• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Esca

Smash Champion
Before Brawl came out, my friend said that Pit was a new character on the game and he could shoot arrows and fly under stages. That's why I play Pit.

Also, fuddo I always ban FD. Yoshi's Island and Castle Seige are beast for Pit.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
care to explain that one esca? Pit's biggest weakness IMO is that his recovery can be defeated so easily if he cant go under the stage. YiB and Castle prevent you from going under the stage... hence i feel that those are two of pit's weakest levels.

Esca

Smash Champion
care to explain that one esca? Pit's biggest weakness IMO is that his recovery can be defeated so easily if he cant go under the stage. YiB and Castle prevent you from going under the stage... hence i feel that those are two of pit's weakest levels.
I like Yoshi's Island because there's some tricks Pit can do there with the slopes on the ledge. Also because WoI refreshes your moves if you hit the shyguys.

And Castle Seige, you still have so much room to camp, and Pit is decent on big levels.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I like Yoshi's Island because there's some tricks Pit can do there with the slopes on the ledge. Also because WoI refreshes your moves if you hit the shyguys.

And Castle Seige, you still have so much room to camp, and Pit is decent on big levels.
What tricks on YI are you talking about? I don't know any tricks on that stage, but I don't believe it's as bad as perceived to be anymore.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i actually agree with esca, i think YI is better for pit than say like PK Sta1 or somethin. you can camp the slant hard cause of dtilt hitbox switch. it get longer than normal when you face inwards which means it has more range marth's fsmash. it also makes the hitbox reach above you stopping aerial approaches as well. and when you face the edge the spike box is way easier to hit with.

start AR on the second line away from the ledge and it tilts it and makes a hitbox roof over the ledge which works well against spacies and a few others. great edgeguard technique.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I was gonna use Lucario. For those who were here on Smashboards when brawl came out know my original name and why I changed it lol. I use pit because in Subspace Pit came as like the 3rd character and lucario took forever. So i was like angel with arrows and ish? Sure why not.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I play Pit because I love to be a defensive campy ******* that can manipulate the s*** out of people and get back on stage from any part of the screen.

Esca

Smash Champion
@ Yoshis Island : If you come up onto that slant and airdodge, you can buffer a utilt and it's SUPERRRRRRRRRR fast. Like Marth upb fast. It also makes the hitboxes larger.

I'm still working on invincibility there. Do you guys think if we upb on that slant and follow the stage horizontally that we can bair or fair and it be invincible?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
@ Yoshis Island : If you come up onto that slant and airdodge, you can buffer a utilt and it's SUPERRRRRRRRRR fast. Like Marth upb fast. It also makes the hitboxes larger.

I'm still working on invincibility there. Do you guys think if we upb on that slant and follow the stage horizontally that we can bair or fair and it be invincible?
Ya i figured this out a while back when i first started using him.It made me lol. Apparently it works for every character as well. Also, idk about that invincible stuff but it would be useful if it works like that. I could see YI becoming one of pits best stages for certain matchups. Like falco,diddy,DDD. Probably more that i cant think of off the top of my head.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wait are you talking about WOI invincibility or like ledge grab invincibility? and how does gettin out fair or bair happen while invincible from either of those?

im confused by the question. could you explain how you think the situation works?

Esca

Smash Champion
I like using YI against characters that have trouble against air camping. The single centralized platform makes good for camping.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
OH!!!! i get it you mean can pit's up b keep invincibility when done on that little corner like DK! i gotcha. if i could test this i would. but since i can't... go kuro go! lolol

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Anybody use b reversal when trying to land? Works as a mindgame for snake and diddy so I think I want to add it into my game since I get juggled all day long and we can do it with arrows or mirror shield

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Anybody use b reversal when trying to land? Works as a mindgame for snake and diddy so I think I want to add it into my game since I get juggled all day long and we can do it with arrows or mirror shield
Yeah bro, I do that all the time w/ mirror shield. It's works best because it makes Pit move similar to how Snake b-reversal's his nades. Arrows are alright, and I guess their is a potential loop involved that could work.

Another thing that I was brainstorming while playing last weekend was that if we were ever hit high, but still survived, we could arrow rain because there would be enough time before Pit reached the ground, but that's just an idea...I tried it out, but I'm not good enough @ looping to really know if it could work or not.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Another thing that I was brainstorming while playing last weekend was that if we were ever hit high, but still survived, we could arrow rain because there would be enough time before Pit reached the ground, but that's just an idea...I tried it out, but I'm not good enough @ looping to really know if it could work or not.
This is actually a really good idea.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it is such a ***** to set up the arrow if your opponent has an upward projectile (nades, turnips, arrows) or has a hard punishing u-air (mk, wario, zss). grghhh i gotta master this now tho. gotta keep my arrow game at top notch ya know

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I don't know if that will work due to Arrows disappearing if they go too far off the stage. If it does work, though, it would be a great way to make people think twice about chasing us into the air. I'll try to test it out, although I'm not sure if it will work.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
MK: "HAHA D-smashed *****! hmm nice DI but i'm coming for you now!"
Pit: Pew pew pew
MK: "Where you shooting those arrows idiot?! HAHA!"
Pit: "You're not ready yet!"
MK: *gets hit by arrow rain and Bair. Dies*
Pit: "Hail Palutena, Victory is ours!"

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
What you're saying is meaningless tech skill, and getting hit would result in improper di. As much as I admire Tech skill with Pit you guys gotta think about the situation before pulling that off.

Trust me guys I love being technical with Pit.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Everyone hates Pit. Pit will drop continuously with each tier list until he is virtually bottom of D tier.

Top Bottom