• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
If you haven't been doing well with Cloud lately, do you think you just dislike playing him? Or are you just on a losing streak? I can relate, because for a day or two last week I really wanted to drop Ryu because I couldn't win. But then I realized, I love this character so much while winning it wouldn't be worth it to drop him just because I was losing.
It's just been a straight losing streak for a few weeks. I keep getting bodied by everyone, good or bad. It's sad, because I really love the character and know a lot about him, but I'm just not doing well at all. I don't want to drop him if I don't have to, but if I keep on this now three-week streak of failure, there's no point in keeping him around.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Guys I did it, I finally freakin' did it. I won a tourney. It wasn't the most stacked, and not everyone was playing theor best, but I won it. And I did it by soloing Mario, a character who I picked up as a joke and just went insane with. I 2-0ed the 5th best player in my state along with a few other names I couldn't get past for the longest time. Really happy seeing my name next to Supreme Campion for once. Hopefully it won't be the last. Really happy right now, haven't felt this way in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Guys I did it, I finally freakin' did it. I won a tourney. It wasn't the most stacked, and not everyone was playing theor best, but I won it. And I did it by soloing Mario, a character who I picked up as a joke and just went insane with. I 2-0ed the 5th best player in my state along with a few other names I couldn't get past for the longest time. Really happy seeing my name next to Supreme Campion for once. Hopefully it won't be the last. Really happy right now, haven't felt this way in a while.
Congrats man, I still need to attend a tourney lol! I've been playing a lot of anthers though, so hopefully I can "git gud" before I go to one.

D

Deleted member 269706

Congrats man, I still need to attend a tourney lol! I've been playing a lot of anthers though, so hopefully I can "git gud" before I go to one.
Appreciate it! Before I entered a tourney I was nothing but a For Glory warrior. No anthers, very little genuine practice. I decided to attend my first tourney and actually made it to 3rd! Needless to say, a lot of the people at the tourney were pretty bad back then, but the point is, you'll probably end up doing better than you expect if you've been putting in the time and effort. I've been attending that local for around 8 months now and the amount of growth I've seen has been unreal. If you want to start getting real good, go over to that tourey. Even if you do horrible, people are still super cool and willing to help you improve. Good luck man!

Last edited by a moderator:

Buuman

Smash Ace
Appreciate it! Before I entered a tourney I was nothing but a For Glory warrior. No anthers, very little genuine practice. I decided to attend my first tourney and actually made it to 3rd! Needless to say, a lot of the people at the tourney were pretty bad back then, but the point is, you'll probably end up doing better than you expect if you've been putting in the time and effort. I've been attending that local for around 8 months now and the amount of growth I've seen has been unreal. If you want to start getting real good, go over to that tourey. Even if you do horrible, people are still super cool and willing to help you improve. Good luck man!
Congrats man. Feels great doesn't it? ;)

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
Congrats! I definitely will start going to tournaments as soon as I get my driver's license. Speaking of driving.
I'm pretty happy I drove all the way home for the second time and I found out timpani will be available to play for our school's marching band show. Last year in Marching Band, I played timpani as well as did a timpani solo. I'm pretty happy to get it and I'm finding out the show next week which is also very exciting!

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Right there with you. I have a loooooooong way to go before I can finally go to tournaments. I have a lot of improving to do, and I've very fickle when it comes to picking a main. I believe Corrin is it (Since what I call "The Falling Away" with Cloud) and Lucina/Marth and Villager as semi-solid and solid secondaries. I still need to set up Anther's ladder so I can finally stop playing on For Glory. It's not doing me any favors.

It's difficult to use for me considering my PC is in one room and my Wii U is in another (plus my tablet is crap for that sort of thing), but I'll work it out.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm slowly becoming more aware socially, because I suddenly have more friends that I actually enjoy hanging out with (And for those of you that visit the unhappy thread, I'm glad to say that your advice worked!).

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Monday I am going to ask for a special someone's number...

Wish me luck!

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Monday I am going to ask for a special someone's number...

Wish me luck!
Just take my advice from way up :D

EDIT: I don't want to double post, so I'll just put a date edited and what I have to say today in this reply.

Date written: 5/12/2016

So, I was debating whether or not to put this in the unhappy thread, but I think there's more leeway for this to become a positive thing (and I prefer to think positive). Now, I'm a bit confused about this whole thing, but I've started really liking one of my closer opposite-gender friends lately. Now, I had a crush on this person before, but it's just kind of come back recently, which is why I'm a bit confused. I'm not saying that's a bad thing because it was always a mutual liking (which means if she's still interested after all this time, I have better chances with her than with my previous crush), but there's still the problem of my most recent crush. I don't know what to do about her. But, that's a problem to be dealt with in the Unhappy Thread.

