• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
jab, plank, mirror shield, AR at the edge, bair for the kill or fsmash if they get cocky. falco mu in a nutshell. oh yeah, always stay near a ledge, that's realllllllllly important. but just look up where me, ptzr, and koolaid discussed the MU, it's all there from us 3.

btw,
falco discussion next kuro, so many people ask about it.
WHAAAAT???? WHERE IS THIS TREASURE TROVE!!!! D:<

Also it's up in the air between wario or falco. Both need to be done sooooo...

jbandrew

Smash Lord
How do I play Pit? No ones ever been to give me an accurate description =/. People always say "Just shoot arrows and camp." But no one ever tells me what I should be looking for my opponent to do, where I should be (just outside opponents range or what?) and all that super nescessary stuff . Like if someone runs in and powersheilds my arrow my face gets wrecked. so yea. Help!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
How do I play Pit? No ones ever been to give me an accurate description =/. People always say "Just shoot arrows and camp." But no one ever tells me what I should be looking for my opponent to do, where I should be (just outside opponents range or what?) and all that super nescessary stuff . Like if someone runs in and powersheilds my arrow my face gets wrecked. so yea. Help!!
I just shoot arrows, SH-nair and jab a lot. and wing stall every now and way for teh mindgaemz

honestly I just watched videos of Esca, and copied him, tbh.

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
can some explain to me in details how i do the raining arrows? i do the loop one but not the rainning ones.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Shoot 3 straight up then shoot one backwards and loop it around you and straight down. All of your arrows take the same path as the last one you shot and they don't dissapear if they go offscreen straight up.

:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
learn how to space with the tip of dtilt, get creative with how/when you jab and how you follow both jab endings up, don't glide attack except on read or it is unpunishable, learn the way of mirror shield, learn both onstage gameplay before you practice planking, as planking is easy whereas the onstage game is where it's hard.

edit
oh ya, learn how/when to use ftilt and fair, they really are great when used properly

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It depends, I've seen Japanese Pits(Masashi&Earth) get their arrows powershielded right in the face, but they somehow shield/spotdodge/roll away right in time. I believe they buffer their moves a lot better than US Pit players, but how to play Pit?! That's a tough one because Pit is versatile and there aren't really any amazing Pits to be able to say(not that the experienced Pits can give a good description).

I'll give it a go though...

Pit can be played very campy and also aggressive, but from personal experience...passive aggressiveness with Pit suits best. His arrows allow him to figure out and pressure opponents whether they are on the ledge, far away, in the air...wherever. Learning how to control and when to use arrows is probably the biggest thing you should learn with Pit. Also, learning his entire range because it's not the best, but with good spacing--it works well enough. I'd say mid-range away from the opponent is optimal. It gives you enough time to retreat and arrow, but also enough to dash-shield grab/approach/whatever. Another biggy w/ Pit is learning how to string and punish the opponent in the air and landings. Pit has few combos, but most of his moves string together and send opponents straight into the air, probably more than any character. Also, learning how to recover and not getting gimped out of up-b/glide is important.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So ...question.

You know how wings of icarus' duration gets decreased if you don't touch the ground or some ish like that?

If i wing refresh to wing refresh does that still happen?

Also, how long does it take for the full time of WoI to be restored after it gets decreased from overusage?

Kuro~

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yes, even if you wing refresh. also, the specific times are instead of WOI lasting 5 seconds, it lasts 2.5 seconds. however you don't need to touch the ground to get the 5 seconds back, you just have to not be in WOI for 2 seconds, air or ground. it makes no difference.

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
when i do WOI under the stage sometimes i go to the other side fast but sometimes it seemes that im going slow what could it be?

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone it is me again :)

one short question:
Do you use ur dair fairly often?
I mean is it worth it?

I play pit since 2008 and never use it :x
all his other arials are awesome, hands down
Is there any good use I'm not aware of or am I just ignorant? xD

thanks in advance

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
D-air's pretty good if you know how to use it. Sometimes, it's good to get opponents above you, that of which Pit is pretty good when he's below his opponent in most cases, provided you don't have to deal with higher-priority moves, like a G&W D-air at certain angles.

What I want to know is what characters make good partners for Pit (EXCLUDING MK). I've been trying to figure out possible little team combos (or Follow-ups) for some, which is why I mentioned Peach and ZSS a lot, but what about other characters (again, excluding MK)?

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
never knew it's such a good killing move.
At which % it kills the average char?
Is it crucial to hit with a special spot or does the opponent always fly above you?
As I sayed above it's the only attack I never use in pits moveset I have no clue about it, I often got punished when I tryed to use it.

most of the time I think there are better options then dair idk ^^
but I give it a try

@admiral pit I tought you don't play anymore
I like you pit play :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wanted details, or at least was I can test to see if they got a few tricks, but I lost my creativity a lot now-a-days. Only thing I got was Pit with Peach, and I dont think I trust Sonic.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
what are your opinion about dash dancing and privat dance with pit?

I use them sometimes to look cool but are there really usefull?
Ok you can psyodo mindgame with the dash dance a bit
and the privat dance is completly useless imo but it looks cool :cool:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Dash dancing, can be used for when you're baiting an airdodge. I dash dance when I kill someone to get some tech skill back. I don't have any other uses for it.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
Dash dancing, can be used for when you're baiting an airdodge. I dash dance when I kill someone to get some tech skill back. I don't have any other uses for it.
Sorry I dont understand the whole thing

Edit: How do I perform a arrow swarm?
I'm very good at loop and rain but I dont manage it to perform a good arrow swarn. Yass use them very often in his vids. I have the problem when I stand for example on the left edge shooting an arrow to the right, looping them and than I want to shoot a second arrow to loop them to but after that the first arrow loops on the right sight and the second one loops where the first one loops before. Sry for the bad explantion hope you understand my problem.
Is it just bad timing or am I doing something absolutly wrong?
Some tips would be awesome

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Whenever I get Hyped. I Regain my tech skill, then I start throwing out frame traps. It's like a boost of energy. Dash dancing makes me Hyped.

Top Bottom