• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Xcallion

Smash Ace
What are your guys' thought process when you fire off a (non-loop) arrow? I think that one of my biggest downfalls as a pit is that i only try to use my arrows to punish and rack up damage. Would anyone care to share some general arrow mindgame tactics?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
What are your guys' thought process when you fire off a (non-loop) arrow? I think that one of my biggest downfalls as a pit is that i only try to use my arrows to punish and rack up damage. Would anyone care to share some general arrow mindgame tactics?
I use mines just to try and hit a person o-o I loop for fun to keep them gueesseng and when their off stage i then SPAM THEM TO HELLZ!

Hope that helped you even though im the suckiest pit here and your better then me.

Esca

Smash Champion
I use arrows to follow up for free damage. For example. Throw in any direction and charge an arrow. Follow their DI, and if you get your charging/timing down you can do alot of guaranteed damage. Also I use charges to bait moves.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
My thought process is....

No, but I usually measure the distance and see how many arrows I can get in before I have to box. Most of the time you're looking for a way to maximize the distance between you and the opponent to get more arrows in.

Someone should make a flow chart like this, but like actually helpful.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I'll give it a try if no1 else will
Actually multiple flow charts for various %'s would be best

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
punish, free damage, true combo pivot arrow (at the correct distance) into dash attack> various juggling set ups. and loops for free mindgame damage, combos, and kill set ups (gotta rep them loop based kills all day baby all day).

Xcallion

Smash Ace
A really good TL player (evidently the best player in my area, as many others at the tourney told me) told me that he uses his projectiles to force his opponent to go where he wanted them to as well as limiting things that they could to to counterattack him. He recommended that i try the same thing with pit's arrows, which is more specifically what i was wondering about.

fUddO

Smash Ace
A really good TL player (evidently the best player in my area, as many others at the tourney told me) told me that he uses his projectiles to force his opponent to go where he wanted them to as well as limiting things that they could to to counterattack him. He recommended that i try the same thing with pit's arrows, which is more specifically what i was wondering about.
This! If you spam arrows at ground level, people start to approach you in the air, which means you can mix in SH arrows, or punish an obvious approach any way you like. I've been working a lot on trying to improve my camping skills, and this is one of the ways I've had the most success with. When retreating, I've been mixing in SH fair and SH arrows against people I'm worried will approach from the air, and as long as I don't get too predictable about the arrows it's worked.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
any1 remember what the biggest focus points of krystedez's guide (and hell even my own inferior guide) were for arrow looping and such? Making your opponents movement options limited.

also
10quoteswatfluddosaid

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Yup that's zoning. I feint and curve my arrows oddly all the time to cover more area and restrict movement as much as to actually hit someone.

Also words of advice: Aim at where your opponent is going, not right at the. If you miss you zone them, if you hit them you got a great read.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So then, suppose an opponent is in the air and far away and you're on the ground running towards them to follow up. I think that a quick wing dash into a buffered dash will approach them quicker and mindgame them even a little. Like a flash of light distracting someone for a milisecond. I'm trying to think of ways to punish falling people so they can't land. If the wingdash distracts them we can buffer a dash attack, or maharba's 2SJCUS, or a full hop uair/fair.

Thoughts?

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Sounds like it depends on the temperment and concentration level of the opponent more than anything. If you've been using a lot of wingdashing, they'll be used to it already.

Esca

Smash Champion
Does anyone else use Pit's grab release > sweet spot dash attack on MK? It kills him at 130%. I just didn't know if anyone else knew about it or not..

One of my secrets.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Does anyone else use Pit's grab release > sweet spot dash attack on MK? It kills him at 130%. I just didn't know if anyone else knew about it or not..

One of my secrets.
Ya i read this a long time ago in the old mk mu thread. Its useful on certain stages but some stages limit that option.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Pulled it off on L0g!c's mk in a friendly. He was surprised lol. I'm like mad that I find out something good vs mk and then I don't see one in tourney.

Will's DK is on some other shiznit though. My set vs him was saved on lobos' wii, idk if he'll upload it.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It doesn't work on mk Unless you pivot grab him out of an aerial. If the metaknight doesn't mash he won't get grabbed release otherwise. Just Sayain

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i can't believe they don't know about it. i thought pit was too short to alway get the air release and that's why most mks i play i don't bother tryin it anymore and just chuck em. ill have to start tryin this again if it still works.

@xacllion
the sweet spot of dash attack is basically the tip area. it's spacing is actually the distance you have to be at to true combo buffer DA out of arrow so get that spacing down. arrow has 6 frames of stun. DA hit box is frame 7 of it's animation. the true combo distance is strict but it makes for a great kill combo out of pivot arrow.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i use pit because he has the most potential for growth, his moves fit my style better than any1 else has in this game, and because i like the feel of him the most. not to mention aside from the pit is gay joke, pit is actually really cool.

he is practically the fusion of marth, falco, and MK, but he lost range, lazer priority on projectile, and got priority, projectile control, and WOI instead. he is like marth as his moves have noticable sweet spots and crits (mostly near their tip too), he has pretty fast attacks, and is high learning curve.

he is like mk in regards to recovery being superior to everyone but MK, high priority, aerial control, and that dair animation (lol, but 4real).

he is like falco because no1 out camps pit (falco camps him equal if both play smart), and he has hella cgs and throw follow ups, and a great jab (albeit frame 5).

also his WOI, unique move properties (dtilt spike for example), and arrows that we have full control over allow for one of the most vast and varied sets of ATs in the game.

oh yeah he has no real bad MUs excep mk. wario aint that bad now that i played a few at whobo and learned the match up really well. also apparently others can do well with pit vs g&w so if i learn that it just leaves MK.

this is why i like pit anyways....

EDIT:

below this post is the truest statement on the page

fUddO

Smash Ace
Maharba pretty much stole my answer. I'll add that I love camping, and Pit is the campiest character in the game, aside from Olimar, who I thought was rubbish when I started, but turned out to be awesome, lol.

What do you guys do when you're facing a person who you know has a pocket ICs, and you've won game 1? Do you ban FD, and risk going to a sub-par Pit stage like Yoshi's Island: Brawl or Castle Siege, or do you risk it and play out the stupid climbers on their ultimate level? Since I'm the least clutch person in existence, I hate leaving things to game 3.

EDIT: Also, what do you counterpick against ICs? I tried Delfino last tournament, and as I was playing, I realized just how horrible it is. Sure you can plank, and have ample platform space on the flying part, but most of the landed parts are terrible for the ICs matchup.

Top Bottom