Until then, here's good news that is actually, 100% good news. First off, if you haven't noticed my new profile picture, I'm really, really hyped for Sun and Moon in November. Popplio is obviously going to be my starter. I just took one look at this cute little guy and I said "This one's for me."

Secondly, remember what I said about Cloud earlier? Well, he has fully redeemed himself! He is back as my solid main character (With Corrin right behind him, of course) and I'm really happy about that. Also, now that the Overwatch Beta is done with, I'm going to be getting back into Smash again.

And last, but certainly not least, school ends in FIVE DAYS! I'm so freakin' excited to be rid of school for another three-and-a-half months. The only downside is that I have exams on the last days of school, but two upsides is that next week isn't a full week, and I get to get out really early on the exam days. YAY!

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I got the girl I like's number! :)

Next Friday is a school dance. I'm going to ask her, so wish me luck

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Thanks!

You'll find someone. Why do you have to wait until next year?

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Had to delete the previous message here so I'm not double-posting. Think more positive people! Anyhoo...

*Laughs awkwardly* Yeah... so, I hope nobody really remembers the post that was in this one's place before I paved over it making this one. I've been in a bad mood since last week, but thankfully that's over. It sucks being a teenager. It's embarrassing to go back and see the things you post online while your in an emotionally unstable state. And for Pete's sake, this is the Happy Thread, I shouldn't be posting about my failures on here.
So, now that we've gotten that out of the way and I've used my silver tongue and Jedi mind tricks to make you all forget what I posted before, here's the good news.

So... I've decided to long jump out of my comfort zone and ask this girl I like to a movie. This is probably the single most uncomfortable thing for me to do right now, but I'm learning to take my problems by the horns and deal with them. I'm not as bold as I think I should be? Don't hide in your corner and play Smash, me, ask a really pretty girl to a movie! (for those of you who related that last sentence to 'Smash Corner', pun not intended)

I'll probably do it after school ends (and after I get my phone working again) next week, but even with plenty of time to think it through and make a solid plan (which I have), I'm getting anxious. I don't know if I'm excited, terrified, or both, but it's invigorating in a way. I'm finally punching my comfort zone in the face and doing something I want for a change. And something tells me that she won't say no, either. So that give me things to be happy about. I think she's been wanting me to do something, I just haven't had the courage to. But, as the old saying goes, "No pain, no gain." I wish that weren't true, but then nothing would ever have a challenge. What's the fun in that?

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to you two! I'm still single, but eh. I don't really care enough to get a gf.
On the plus side, I've been listening to Guilty Gear Xrd soundtrack while I play smash. It gets me so hype. I do way better and just think through things really well.

Last edited:

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I'm starting a new job pretty soon. I'm gonna be doing kitchen work in a restaurant that just opened up. I'm really excited but also rather nervous.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I just created my first thread on this account (I had a few threads back on my old account) about your favorite game of all time is and wrote the longest post I have ever made just about Metal Gear Solid 3 and why I think it is the best game ever. I feel pretty good about myself to just vent about my favorite game and I hope that you guys will tell me about your favorite games in that thread. Here is the link to the thread if you want to talk about your favorite game and/or read my long *** post about MGS3.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Finished my first year of college and I passed all of my classes. I also resolved a stressful situation where I was accused of letting another student copy my lab reports (it was a giant misunderstanding, both of us did nothing wrong and we didn't get in trouble). Now I can kick back and relax until next September and enjoy my new summer job at the school library.

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing a lot of overwatch and sm4sh lately. Also been cross dressing a lot more, that's always fun.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing a lot of overwatch and sm4sh lately. Also been cross dressing a lot more, that's always fun.
That reminds me, I tried to crossdress recently. It was pretty fun, nothing I'll do all the time but maybe next halloween or something when I'll have another excuse to do it.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Good Luck!

It went well. I have a girlfriend now! :)
Good for you man. Congrats. I'll admit, I'm really quite jealous...

I'm a little disappointed about how my dating life has gone these past two years, but I'm ready to just put it all aside and look forward towards the future. Love isn't everything, and I have a life to live, so why worry about it? I know it's going to happen at some point, maybe not as soon as I'd like, but it'll happen.

