• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hi i'm just picking up pit recently pri fun character imo. my questions are, how does pit do against metaknight? i mean obv its a disadvantage because its metaknight, but compared to the rest of the cast, does he do all right? or not that great.

also, i find myself just playing really campy with pit in almost all matchups, are there any particular matchups where you're forced to approach? pit is prigood at camping that it seems he can usually outcamp most characters. maybe snake?

also, what are pit's like 'death matchups', if any? like my original main is snake, and he wrecks a lot of characters but there are some matchups are are just hard for no reason, like MK and ddd. does pit have anything like that?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Well since you use to main Snake and going for pit now you will see that

- HARD TO KILL COMPARED TO SNAKE CHEAP *** BROKEN STUPID Utilt 1 hit ko
and now the pros

-YOU CAN FLY :D
-The most fun char to use (everyone else is like dull and boring)
-why leave stage if you can arrow :D
-arrow da bess
- Pit da bess
-Bair is a ncie kill move
-Rack up damage quickly
-hard chaingrab (prefer Grab+Fsmash)
-Campy
-SEXY SCREAM!
-When he says your not ready yet then train harder!
- His taunts can mind game people into death
-he can GLIDE
-NO one uses him so you will be unique
-mink teh sex.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hi i'm just picking up pit recently pri fun character imo. my questions are, how does pit do against metaknight? i mean obv its a disadvantage because its metaknight, but compared to the rest of the cast, does he do all right? or not that great.

also, i find myself just playing really campy with pit in almost all matchups, are there any particular matchups where you're forced to approach? pit is prigood at camping that it seems he can usually outcamp most characters. maybe snake?

also, what are pit's like 'death matchups', if any? like my original main is snake, and he wrecks a lot of characters but there are some matchups are are just hard for no reason, like MK and ddd. does pit have anything like that?
abel made some good point, but allow me to answer you're questions a lil more on topic.

compared to the rest of the cast, pit has the ability to outrun metaknight in the air due to pit having the fastest glide and the speed of WOI. however pit has to play metaknight from a strictly punishing perspective. unless we are under MK using our amazing uair, mk wins the air fight. tornado is hard to deal with if you are just starting off but there are plenty of ways to deal with it. overall metaknight is pit's worst matchup just due to the sheer amount of time it takes to play the punishing game against MK. but compared to a lot of the cast it's not that bad as pit has plenty of recovery options to avoid getting gimped.

the only other characters that can beat pit hard are wario and g&w, but these match ups get easier with time as it is just that no pits have played them really enough to understand fighting them except for a select few pits. the pits that understand the g&w matchup don't think it's anywhere near unwinnable same goes for those with wario experiance. both are quite doable

pit can outcamp any1 but in the falco match up approaching is good after 36%. pit outcamps snake. pit and fox are equal-ish except pit's arrows gimp fox hard whereas he just gets a % lead and sits in his reflector waiting. but that's it. honestly you can't outcamp pit, you can only match him with falco, fox, and there are stages where snake can keep up.

also if you want to learn a lot about pit, check out the one stop pit stop. kuro's MU thread, my chaingrab thread, and the ultimate guide are all in there

edit: pit is also great because he not only has a rockin basic playstyle game, he has a plethora of ATs that are all actually USEFUL compared to the rest of the cast. plus his item game with tires and bananas is broken awesome

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Maharba made some good point, but allow me to answer you're questions a lil more on topic.

mink teh sex.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah Pit can pretty much outcamp everyone except a few who are on par with him like Falco, TL, Fox, Olimar, Samus. Our toughest matchups would be wario and gaw and mk. We don't have any hard counters which is good. The majority of the time you will be running away from the fight and shooting arrows though. The good thing is our wings of icarus can easily go from one edge under the stage to the other edge so we are as safe as can be. Mk's best thing aganst us are his tornado, and his aerial combat shuttle loop, uair, fair. He walls us offstage so you have to be patient most of the time because we can fly out there longer than he can.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Let me point this out any match up that pit cannot outcamp the other person or gets rushed down like a mofo, it's either even or not in his favor.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I wouldn't say we can camp lucas/ness effectively since they can heal if we get too spammy due to habit, but I'm sure we still have the advantage in those matchups.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ptzr, we beat lucas imo. i think it is +1 us. gr>fsmash, gimping to good, out camp (just gotta boomerang the arrow behind his healer), outrange and out recover. i would say he is the same difficulty for us as ness and that we are only +1 on both. each have their own uniquene traits but we exploit both those characters pretty well.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I freaking hate Lucas stupid Nair stupid Dtilt Broken Usamsh

