• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We just used a chess board and played chess for fun, it wasn't like some sort of tournament.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I don't have the patience to play chess. >.< lol

I'm getting an iPhone tomorrow \o/

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Got an iPhone! :D But it's already half full :c WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE SO MUCH MUSIC ;-;

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
gettin over my cold, got to go to kawaii gifts' shop here in pittsburgh (so much cute stuff holy crap), and my friend and i are having a blast exploring the city and eating lots of delicious foods u w u
Mongolian stir fry is pro tier

also thought i broke my naga molten but i apparently fixed it??? so everything is okay and I can play league and model 3d stuff perfectly fine now so no complaining. got my mouse a nice little case from kawaii and now itll stay safe

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Chess is fun. I prefer Go since Chess just kinda becomes the same patterns over and over again, but I can enjoy a nice casual game every now and then. I had a particularly awesome game a month or two ago.

Mongolian stir fry is the best.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Been practicing C. Falcon a lot in Melee, such a fun character.

Now I need to get around to finding people to actually play with/possibly provide me with transportation to tournaments.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Chess is fun. I prefer Go since Chess just kinda becomes the same patterns over and over again, but I can enjoy a nice casual game every now and then. I had a particularly awesome game a month or two ago.
I've ordered 12 volumes of "Hikaru no Go" that's about that (with the artist from Death Note) and I'm really excited to get to reading it! If I like it I'll probably go looking for a Go board. XD

Also, Pandora's Tower arrived today, beat the first short tower, and basically gave up allllll my **** to Elena to make her like me, even the stuff that heals me and upgrades my stuff. I'm going to go through hell playing this game for the sake of this character, I can't wait.

Oh, and the news about Earthbound being on the Virtual Console (never played it), a new Yoshi's Island game on the 3DS, more footage of the Mario RPG, new Mario Party game for the 3DS (not sure if I'll get that), more Pikmin 3 footage and a release month, and footage of the next 3DS Zelda makes me happy as well. Bravely Default also interests me.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm one of those chess players that take an eternity to move a piece, and that doesn't even guarantee I won't make a mistake still. I'm not good but I enjoy the game still somehow. And I once played a guy who was like a "master" or something when he was young, and on the first turn he spent basically a half hour staring at the board before he even moved the first piece. That was the only case of him spending any time on his turn for the rest of the game (of course it helped that I was slow as ****).
Lol I take an eternity to move as well. Do you play online? I find right after I make a move I immediately see why it was a bad move and the move I should have made instead. It frustrates the hell out of me. I used to be really good (1400 points), but I loss my passion for the game, but still did it as a hobby and my game dropped because of that. I'm starting to really enjoy it again though.

And I'm surprised to see how
Don't they use timers in chess? Isn't your turn limited because of that?
There are various time limits, 1 minute and 1 hour being the standard opposites of the spectrum. There is also sometimes bonus time.....which is where you get more seconds added to your timer after each move you make, theoretically those kind of games could continue indefinitely despite the timer.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bought "Star Trek: The Original Series: Remastered"!

I'm going to watch it and see the changes they made

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I love my boyfriend and roommates and friends
Despite being a total mess yesterday, I got cheered up by hanging with the roomies and getting reassured by bf over Skype an texts cuz he isn't able to visit atm

Life is alright

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know have an avatar that represents the character "Psychoincarnate" which I think turned out pretty well

Created it myself

It uses the style of Mega Man

I still see some problems, but nothing that isn't easily fixed

Been doing corrections throughout the day when I wasn't at work/ school

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yesterday I said no to a callgirl for the very first time. I'm so proud of myself ^_^

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I am happy because my classwork involves me doing full illustrations and zbrush sculptures at the moment. Aside from programming and my workload (i accidentally 6 classes*), I have a LOT of illustration work and im improving quickly at sculpting <333 Character modelinggg eeeee

*Ok, so i talk with people at they just go "oh 6 classes thats NOT badddddddd"
Well, my classes only go once a week. 4 hour classes (besides psych; 2 two hour classes). I'm on the roster for 5 classes, and am consulting on a senior level class since they need more concept artists (I CAN be fired from that class if i dont produce quality work, but the teacher is in industry and remembers students who show initiative)
Most of my classes are project based as well, so no tests. LARGE homework assignments a week. So once a week classes are for good reason

20 hours of school a week at the moment. Yikes. Too muchhhh = 3= But im happy with my classes so yay less complaints go happy thread yeeeee

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The flipside of what I posted in the Unhappy Thread...? I'm finally moving towards change. I'm dieting, I'm exercising, and I'm actually feeling pretty damn good about it. I don't feel like I'm stagnating anymore.

