• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
info that you all might be interested in

im sure many of you have heard of the VLS tragedy that occurred, with nearly a thousand dollars being stolen. omegawhitemage has a handful of matches recorded between the two of us, and they are quite entertaining if i do say so myself. but he needs your help! he cant release LOTS of pro vids until they pay off some dues from the tourney.

so do your part and donate! if not for the community, than to see all new g-reg vids! i promise they will not disappoint.

Double N Dann

Smash Journeyman
SUNY cobleskill... where kids get 3 stocked 3 on 1
ahhh... I love this thread.

I've seen people use u-tilt for edgeguarding... I know it's pretty good to use but isn't f-tilting better? comes out quicker and you can aim it in 5 distinct directions.

problem though... can the f-tilt ever hit right below the edge? as in does the hitbox extend just that tiny bit to where a fox/falco can sweetspot?

halfDemon

Smash Lord
UTilt has much more knockback, and you can always mess up the angles with FTilt. Although I still like the FTilt in certain situations, I definitely prefer G-reg's edgeguard.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I've got some questions about edgeguarding Marth with the light shield -> edgehog method. When you're on the edge with the light shield up, where exactly are you tilting the control stick so Falcon falls to the ledge, and how hard are you tilting it?
Say you're on the left side of FD, would you hold the stick at 6 o'clock?

jmic

Smash Ace
7:30.

Exactly at the notch between left and down, and tilted all the way in.

You've gotta make extra sure that you're all the way left, like your back foot is offstage.

Cups

Smash Ace
I've got some noob questions about edgeguarding Marth with the light shield -> edgehog method. When you're being a noob on the edge with the light shield up, where exactly are you tilting the control stick so Falcon falls to the ledge, and how hard are you doing my mother?
Say you're on the left side of FD, would you hold the stick at 6 o'clock, or am I a silly noob?
I think you'll find that all of your questions and assumptions about yourself are answered yes. Really tho, thx for bringing this up, never done it correctly. Jmic I have trouble not rolling, do I kind of just ease it over rather than push it quickly?

much <3 Smooth, we'll team again soon.

HANA

Smash Apprentice
The best combo ever is uthrow dtilt uthrow dilt nair knee grab dthrow stomp falcon punch, SON.

Yea... I've done that. Level 1 computer, beastly good.
i believe this is what they call the "Darkrain" combo....its godly...you know...minus the last 4 things

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Hey I just started playing as Falcon and so Im not following this thread for a very long time.
G-reg,couldnt you summarize your tips in your first post please? T_T
There are over 80 sites..hard to find all your cool stuff there :p

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Hey I just started playing as Falcon and so Im not following this thread for a very long time.
G-reg,couldnt you summarize your tips in your first post please? T_T
There are over 80 sites..hard to find all your cool stuff there :p
The good stuff is only in the first 3-5 pages...so just skim through that. Then probably look at the Falcon Essentials thread here on the CF boards.

jmic

Smash Ace
G-reg, here's my video vs. that Kirby. The first one was embarrassing, but in this one I figured out the matchup a little better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3haQBes2ok

Some things that I noticed:
I need to work on spacing the Nairs better to prevent grabs.
I need to edgeguard with Utilt A LOT more.
2:58 was supposed to be a ledgehopped Nair and would've saved me that stock.

Anything else to work on? I'm gonna have more videos of me soon.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
G-reg, here's my video vs. that Kirby. The first one was embarrassing, but in this one I figured out the matchup a little better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3haQBes2ok

Some things that I noticed:
I need to work on spacing the Nairs better to prevent grabs.
I need to edgeguard with Utilt A LOT more.
2:58 was supposed to be a ledgehopped Nair and would've saved me that stock.

Anything else to work on? I'm gonna have more videos of me soon.
UAir works wonders on Kirby; use it more.

jmic

Smash Ace
Yeah. That, and I could list a few million johns for this match. But I'd rather other people tell me what I need to improve on.

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
Forward tilt more. It has crazy range. But don't spam it too much. You don't see enough Falcons abusing his crazy long legs. This is also good to spam against CCers, because if you space it, you're too far away for them to hit you. ^^ Except for G&W and his manhole. Or Samus and her d-tilt. But against most everyone else your legs are too long. Btw, angling his f-tilt is amazing.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Forward tilt more. It has crazy range. But don't spam it too much. You don't see enough Falcons abusing his crazy long legs. This is also good to spam against CCers, because if you space it, you're too far away for them to hit you. ^^ Except for G&W and his manhole. Or Samus and her d-tilt. But against most everyone else your legs are too long. Btw, angling his f-tilt is amazing.
And Peach and her goddam DSmash. Although using an angled FTilt gets hilarious results on platform campers.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Ummm....Every time he rolls it is a free knee or grab. He rolled alot. You need to punish more and play more aggresive.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
nope i didnt try really cause he was shining the only thing i could do was roll and start moving again, but hes fulljumping so there might be a way of punishing that fulljump with the drillshine i just dont know it.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
If you can predict when he's gonna fullhop drill, your Uair should out prioritize and out range the Dair.
Otherwise, if you can avoid the Dair he might mess up his L-Cancel and you can get a grab. But if the Dair connects, you can't grab him out of it if he L-Cancels correctly and uses the shine quick enough (so don't try it, and the same goes for Falco).

jmic

Smash Ace
Most of the time, the first few hits are inescapable. Try your best to DI out of it, and also try to not get grabbed in the first place.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
cool thanks.

another thing... i lost my moonwalking virginity today. it feels good. like i've practiced it before but after a knee i actually moonwalked edge hogged and it felt amazing. i even paused and celebrated. do you remember your first moonwalk... lol.

also any tips vs falco. i hate it. lasers make you want to just jump in close and brawl which isn't the smartest. and please dont say powershield lol i try.

Top Bottom