Spamming stupid stick baseball thing

I hope he dies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Idk about lucas...but ik for a fact we can dtilt,stutter step fsmash, and buffer regrab(most of the time for this one) ness. I'd test lucas again but i can already see fsmash being too easy to get out of cuz even if the first hit hits them they can sdi out of it. Though dash attack/ar/dtilt should be guarenteed.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Start screaming "ayayaya"

if the opponent doesn't ragequit immediatly, do so yourself

still a good question :D someone who doesn't suck at this mu answer please? :D

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
charge arrow and dance it around a bit. shoot it. if you are on a stage you can fly under go to the ledge and start planking arrows and uair for a bit. then when the chance presents itself go under to the other side. then get up and a quarter of the way into the stage and shoot until he is within a third of the stage. from there either retreat and repeat or stand your groung being prepared to set up some kind of punish.

that's my 2 cents.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I got a good idea on a new thread someone should make that will help EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN PIT

If you want to know then Tell me (not being troll)

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Lts have a thread called "what would you do in this situation"
For example

What would you do if MK put you in the air
What would you do if your fighting G&W and at killing percent
What would you do when falco is camping
What do I do when Im gliding towards ike

This will help us when we fight since you guys will be listening things that can help and thing NOT TO DO.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hmmmm.... not a bad idea. kind of like the HOW TO DEAL WITH SPECIFIC MOVES thread but it's more about situation.

ill start it if 2 other people say it's a good idea

Esca

Smash Champion
Pit vs MK is honestly too hard to write a MU on.

You always need to keep your shield fresh, because Pit's shield really isn't too good for MK's tornado. If the MK pops you up with tornado he has a few options because of Pit's slow moveset. My recommendation is to just jump out of tornado, so you're not falling back to the ground vulnerable. His tornado is really hard to dodge, but if he's approaching with it learn the mirror shield against it. It works quite nicely if your both horizontal to each other.

Make sure your arrow game is on point You don't need to plank/ spam MK. Just frustrate. If you have good accuracy you should do fine. Remember to curve your arrows down, because MK can still duck them, believe it or not. Don't try too many fancy loop tricks, MK is too fast for that. Just shoot straight or slanted arrows. The biggest and best example I can think is either myself, earth, or masashi. Fancy arrow tricks are cool, but ineffective, and if you do hit, it's still only 3-4%.

Smashes Use your fsmash until 50-60% if you need to, after that keep it fresh until 115-ish and use it again. The key to winning Pit vs MK is that you HAVE to kill him right when he reaches kill percent, otherwise the MK is gonna play safe and it's hard for Pit to handle that. Dsmash is really good if you need a quick punisher. Also, running usmash is beast and it beats MK's glide attack. So knowing that, every time he misses an upb, run under him and usmash.

Recovering Always try to recover high, and you guys really really need to start implementing wavebounced mirror shields into your game. They switch your momentum and definately help block attacks. If you can't recover high, recover SUPER low, and glide LOW under the stage, MK can't chase you under. Do NOT try to grab the same ledge that MK is on, it's suicide.

Aerials I'm not really too sure what to write here. I still have trouble with MK and pulling aerials off so the two I use the most are uair and dair. Bair obviously for kills, but I try not to use his short fair. Practice auto-cancelling every one of your aerials off shorthops. It'll help every one of your MU's tremendously. I try not to use nair because it's DI-able and MK can nair you back out of it.

Don't sideB vs MK. He can upb it, or dsmash it.

WIN Pits.

Top Bottom