• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I finally swam 400 meters without stopping last night at practice. It's a big deal because it's long course. My shoulders were burning, but it's great to know that all my work isn't going to waste.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Girl that I've been on and off for four years came back to me last week.

Will post the same post in the unhappy thread as I'm not sure how to feel about it yet.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Made a ****ty tumblr, feels kinda good writing out my thoughts on a new place, dunno why. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it or not so I'll hold off on that.

In other news, finished The Last of Us. Maybe not a perfect game but I think in some ways it's a big step forward. No regen health, game keeps building upon what it teaches you rather than trying out too many gimmicks, etc. IMO definitely try it out at some point if you have even a little interest in it. I was not disappointed.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Made a ****ty tumblr, feels kinda good writing out my thoughts on a new place, dunno why. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it or not so I'll hold off on that.

In other news, finished The Last of Us. Maybe not a perfect game but I think in some ways it's a big step forward. No regen health, game keeps building upon what it teaches you rather than trying out too many gimmicks, etc. IMO definitely try it out at some point if you have even a little interest in it. I was not disappointed.
Feel free, just don't blatantly advertise it like some people do.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I just received a call from one of my middle schools. Usually on Tuesday and Friday, I have 5 class days. 3 classes in the morning and junior high and two classes after lunch at the adjuvant elementary school (5th and 6th grade). Well, that middle school called saying both schools will have a holiday so I don't have to come. Which means I can work from my apartment! Of course, I have to write what I did to my supervisor at the BoE but, technically, "working on lesson plans" can be substituted for "playing video games" lol. In all fairness, I'll probably study Japanese, clean my apartment, and go to the bank.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Blackhawks won

All is right with the world

I get to go back to Pittsburgh in 2 weeks with great pride....since they didnt even make it to the finals.
I may not be a Chicagoan, but the Hawks were the team I had going all the way : D (plus the Rangers but they will always be my #1....seriously best defense NA)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Blastoise figure I ordered from Japan came today!

It included some kind of candy or something with a character on it that looks like Doraemon but I don't think IS Doraemon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
>Organizing all my gifs, and pictures
>Come across all my 1D stuff
>Not sure if to put in the "Music / Artists" folder or the "Cute Boys" folder

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Indians won the double header in the most exciting ways ever (GO TRIBE! 19-10 and 9-8!!) and I painted a picture I really like C:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
a little wasted right now. Celebrated the reuniting of a friend me and my group haven't seen in a while.

It doesn't seem like that long ago to me, because while working EVERY DAY seems exactly the same. The last 3 years haven't even gone by as far as I'm concerned, but a lot seems to have happened with everyone else.

Maybe I've changed too, I just haven't seen it. I'm the only one that hasn't had a relationship in the past 3 years though, wish THAT had changed.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My girlfriend and I visited her parents today. They are nice people but extremely traditional so it can be nerveracking to go there. Well, we were sitting down and watching TV when her father came in with a pet carrying case. He had found a stray kitten and caught it in a cage. Her father is a naturalist and a landscaper. The house is an old Japanese house nestled in the woods with rock gardens, gardens and such. He loves animals and, at one point, they had 40 stray cats and dogs living there.

It had a slight eye infection and some scratches on her nose. Plus it looked anodlutely frightened. But we fed her milk and cleaned her up whiling loving the kitten. The kitten was purring and sleeping on us by the end. I like cats but I'm a dog person. Plus I'm allergic.

My girlfriends father was intending to keep it but asked if we knew anyone who might want a cat. We both looked at each other and had the same idea. One of my best friends, who happens to be an English teacher from Mexico, is a huge cat lover but he has yet to find a car. He's been looking but, some times, people refused to sell/give a cat to him since he's a foreigner. In particular, he was looking for a Calico cat. By luck, she was a calico.

I took some pictures and videos for him and he instantly said he will take it. His girlfriend hates animals but they agreed that she is ok with a cat(both my GF and I as well as them live together).

So on Tuesday, we will go up to pick her up and bring her back. He is super excited and I'm glad I had a hand in that.

Edit: I just uploaded a picture

As well, I went shopping today at the huge mall and picked up some buffalo wing sauce, Jamaican jerk sauce, chipotle seasoning, enchiladas sauce, blue cheese mix, honey mustard, Sriracha and Sriracha fish sauce, and different tea. Costed me almost $80 but totally worth it.

Attachments

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I have the most unnatural feeling and smile plastered on my face as the result of a heartwarming conversation with she who will not be named.

Seriously I feel all icky and weird, not being pessimistic for once. Hopefully it's only temporary.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
^^Not ready for the main event.

The weather here's been amazing for a whole week. That's a big deal in this country.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Tonight, I remembered that I really do want to be a concept artist.

This quarter is going to be a major change in who I am as a person. I've dealt with a lot of stress/anxiety/negative emotions since I began college. My confidence has slipped considerably since high school because of that.
But, this quarter will be different. I gave myself classes I would actually enjoy and not stress over.

Plus, my Positive Psych class is already changing my perspective for the better after just one class

And...I finally just sat outside and enjoyed the view of the city. The sunset tonight was gorgeous because of the stormclouds. We had some nasty weather, and it just made the sunset so perfect (uploading pics to the picture thread in a bit).
My life is good. I'm going to get my act together and learn to manage my stress better.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm going to two of my friend's wedding. Pretty excited :3

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thursday I get $3,000 (plus a little extra) from my trust fund to get a gaming laptop for college.
YEAAAAAAAAH

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Thursday I get $3,000 (plus a little extra) from my trust fund to get a gaming laptop for college.
YEAAAAAAAAH
You really don't need that much even for a high end pc lmao.

1,500 will let you run Crysis 3 ffs. Spend at least 500 of that on hookers. But seriously don't spend all of that on one rig that's awful lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You really don't need that much even for a high end pc lmao.

1,500 will let you run Crysis 3 ffs. Spend at least 500 of that on hookers. But seriously don't spend all of that on one rig that's awful lol.
That would be my logic if I was actually paying for it. I'm not. I'm getting a custom made laptop from a company with money that I saved from my trust fund because I got scholarships from college.

Everything's overkill on it just for the sake of bragging rights in my college group. GTX 780m, quad core intel i7 fourth generation processor at 2.8 GHz, and a bunch of extra goodies. And I couldn't care less~

Believe me, I help people with cheap rigs all the time.

Top Bottom