• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
No, it isn't. Higher gravity=/= a better pace. Its actually much easier to punish landing with a high gravity and makes attacking the shield even less rewarding. Removing most landing lag would be a better thing.
i meant subspace in general as the best part lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
The interview should be called "iliad talks about how salty he is about whitby and how he admits the whitby>hamilton"

I mean whitby was the main topic for pretty much 3/4 of the interview

Whitby's so good we have hamilton take our interviews for us.
It really did sound like that for a while lol.

edit: subspace was fun, I probably will try to do it in super hard with no practice and see how many continues it take me/how long. We'l see if it's harder than placing at tournaments.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
SSE is a joke even on intense.. X3 Just have a good team and you will never get koed. If you plan to do it on story mode... It's still rather easy tbh, since you can infinitely throw most of the enemies and almost all attacks put them into a knockback hit state, which you can spam until they die.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Supreme Dirt vs. Supreme Dirt crew battle.

I predict myself losing.

*EDIT* New tier list.
S: Meta Knight
A: Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco
B: Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pikachu
C: Lucario, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Mr. Game & Watch, Toon Link
D: Fox, Wolf, Peach
E: Donkey Kong, Kirby, R.O.B., Pit, Sonic
F: Ike, Sheik/Zelda, Luigi, Sheik, Ness, Yoshi, Pokémon Trainer
G: Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon
H: Link, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ganondorf

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
=_= How very decieving.... Peach didn't actually raise in the tier list tbh... just kirby and ROB are now below her. Wolfs placement above her also show that she didnt actually move.... Least shes not low tier. Just noticed.... Pit is also below her hmm bout time actually lol.

Waiting for the day DK takes her place lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ganon moved down.

He was G tier before, now he's H tier.

I TOTALLY CALLED IT.

Also MK moved up because if you check the thread they added Random to the tier list. Random is Mid tier.

Which begs the question. Do I allow random at my mid-tier tournament?

"The character Random is banned."

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
LOL I believe random was put there as a joke... since it has no number beside it. Though Random can give any character... so it's a chance of getting bottom - god tier. Sounds Mid tier to me lmao.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I really don't get how Peach is so low....is it because she doesn't have much rep? Cause that character *****, I guess it's the learning curve.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Quite a few opinions flyin in dis thread. dayum lol :laugh:.

If yall got tier list questions, hit me up on msn and I can explain ppl.

I can't play SSE anymore.

The extra gravity just throws me off so much.
THIS

The general consensus is that Ally is a better player/M2K has Ally-johns.
M2K beat ally in winners at Brainshock Beta dog. The GF was kinda lulzy so eff that lol.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I really don't get how Peach is so low....is it because she doesn't have much rep? Cause that character *****, I guess it's the learning curve.
So low? Top of mid tier sounds pretty high for that kind of character imo. Terrible m/u with MK and other top tiers + has a universal issue killing. She's about as high as I would ever expect her to be.

swordgard

Smash Hero
So low? Top of mid tier sounds pretty high for that kind of character imo. Terrible m/u with MK and other top tiers + has a universal issue killing. She's about as high as I would ever expect her to be.
This, same expectations over here.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Listen, they tried to put me in a box, the urban dude.
I'm Mr. Festivals, Coachella, Bonaru
They never really understood what I was trying to do,
And had me feeling Miles Davis kinda blue
I flipped the switch and put the rock star in my show,
Went overseas and had 'em cop cars whipping slow
They're looking for me I was bad with a black band
Eating everybody in the game, Pacman
The only issue is not a game,
I've got these kids looking at me, saying "What a shame!
He's so underrated, he should have sold more
Should've had a number one record with his own tour.
Look at his live show, look how we touch 'em keys,
Look how 'em girls scream when he fall to his knees!
Look how he pour his heart out when he tell his story."
i guess i had to spill my guts so i could get my glory!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Do you /are you guys ever become sick of your mains?

I need to use like 5-6 different chars in friendlies now or i get frustrated and bored

:phone:

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
People need to understand why Peach is NOT top tier material.

As many people know she has one of the worst KO powers (arguably worse than Spamus) She has trouble koing even light characters if they DI correctly not to mention lacks a real spike (dtilt is a joke). Peach has one of the SLOWEST Air speeds in the game, and despite most of her combos being air attack related she has horrible air defence. She lacks serious range on her moves... and on MUs like MK this causes a very big problem. Peach does have good DI capabilities, but the lack of her power will often have her being koed first before she finally manages to take down the opponent.

While I do utilise her quite defensively it won't work on characters who can out Camp her making even my Peach struggle on characters like Falco and Diddy.

The fact is... MK will always be Peachs downfall, the MU is horrible and any really good MK main will tell you how Peach is free for him. I could go into why this MU is so utterly bad... but w/e lol. I don't even want to go into her other Priority problems on characters like Falco and Luigi XD.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Super smash bros. brawl is a diverse game filled with deep strategy, with a ton of variety in tournament top 10 winners.
I just don't know where we would be without this tier list.

swordgard

Smash Hero
People need to understand why Peach is NOT top tier material.

As many people know she has one of the worst KO powers (arguably worse than Spamus) She has trouble koing even light characters if they DI correctly not to mention lacks a real spike (dtilt is a joke). Peach has one of the SLOWEST Air speeds in the game, and despite most of her combos being air attack related she has horrible air defence. She lacks serious range on her moves... and on MUs like MK this causes a very big problem. Peach does have good DI capabilities, but the lack of her power will often have her being koed first before she finally manages to take down the opponent.

While I do utilise her quite defensively it won't work on characters who can out Camp her making even my Peach struggle on characters like Falco and Diddy.

The fact is... MK will always be Peachs downfall, the MU is horrible and any really good MK main will tell you how Peach is free for him. I could go into why this MU is so utterly bad... but w/e lol. I don't even want to go into her other Priority problems on characters like Falco and Luigi XD.
If only she had a grab release>dacus on MK. That would solve a lot of issues.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There were people trying to say Ganondorf shouldn't be at the bottom of the tier list.
And people making comments which were essentially "finally, MK has his own tier".

The level of intelligence on Smashboards never fails to surprise me.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
tearsss for queeerzzz
Says the God tier main xD

Do you /are you guys ever become sick of your mains?

I need to use like 5-6 different chars in friendlies now or i get frustrated and bored

:phone:
yeah dog lol. I can't play more than 4 games of the same matchup without getting bored : p

There were people trying to say Ganondorf shouldn't be at the bottom of the tier list.
And people making comments which were essentially "finally, MK has his own tier".

The level of intelligence on Smashboards never fails to surprise me.
lol...

Top-Tier post.
Brawl is a great and fun game
God-Tier post.

------------------------------------------------------------

And to the n**'s that reached CoT5 with me, joking about Jabu Jabu

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2011/06/23/344-jabu-jabu/

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Looooooooooool.

Also I also have to keep switching in friendlies, in part because I tend to be playing against a friend of mine who mains MARIO (D3 vs. Mario, FUNFUNFUNFUNFUN) and he's easily frustrated. Also the more I play the MU the more I realize how unfun it is for the D3 main. You use like.... 4 moves the entire match other than mixups, and if Mario gets you offstage you are probably dead (cape). But at least I have PT, Jiggz, and Snake to mix things up.

Top Bottom