• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I get to drive a forklift at work while listening to any music I want as loud as I want.

It's the bee's knee's.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I'm finally going to get a job. I've been trying for a while now but where I live the economy is really bad and there aren't very many jobs available in the area. My friend told me the mink ranch his dad works at is hiring so a buddy and I are going to check it out sometime this morning.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm finally going to get a job. I've been trying for a while now but where I live the economy is really bad and there aren't very many jobs available in the area. My friend told me the mink ranch his dad works at is hiring so a buddy and I are going to check it out sometime this morning.
Dude minks are awesome. I hope you get the job. Minks are brutal warriors of death.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I graduated from High School yesterday! I'm so glad I don't have to spend another second in that place.

Soup's On!

Smash Cadet
I landed a Rest in For Glory today. Which, after a frustrating depressing day made me smile.

I mean I lost the match anyway but I ain't even mad. Good job Jiggs, you did it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Tenpei Sato and Takehito Harada~ <3

If these two worked on an anime together, I would cry stardust until I died.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I remember the time I got this shield break off a Ryu. Granted, it was friendlies, but it still felt pretty great to have pulled off regardless. To tell the truth, I honestly didn't expect it at all, which is why I taunted two times—one before I killed him and one afterwards. I think I might have overdone it on the gloating, ha ha...
Also, from time to time, I manage to pull off Elwind spikes. Those feel equally as amazing too.

Last edited:

Bombchu Link

Banned via Administration
NNID
Arwing-Y
Yesterday I got to meet Mew2King in person.

He didn't seem very excited to be at the tourney, but maybe that's just how he is for the most part. Not really showing emotion a lot, although I did get to play him a few rounds of casuals, and shake his hand.

I later asked him if he found all the people asking him for his signature and a picture annoying. He responded. "Yeah, but I don't really care." and then he smiled at me. Something he had not done before or since. All the pictures he took with people, he didn't smile for, had just had plain face with two fingers in the air just because. I'm not really sure what to think, he is a pretty good smash player undoubtedly, but it looked like he was almost missing something...

He later explained after coming in second place that he didn't want to attend EVO unless shiek nerfed enough and that he didn't feel pro unless he was playing shiek. He also commented how he didn't like how the game has boiled down to play shiek or lose.

I truly think I got something better then everyone else that day, a little understanding of what M2K was going through. And how ominous being a star can feel like.

I gave a little honestly that gave me back a small smile from the King of Mew, and that to me is worth more than 100 signatures and pictures.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Yesterday I got to meet Mew2King in person.

He didn't seem very excited to be at the tourney, but maybe that's just how he is for the most part. Not really showing emotion a lot, although I did get to play him a few rounds of casuals, and shake his hand.

I later asked him if he found all the people asking him for his signature and a picture annoying. He responded. "Yeah, but I don't really care." and then he smiled at me. Something he had not done before or since. All the pictures he took with people, he didn't smile for, had just had plain face with two fingers in the air just because. I'm not really sure what to think, he is a pretty good smash player undoubtedly, but it looked like he was almost missing something...

He later explained after coming in second place that he didn't want to attend EVO unless shiek nerfed enough and that he didn't feel pro unless he was playing shiek. He also commented how he didn't like how the game has boiled down to play shiek or lose.

I truly think I got something better then everyone else that day, a little understanding of what M2K was going through. And how ominous being a star can feel like.

I gave a little honestly that gave me back a small smile from the King of Mew, and that to me is worth more than 100 signatures and pictures.
Yo. Sooo lucky. One day, (I am 13) I hope I can get rekt by him. I seriously Look up to him. He is living proof, thay people can do what they want.
Seriously, One day, I really want to meet him.

D

Deleted member

My power was out for 4 to 5 hours tonight and it finally came back. I'm happy because I don't have to sleep in the heat and sleep with it being pitch black. :cheep:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
My power was out for 4 to 5 hours tonight and it finally came back. I'm happy because I don't have to sleep in the heat and sleep with it being pitch black. :cheep:
2010 my dad didn't have a job so we had no electricity for about 2 weeks in summer time and its was hot and very dark. Man i wish it was only 4 to 5 hours dude.

Last edited:

Dr.SMASHING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolSean
3DS FC
3110-4089-5828
My last day of school is tommorow and I can say goodbye to my school for the summer! I mean we have to type an essay on the diary of Anne Frank that has to be at least 600 words, but I just need a break from waking up at 6:30 in the morning. I can also put in much more work in smash and hopefully get Melee this summer! :joyful:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
We're staying friends but we're not going to be anything more. But I'm okay with that!
It's all good, at least now she knows and might change her mind in the future. Also there is most likely someone out there that is crushing on you (you just don't know it). Makes sure to keep an eye out and not ignore the signs.

One thing I've learned in my 25 years on this earth - When it comes to women and jobs you have to be confident, and persistent. You cant expect the first ones you try for to be a success; it's a numbers game, you will inevitably get turned down more than you find success. Bouncing back and having self-confidence is the key, but you seem to have those traits already.

Last edited:

Dr.SMASHING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolSean
3DS FC
3110-4089-5828
It's all good, at least now she knows and might change her mind in the future. Also there is most likely someone out there that is crushing on you (you just don't know it). Makes sure to keep an eye out and not ignore the signs.

One thing I've learned in my 25 years on this earth - When it comes to women and jobs you have to be confident, and persistent. You cant expect the first ones you try for to be a success; it's a numbers game, you will inevitably get turned down more than you find success. Bouncing back and having self-confidence is the key, but you seem to have those traits already.
Such wise advice!

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Just beat Smash 64's 1P mode on Hard for the first time. I only lost one stock, and that was during the polygon fight. I almost beat Master Hand without taking any damage. It was a pretty good run indeed.

Dr.SMASHING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolSean
3DS FC
3110-4089-5828
Just beat Smash 64's 1P mode on Hard for the first time. I only lost one stock, and that was during the polygon fight. I almost beat Master Hand without taking any damage. It was a pretty good run indeed.
Nice! I can barely beat it on normal. Unlocking Ness was a pain...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Was a do or die month and I pulled it off. Shattered my quota of 12 sales with an epic 17 finish. Big bonus money on the way and now I can pay off a few bills. *phew*

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I went to a concert last night and while I was there I realized that the venue would be perfect for a Smash tournament, so this morning I set up a questionnaire to see how many people would be interested before I decided to go and rent out a space. I didn't think many people would sign up, but I've already got 10 people (not including myself and my friends). Even some of the top players from my province are willing to come.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I got into Gravity Falls and learned it's not a bad show at all. Best new cartoon I've seen.

Last edited:

Dr.SMASHING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolSean
3DS FC
3110-4089-5828
Oh, I know man. When I was a little kid I never could do it. Same with Luigi.
Luigi was tricky. I think Yoshi's target test was the hardest, Link took me a while and Jiggs was tricky since I wasn't used to her slow air speed compared to other smash games.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
After having a really terrible week, boyfriend and i had a nice day of hanging out and playing card games. learning force of will now.

and bonussssss I pulled a Cheshire + a few other cards we both needed from packs!

Last edited:

Pizzaik

Smash Rookie
Im gonna get a car soon so I can get involved in my local New England Melee Scene

Top Bottom