I'm looking at the bright side of my life. I've been playing a lot of Overwatch (I main Mercy. Respect your healers people. Who else is going to heal you, anyway?), I've going to play around on For Glory to try and find clips for Alpharad's new Replay Hut, I'm trying to convince my parents to get me into oboe (or piano) lessons and golf, and my life is pretty stable. I have friends that are amusing to play around with on games, a really good girl-friend (Not girlfriend. Two completely different things) who is nice to talk to (She's actually been messaging me first lately. She hasn't really ever done that before, so that's cool. We're becoming better friends) a lot about stuff like comics and movies, and life is just going well even if I don't have the girl of my dreams just yet. I'm going to feel like I'm missing something in my life for a while, but until then: I have friends, I have family, I have Smash, I have Overwatch, Pokemon Sun + Moon are coming out soon, and life couldn't be better.

#TeamMoon, #TeamPopplio (Because Popplio is the best and you know it!)

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Just listened to a podcast on chillhop cafe. Those dudes play some dope music on their stream, I recommend checking it out.

Jedi Reach

Smash Rookie
"For every closed door, a new one opens."

This quote has been on my mind a lot lately, especially after all the losses I'd endured over the years. Guess what I'm trying to say is never give up, and whatever you've lost or however heartbroken or whatever - just know that there is always a better outcome; if you are, of course, willing to soldier it out :)

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Out of school, got free time, world's pretty open to me. I sent a message out to all my former classmates (it's a pretty small class) because I felt they deserved a proper goodbye and the feedback was surprisingly positive. They're all good people.
Also talked with my psychiatrist about an experimental therapy. Basically, they give you MDMA - in a small dose and in a controlled environment - and have you talk to the therapist while under the influence. The idea is you become less paranoid and more open about personal issues while on psychoactives. I looked up some scientific articles on it, and while it's still in the early phase, there have been cases of it being very beneficial to people with PTSD - arguably "curing" it.

And Dishonored 2 was announced. I look forward to playing it, but I also want to see the crazy Rube-Goldberg-esque assassinations people come up with. The first game allowed you to pull tricks like freezing time, possessing a guard and walking him into his own line of fire. There's astoundingly creative videos on YouTube.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Usually I'm on the other side of the spectrum in the other unhappy thread...but I guess i just don't feel unhappy at the moment.

I just finished my practice experience for my current semester in Psychiatric nursing, something that one year ago I was failed in due to a faulty teacher that requires a giant appeal case to which I won. Feels great that i managed to complete though under a better teacher and learned much more. My anxiety talking to patients is almost nil now. My heart goes out to some of my patients and their stories, make me want to help them so much more. Especially the ones with depression. Guess it means I have to shape up so i can help them. Also I know a lot about antidepressants now because I prepare and administer them PO (orally).

In other news, I'm gonna be on a dating show! First Dates Canada. I won't tell you which one I am when I post the episode after filming...i'll let you all guess but I'll try to slip in a smash bros reference for y'all. Boy I hope they hook me up with a suitable girl. I accomplished my big 3 goals (Drivers license, jobs, schooling) so my next goals are a girlfriend and a car.

Apparently that show accepts about 100/2000 people...no big.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Today was my last day of school and pretty much all of the issues I talked about in the unhappy thread other than still not having a girlfriend have worked out pretty nicely in the end.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's the middle of my summer break and so far I'm enjoying myself. Got a bunch of fun games during the Steam summer sale and I get to enjoy myself at work. I've even had days where I can go to sleep as early as 10 pm. Hopefully nothing bad happens during the next two months.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
This happened this week on Monday, but the problem I had where I told some girl I liked for 2 years how I felt and she stopped talking to me is fine now. On Monday I texted her again telling her that I am fine if she doesn't like me back and that if she doesn't I don't want things to change between us. She rejected me because she said we don't really know each other well enough and she isn't looking for a boyfriend right now (honestly I already heard that she wasn't looking for anyone but her friend told me to just go ahead and tell her how I feel if I want), which which probably means she won't ever like me that way. Even though I told her I don't want things to change between us, ironically we are both more comfortable talking to each other now. I jumped the gun thinking she wouldn't talking to me anymore, but to be fair that is exactly what has happened in the past with most of the girls I have told how I felt. I asked her if I would ever have a chance with her if we get to know each other better and she said she isn't sure and I told her that we will find out, but I am not going to hold my breath (because I doubt anything is going to happen between us, though until she tells me a straight up yes or no I am still going to have some hopes).

Top Bottom