a floaty. Fox doesn't need a CG. He can play keep away all day.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ptzr i agree that fox is amazing. hell you all know that i use fox too (don't forget he's my alternate gaming personality main). i agree that fox is better than pit in several matchups (especially metaknight) but due to in game mechanics fox is not overall better than pit. it's things like pika's cg, shiek's ftilt, and chaingrabs out the wazoo that make him worse.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I still hold to palutena's arrow being better than the lazer, because the lazer can be easily jumped over and doesnt prevent approaches. Palutena's arrow allows for more mindgames anyways, between curving, looping and arrow rain. and Pit's recovery is much better. I cant remember the last time i was knocked out of it; fox on the other hand is going to get edgeguarded/hogged all day long due to his predictable and easily dealt with recovery.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i agree that arrow is better than lazer by far as is our recovery. that was not my dispute. im just saying that fox's other moves are amazing but he gets owned by mechanics

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yeah but again, if you jump over fox's laser he could full hop laser, laser, laser. Fox Forces people to approach him. Pit HAS to approach fox aswell. Okay fox gets cg and ftilt locked.

Tbh, Y'all know I love Pit. His technicality, his Arrows.

I also play Fox, Falco, Peach, Marth, Mk, Wario, IC's, Link, and etc.

In all honesty I personally believe Fox is better then Pit.

Fox should still be above Pit next tier list. Rob should drop. Pit should be above Rob but still drops 2 spots.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yeah but again, if you jump over fox's laser he could full hop laser, laser, laser. Fox Forces people to approach him. Pit HAS to approach fox aswell. Okay fox gets cg and ftilt locked.

Tbh, Y'all know I love Pit. His technicality, his Arrows.

I also play Fox, Falco, Peach, Marth, Mk, Wario, IC's, Link, and etc.

In all honesty I personally believe Fox is better then Pit.

Fox should still be above Pit next tier list. Rob should drop. Pit should be above Rob but still drops 2 spots.
Fox doesnt force **** on us...

you cant even compare the two as they have two completely different gameplay styles. Arrows>Fox's lasers (not falcos) due to the dmg,follow-ups,mix-ups, gimping potential.
Pits fsmash kill only 10-20% later than foxes usmash on most characters. Possibly 30. Thats like saying CF is better cuz he has the potential to land a move that kills super early. You cant just say oh he has this super awesome smash attack and that's why hes better.
Fox's recovery is one dimensional and ours is not. Ya he has mixups but 90% are telegraphed and you can react if you have any sort of conscious awareness+reaction time.
Fox is better at metaknight than us...and that's just about it tbh. Maybe GaW as well. Other than not really...oh and he goes even with falco where its slight advantage for falco against us.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I think at the furthest potential I see it would go Luc, Pit/Tink, Fox, ZSS.

Fox can't play keep away as well as being suggested. Lasers are a good projectile for racking damage (for a projectile) but in Brawl projectiles are more about limiting options. Fox can't afford to laser too close because he can't tell when the enemy will trade laser damage for an opening and out of Fox's laser technique's only short hop single laser really provides the mobility to react at a mid/dash range.

Fox's illusion is a lot worse than Falco's, another reason he can't keep away as well. Combined with poor unsafe shield approach options, I feel Fox will eventually drop.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah, Ptzr you're boosting fox too much. His moves are predictable like Kuro said and not that the discussion should be the Pit vs Fox matchup, but he doesn't force us to approach either. And the only thing his lasers has on us is being able to shoot them faster. SHTL is cool and everything, but it's just seems good for refreshing moves and keeping momentum. Arrows can gimp, kill off the blast zones, and combo into other moves. He may be better against mk, but he has some hard counters as well, :pikachu: :sheik:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@kuro,

fox actually doesn't go even with falco, it's the same ratio as pit. ask any fox and they will say it's falco's favor.

and i agree that fox doesn't force an approach on us unless he gets the lead. always start that match off with mirror shield if you're on FD as they usually try to get a percent lead early on other projectilists. that way we can just keep shielding. also jumping retreating shield works great on him cause if you need to you can land and position yourself so that you slide off the ledge so that when you let go you get ledge invinciblilty. hell i just realized how much more i should abuse this....

also, just to be clear im saying that i'd be happy if that's how pit placed on the NEXT tier list. in the future i think pit will be in between lucario and ZSS and that all 3 of them will be pretty equal. my goal however is for us to get him up next to DDD. if we all work harder, pit gets better.

but you gotta admit, if brawl's mechanics didn't screw fox over so bad with cgs, plasma locks, extended srtings, etc fox would be a lot better than he is. not neccessarily better than pit IMO, but definately equal or just below assuming we get pit to go up where he will eventually BELONG. pit is easily B tier material, we as players just need to keep on keepin on

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
@kuro,

also, just to be clear im saying that i'd be happy if that's how pit placed on the NEXT tier list. in the future i think pit will be in between lucario and ZSS and that all 3 of them will be pretty equal. my goal however is for us to get him up next to DDD. if we all work harder, pit gets better.
We need a Trela/Junebug or NickRiddle/Snakeee for that to happen, lol. Next to DDD aint gon happen.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Alright, you guys. Tell you what when you guys come to a EC tourney and Im there we can play Fox vs Pit. All day and see how it is. I want to see how you do against him

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i agree with luckay, that won't prove which character is better. however im down to play that MU all day baby all day. and you can play my fox with your pit too. it'll be fun, however i won't be goin out of state for quite some time seeing as how i just moved here lol. you gotta come to me :)

dualseeker

Smash Ace
lol, What Luckay said. The Fox vs. Pit MU goes even, so it basically goes to which player has more experience and skill. If you really want to determine which character is better (in my opinion, it's Pit due to being able to deal with things much easier than Fox can in many cases), you should look at the characters options, moves, and match ups etc. in order to determine that.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Fox-Pit is definitely not a bad matchup. Even more-so when you consider stage counterpick possibilities. Probably 55-45, maybe 50-50. Usmash 2gud.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
fox beat's pit on the ground but we **** him offstage. AR stops his Phantasm and Mirror Shield=a free kill when he uses firefox

Top Bottom