• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Finished my new Tiki moveset that I've been sitting on for weeks.

And created some new story stuff. :3

Dr. Slam

Smash Cadet
Friend invited me to prom for the first time last Friday. It was the first time I've worn a suit in about 8 years.

Also, getting my license tomorrow (assuming I don't fail the test) and possibly have a date with said-friend in the future. WOOP WOOP!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Friend invited me to prom for the first time last Friday. It was the first time I've worn a suit in about 8 years.

Also, getting my license tomorrow (assuming I don't fail the test) and possibly have a date with said-friend in the future. WOOP WOOP!
Have fun at the prom and good luck on your driving test. Remember to stop behind the stop sign :).

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks!

Sorry, I should've specified; the *prom* was last Friday. And thanks! You wouldn't believe how many times my instructor drilled that into my head lol.
Oops. Based on the context, I should have at least figured out it happened already. Well....did you have fun?

Dr. Slam

Smash Cadet
Oops. Based on the context, I should have at least figured out it happened already. Well....did you have fun?
Nah it's fine, lol. Yep! We mostly just sat around and talked (neither of us dance, haha) but it was still a nice experience. Whole thing was held at some place near a river, so we were able to step out and enjoy some "chill" time.

Have you ever been to a prom?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nah it's fine, lol. Yep! We mostly just sat around and talked (neither of us dance, haha) but it was still a nice experience. Whole thing was held at some place near a river, so we were able to step out and enjoy some "chill" time.

Have you ever been to a prom?
Yes sir!! I went to prom with a very nice guy. He was shy, but it was cute that he worked up the courage to ask me. He was a gentleman the entire time. It was definitely a memorable night.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Funny, come to think of it, I skipped my debs (the local equivalent of the prom).

I neither enjoy loud music nor the company of intoxicated youths.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Funny, come to think of it, I skipped my debs (the local equivalent of the prom).

I neither enjoy loud music nor the company of intoxicated youths.
Luckily here there are not many intoxicated youth at dances and proms as they can get in major trouble for that.

Of course, the loud music had no effect on me. I could feel the vibration though, so I know it must have been loud.

Haha! I understand that shyness xD, It took me absolutely everything to ask a girl out.

We had lots of fun in the end though!
That is one thing I feel bad about for guys. All the pressure that is on you just to ask a question.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Mostly why I rarely went to parties, but the prom was the special exception.
Well it doesn't help that I was incredibly asocial back then and didn't have an emotional rapport with my colleagues.

You ain't seen nothin' 'til you've seen an Irish college party.

Dr. Slam

Smash Cadet
Yeah, someone spiked the punch about half-way through so we were like "lolno." The music was some sort of pseudo-club-step that hurt my ears.

Also, there were several articles of clothing that I questioned the validity of as "dresses." e_e

Luckily here there are not many intoxicated youth at dances and proms as they can get in major trouble for that.

Of course, the loud music had no effect on me. I could feel the vibration though, so I know it must have been loud.

That is one thing I feel bad about for guys. All the pressure that is on you just to ask a question.
Ironically enough, my date asked me there as a friend (I'm homeschooled.) Now I'm trying to work up the guts to ask her out.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ironically enough, my dare asked me there as a friend (I'm homeschooled.) Now I'm trying to work up the guts to ask her out.
I'm sure it is a nerve wracking proposition, but you should just go the way of the band-aid and do it quick before the suspense gets the better of you.

Dr. Slam

Smash Cadet
LOLJK TEST BE ON TUESDAY.

I'll stop blogging my life spamming here and let you all know when I finish it.

Dr. Slam

Smash Cadet
Passed the test, officially licensed to drive on the road, and possibly have a date with my friend from prom in the near future. I'm happy. c:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Two years of hunting back where I used to live, nothing.

Two weeks up here, and I finally have a job! It's temp, but I don't give even half a damn because it's experience and pays well enough for me to keep on keeping on!

Also I drove through downtown Columbus (skyscraper downtown) without horribly maiming anyone or having a panic attack because skyscrapers hurt my brain!

Now if I could just conquer my fear of escalators (any floor that moves, really), I'd be doing pretty damn good. Either way, super happy about the job and I'm gonna order out to celebrate.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Two years of hunting back where I used to live, nothing.

Two weeks up here, and I finally have a job! It's temp, but I don't give even half a damn because it's experience and pays well enough for me to keep on keeping on!

Also I drove through downtown Columbus (skyscraper downtown) without horribly maiming anyone or having a panic attack because skyscrapers hurt my brain!

Now if I could just conquer my fear of escalators (any floor that moves, really), I'd be doing pretty damn good. Either way, super happy about the job and I'm gonna order out to celebrate.
Congrats on the new job. Always a great feeling accompanied with success in the job hunt. Work hard.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
First time seeing the happy thread so i figured "Hey, i should mark my territory post here!"

So i just graduated with honors from my highschool and in 3 days my beautiful girlfriend will finally be ungrounded so we can go on date number three :estatic:.

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
I'm pretty happy now that my semester is over. I only have 3 classes left before I graduate with a Bachelor's in Business Studies and I currently have a 3.75 GPA. Now I'm just relaxing, playing video games, and watching Hunter x Hunter.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I'm pretty happy now that my semester is over. I only have 3 classes left before I graduate with a Bachelor's in Business Studies and I currently have a 3.75 GPA. Now I'm just relaxing, playing video games, and watching Hunter x Hunter.
Oh god I envy you... I got 3 more years in Mechanical Engineering :<, Its starting soon and Its going to be tough.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Awesome. Suspicious though.
Nah. My cohost and I entered only to keep the brackets symmetrical. In the event either of us won the whole thing, the prize money would be split down starting from second place and onward instead of us getting it.

I had a couple of close matches with a Falcon player and a Ness player. Even got some XP against a Diddy offline for the first time. Went all D3, too.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Nah. My cohost and I entered only to keep the brackets symmetrical. In the event either of us won the whole thing, the prize money would be split down starting from second place and onward instead.

I had a couple of close matches with a Falcon player and a Ness player. Even got some XP against a Diddy offline for the first time. Went all D3, too.

Smooth Criminal
A DDD main beating Diddy? Please tell me you recorded that xD.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It was a (self-admitted) pocket Diddy so I don't count it for much, like some great triumphant low tier win. Still, it was valuable experience in an offline setting that'll help me in the future.

Smooth Criminal

ZephyrZerard

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zerard-Garland
Woke up and had breakfast this morning

Now I've got a whole day to fill it with productivity :substitute:

D

Deleted member 269706

Graduated today. It was really cool just seeing everyone so happy and hugging and just getting along once the ceremony was over. Just so much positive energy. Really fun to see and be a part of.

Top Bottom