• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hardest game

Shök

Smash Champion
The original Metroid on NES.

Turok 2 Seeds of Evil.

Those levels were to long.

Toon Linky

Smash Rookie
There are quite, but i'll list one or two

Ecco the Dolphin (Yes, if you played it you should understand well enough). I also found the last world of the Original Super Mario Bros to be brutal. The most difficult games tend to be the classics.

Bolinoak

Smash Rookie
Anyone ever play IWBTG? Or, I Wanna Be The Guy. It's incredibly hard. And when I say hard, I mean impossibly hard.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Another tough game? Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition found in the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

The comps are always in Super SF II Turbo mode and they are all exceedingly difficult. They even put up a fight on the lowest difficulty. :)

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. I usually die a lot in the underwater level where you have to disarm the bombs.

The Angry Video Game Nerd made a review on that game
Yeah. All my thoughts on the game are the same as his. To hell with Castlevania 2. :mad:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I got Super Ghouls and Ghosts off of virtual console last week... Oh God, I new those red demons were tough, but they make the AI of today's games apear brain-dead. They can even dodge IN-BETWEEN the crossbow shots!

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
Kid icarus, which, in my opinion, is an awesomely programmed game. it's levle designers need ot be shot. a backwards difficuly curve? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

LURCHI

Smash Rookie
I think many many old NES Games were hard. Kid Icarus or Megaman for example. Donkey Kong Country was very hard too, i think. :cool:

Pef7

Smash Cadet
Zelda ll was hard but i eventually beat it. The only game i have never beaten ever would be Saga Frontier for the PS1. Your characters had to be near perfect stats or had perfect stats to beat any final boss!
Agreed...SUCH a good game...infact I have Unlimited SaGa right next to me...an interesting game at least.

Hardest game...Perfect Weapon for the PS1. First level..."Hey I got an idea! Who gives tutorials or knowledge of the button configuration in the least? Lets just throw them in the middle of the artic so they lose life ON THE FIRST LEVEL! People love that ****!"

drcossack

Smash Ace
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. I usually die a lot in the underwater level where you have to disarm the bombs.

Yeah. All my thoughts on the game are the same as his. To hell with Castlevania 2. :mad:
I haven't had problems with that level in quite a while (though I've never really gone beyond the level after it.) I promised to torture my 6 year old cousin with it sometime - I was with some family members for most of the day and I told him my oldest games would make him cry (he wanted to play one of the two in my Black DS Lite - Pokemon Diamond [working on competitive team, I've added Dragonite, Gyarados, and Weavile. I have to EV Train my Deoxys-S] & Zelda II [which has a bunch of the "New Game+" type files where you start with maxxed Life/Magic/Attack levels], and I kept telling him no because I didn't want them deleted.)

The original TMNT was the first game I thought of for him, though I have many more hellish NES titles for him (Ninja Gaiden I and III [I always thought 2 was the easiest of the 3], Metroid, Mario games, etc) - IF he can get past the swimming level, I'll introduce him to Ninja Gaiden (He's 6 though. When I was his age, I just swam into the first set of reefs with all 4 Turtles to get it over with.)

I got Super Ghouls and Ghosts off of virtual console last week... Oh God, I new those red demons were tough, but they make the AI of today's games apear brain-dead. They can even dodge IN-BETWEEN the crossbow shots!
How do I get games off of VC? I'm a moron with technology - someone PM me with info or link me to a walkthrough for it.

I think many many old NES Games were hard. Kid Icarus or Megaman for example. Donkey Kong Country was very hard too, i think. :cool:
I remember having problems w/King K. Rool in Donkey Kong Country back in the day. NES games can STILL make me cry (not literally obviously) - I gave some of my opinions earlier in this thread. I SWEAR TO GOD I AM GOING TO BEAT the original Ninja Gaiden by the middle of June (the 15th.) I don't care how many times I have to continue, since you don't have to fight the bosses over again.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wasnt E.T. unbeatable because the only goal was to stay alive with no end?
I vote that.

M-80

Smash Cadet
hmmmm the hardest game i ever played was contra 2 on hard....can u say.....cheat codes lol i hate that game on hard and i would have to say megaman x2 and 3 were very very hard for me just cant do it lol

lifestream

Smash Rookie
Ninja Gaiden on the hardest mode was nuts.

and the megaman games, while not that hard, never cease to make me throw a controller.

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
There was a tiny toons game i got once and I could only get to level two and one soccer game that was impossible to win at.

For Super NES

Amigo

Smash Cadet
There was a tiny toons game i got once and I could only get to level two and one soccer game that was impossible to win at.

For Super NES
LOL! What a coincedence, I bought a spiderman comic today (AMZ spiderman #377 FYI:)) and it had a commercial for that game! (the tiny toons one)

Ive got to say though hardest game I have ever played would be Metroid on the NES. Which reading some above posts many agree with me.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
-_-

Why so many "Metroid"s? The game wsn't that difficult.

I saw someone post Kaizo Mario, and while I agree that one is hard, I think I Wanna Be The Guy is harder. A buddy of mine completed Kaizo (or I think he finished it lol... I havn't asked) but he refuses to touch IWBTG. I myself, made it to the 3rd boss on IWBTG, and gave up haha.

D

Deleted member

I go Blaster Master for the NES because the grenade throwing trick doesn't work on this stupid crab!!
Also military madness for TurboGrafx because it's so cheap

Pef7

Smash Cadet
Has anyone here ever beaten Glover or Wipeout? Both for the N64.

They get my votes.
Glover was ridiculous...I mean even with cheats, since the cheats messed up the game. My friend owns it and we tried unlocking all of the levels and instead blocked off the first world...

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
fire emblem 6 on hard mode (hectors story with no one that you like dies)
You mean Fire Emblem 7, and I agree with you, it was insane.

I would actually arena abuse my characters, get them to 20/20 promoted, and still lose units. I gave up, and might pick it up later when I feel like it.

That stuff was near impossible.

heartless_pit

Smash Cadet
Ide say the hardest game ive ever palyed would have to be...either ghost n goblins but that probaly wont count since i only tried it twice, but then we have the deadly MEGAMAN games thier evil, yes fun through out the level BUT THEN THEBOSS APPEAR OMG HARD !

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Digital Devil Saga 2, just because of Satan. The game's not easy overall, but Satan's the single hardest challenge I've ever attempted in any videogame ever. He's harder than Yiazmat, Enigmatic Soldier, Vergil, Dracula/Death, Alma, Ozma, or any other videogame boss EVER.

Seriously. Never play that game.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Hardest game I played was F zero GX, specialy the master cups and very hard story chapters, i spent 2 hours on just one chapter

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I never got close to beating the original Battletoads when I was a kid.

Also, a few of my residents tell me that Ikaruga is just an incredibly frustrating game.

Top Bottom