• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Graduated today. It was really cool just seeing everyone so happy and hugging and just getting along once the ceremony was over. Just so much positive energy. Really fun to see and be a part of.
Congrats!, yeah its a once in a lifetime experience I took full advantage of it and we all went to an after-school party that lasted t'ill 5AM.

One of the only times I didn't regret going to a party, everyone was mostly extremely happy and friendly rather than crazy as they usually get after such a damn long party. It was really enjoyable.

D

Deleted member 269706

Congrats!, yeah its a once in a lifetime experience I took full advantage of it and we all went to an after-school party that lasted t'ill 5AM.

One of the only times I didn't regret going to a party, everyone was mostly extremely happy and friendly rather than crazy as they usually get after such a damn long party. It was really enjoyable.
Most of my buddies just went and hung out with our families afterwards, but we plan to celebrate later in the week. It was just really cool seeing almost EVERYONE getting along. It felt like we had won a war or something, you know? So many smiles and photos. It was pretty great. And now I don't know what to do with myself, now that it's all over...

Octavium

Most of my buddies just went and hung out with our families afterwards, but we plan to celebrate later in the week. It was just really cool seeing almost EVERYONE getting along. It felt like we had won a war or something, you know? So many smiles and photos. It was pretty great. And now I don't know what to do with myself, now that it's all over...
After I graduated, I instantly went to study in college and I honestly regret it. Even though its been working out for me decently so far, I didn't know what to do with myself so I just went without much thinking.

Now, thinking back about it, I could've used that time to truly find out what I wanted to do. Even though I honestly don't really hate what I'm studying. It just takes a bunch of my time and I've become really really passionate about other things, I really really want to become a professional kickboxer. But I'm studying in engineering and I don't have the time to train or even play games.

I'm 20 and am almost a black belt in Kyokushin Karate and I've been doing quite well in sparring, I honestly think I'd have a shot If I didn't go study.

(Although I may leave to china in a year or two for a complete year of heavy training in their kung fu schools, for about ~5k$ you're fed, housed and trained 8hours a day for a year. Along with alot of sparring training, its an awesome deal and its almost 3000 hours of experience).

Octavium

If I were you, I'd find a job and take a year or two off to figure out what you want to do with yourself. You would also make a pretty good amount of money in that time, an you could use that to help you in the future.

Look for a craft or hobby or job you think you would be passionate in, and that is the fuel to a life's goal. The meaning of life is to die with no regrets.

D

Deleted member 269706

If I were you, I'd find a job and take a year or two off to figure out what you want to do with yourself. You would also make a pretty good amount of money in that time, an you could use that to help you in the future.

Look for a craft or hobby or job you think you would be passionate in, and that is the fuel to a life's goal. The meaning of life is to die with no regrets.
I would love to take a year off, but I don't think I'd be able to keep my sanity living at home for another year. I'm headed off to a university to study engineering, specifically computer science. Depending on how the first year goes will determine how the next few years go. I really don't know what else to do besides go to college at this point, it's basically been an expectation since I was a kid, and now it's hard for me to imagine going anywhere else. I mean, engineering pays really well, even right out of college, so I'm not too worried about the debt. Hoping to find a good hobby when I get into college, no idea what though...

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Graduated today. It was really cool just seeing everyone so happy and hugging and just getting along once the ceremony was over. Just so much positive energy. Really fun to see and be a part of.
Congratulations!

Meanwhile I just finished my first year of highschool, tenth grade here I come... after a well needed Summer break.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ireland just voted en masse to legalise same-sex marriage.

For the first time in a very, very long time, I am extremely proud to be Irish. :3

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even though it was expensive, I'm glad I bought a gaming laptop.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
A Lenovo Y50-70 Touch. It's pretty refreshing to finally have a personal laptop.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I love how positive everyone is in here, omg. It's so nice. Really sticking to the thread title. :)
That's pretty much the whole point of the thread. Lol. If you are ever feeling down, don't be afraid to post in this thread's sister thread, The Unhappy Thread.

Dr. Slam

Smash Cadet
So yee, probably should check up on here more than twice a month lol.

The Memorial day "date" went pretty well. Picked friend up at her house, got to the theatre 5 minutes late because I have the navigational skills of Christopher Columbus. Tickets were sold out when we got there, so we walked around the nearby mall for an hour, then drove to 2nd and Charles and browsed around there for a bit. Friend said she had a good time as I dropped her back off at her home, day was win.

The moral of this story? Order movie tickets before you go to the theatre on any national holiday.

Octavium

You will never know the pain of having 6gb of RAM but having the worst graphics card in America.

But congrats on the new laptop!
Horrey shiet I know that feel, 1.5years playing gw2 on my intel HD processor card. 20FPS framerate with terrible graphics... the days... I was so addicted to MMOs at the time, I still played.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I got a new laptop as a graduation gift last week and today I got a Wario amiibo and an eShop card (which I used to get Donkey Kong 64 and both of the Mario Kart 8 DLCs). My last year of high school is finally starting to wind down as well.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm pretty happy that my Pit Amiibo finally came in the mail today. It's a Japanese import, but it was definitely worth it by the time I got it. I even bought a Pac-Man Amiibo as well, so my Amiibo collection is indeed growing. :)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The Good Dinosaur trailer, E3 in two weeks, D23 in August, and relaxation.

Why shouldn't I be happy? :)

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Been feeling lonely in the girl dept recentley haven't had a date in like 8 or 9 months.

Yesterday outta the blue, some girl added me to FaceBook (had mutual friends, liked my posts) It looks like she's single... she's cute.. and we talked for about 2-3 hours about fallout.... spiders.... black metal....all kinds of stuff... we have a ton of common interests.

I'm going to see if she wants to meet up and get to know eachother better. (wish me luck!)

Even if that doesn't happen I'm still pretty happy just to be talking to a female I could feasibly go on a date with. It's not that I lack confidence or anything it's just hard to find time to meet new people and this kind of just fell into my lap :)

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
My PC is finally fixed after a whole month! :bee:

YES.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Finally found a scene where I live and am now just waiting for other Sm4sh players xD. I'm glad I finally found an area. Hopefully i can finally learn how to play :p.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Yesterday I finished this here dog avatar for Smashboards and I think it came out alright!

Plus, my tutor is sending me offers for animation jobs, which is amazing! It's one small step towards my goal in life. Working in the animation industry! Here's hoping I hear back from one of them.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I got a full-time job that pays well enough to keep me going and is in an industry and profession that interests me!

And it doesn't start until next week so I can still watch the Nintendo direct live!

Top Bottom