Smooth Criminal

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Saw boyfriend today for the first time in a few weeks : )
And got some yugioh cards I needed from the regional

Wooooo good day

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
And I'm back on unemployment benefits. I'm so happy :)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Realized that I am actually making good progress on my midterm which I thought was due this week (we have 11 week quarters, so weeks 5/6 are midterm weeks...its confusing).....its due week 6 <33333 Got a good bit done, and will keep working on it tomorrow! Plus, going home this weekend to work as a caricature artist at my little sister's prom. While I'm home, I get to spend time with the bf and some of our good friends.

And, just had a great talk with a good friend of mine! We had a falling out a few years ago, but our trio of friends joined back up last year. It's really nice to talk with him like old times. Him, my boyfriend, and I are making a bunch of summer concert plans now and are excitedly planning fun adventures while syncing up school schedules and summer break schedules.
It's really nice to bury the hatchet and regain friendships. It isnt completely one of those "its like nothing ever happened" moments - we've all grown a bit and changed. We've DEFINITELY matured and forgiven past transgressions (bad fights on both sides, yo). But, at the core, we kind of picked up where we left off and have reformed what is an awesome friendship <3 the trio is back together <3333

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I am happy that I found out that there are yugioh tournys in a card shop 6 minutes away from where I live last month, and I've been having fun going to the tournys. It's probably the most friendly community I've ever been in. Kinda weird how different it is than the Houston brawl community was though. The Yugioh community here seems very new player-friendly, and everyone tries to help each other out for the most part, yet there is no online site that people in the local community here go to and talk at. A lot of the people that go to those don't even own a computer, or play video games, etc. It's kinda feels like I've stepped back in time almost, but it's kinda cool too.

I think this is what it must feel like to be a part of "IRL".

:059:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think there IS a IRL anymore...

Everyone is all on their future phones with all the fancy bells and whistles. texting all day, talking online more than they do when they see eachother

Talking through bluetooth, looking like they are crazy people. Pretending they are having an important conversation

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
LOUFFY WON STUNFEST!! Yeah, I'm so happy. I swear if I have a job by then(Scary thought if I don't). I'll pay for half of Louffy's ticket for him to come to Evo. If he wins the NSL I may very well pay for all his ticket. He needs to compete in America again.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Something I thought wasn't going to be uploaded is being uploaded(I won't say what for fear that someone may try to have it removed). I'm really happy about that ^_^

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My break up is leading to me seeing more friends, and trying to better myself.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
decided to take a bath to help my back

oh my gosh bath time is best time <3 so relaxing u w u
blasted emery and relaxed for like...30 minutes

note to self: we need to buy bubble bath

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Just repaired my Hisoundaudio Golden Crystals. Gonna do repair work to some other 'phones sitting around.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I scored quite well in my test today. A bit less than what I expected, but still ahead of most of my friends.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Got audio technica t300 for $20, went on an adventure, and then went to dinner and a movie.

The icing on the cake? I woke up in time for work without a hitch

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 2

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'm definitely gonna get a 3.0 GPA this semester, a much welcome improvement from last semester.

This summer, I have complete control of my work schedule, and I'll be swimming in a Master's league this summer. I'm gonna be in such great shape for my next swim season. It's just going to be a really productive summer.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Tomorrow will be the 3 year anniversary for my boyfriend and me <3 We dont get to see each other (I'm away in Pittsburgh for school :C), but I will see him this weekend and we will be able to celebrate! I think we are grabbing sushi with a friend, going to the metroparks to walk around/splash around in the creeks and rivers like crazies/climb dangerous rocks and cliffs, and play league/ygo.

The best weekend

And now the Rangers won their series against the caps (bittersweet, but rangers are my favorite)
Really exciting playoffs!!! 4 teams were part of the original 6, while the Kings and Pens were part of the 67 expansion, and Ottawa is a Canadian team (Canadian teams are fun to watch. Those crowds!)

I sincerely don't care about San Jose, unless they play a team I dislike though >___> Bias against warm weather teams :p (jk. San Jose is pretty cool. Sharkiessss)

Go Rangers/Hawks!

Ahhh I love playoff season
Best time of the year: hockey and baseball can be seen on the same days!!!!

Top Bottom